Author Topic: Alabama Secretary of State: If State GOP Pulls Support for Moore and He Gets the Most Votes, Election Would Be ‘Null and Void’  (Read 13369 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Unfortunately that is all true!  And it makes me want to throw up!

"So Whhhhat? Putin Gate deedn't get you, yet, so we get you, on smaller scale of course - gives us time and experience perfecting the method - with Moore Gate. Mua-hah-haha."

The Dem/RINO reaction to Trump beating Hillary, from the start, has become a bad Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoon.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 01:44:08 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline roamer_1

In 1977 Roy Moore was NOT the DA.

Hey @Sighlass , you're down in Alabama, aren't you?
How's it feel on the ground? Are people buying this stuff?

Offline Sighlass

Hey @Sighlass , you're down in Alabama, aren't you?
How's it feel on the ground? Are people buying this stuff?

Lets just say that I wouldn't believe polls put out by politico and touted by certain members here. Thanks for the ping, was beginning to think all my posts were being ignored... like I had made everyone's block list. @roamer_1
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 02:21:16 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline roamer_1

Lets just say that I wouldn't believe polls put out by politico and touted by certain members here. Thanks for the ping, was beginning to think all my posts were being ignored... like I had made everyone's block list. @roamer_1

@Sighlass
I sure thought as much... RCP avg has him up 3, and that's with one significant poll from the day of the breaking news that had the dem up 4... since that one, a Moore +6 and a Moore +10, trending up.

I didn't figger y'all would fall for the city slicker bullcrap...

And sorry to make you feel disappeared... I always read ya.  :shrug:
 :beer:

Online libertybele

Seems they want Sessions back in his Senate seat.  I propose a swap..... Sessions as Senator... Moore as AG.

Sessions back into the Senate is no longer a possibility; the filing deadline has already passed, but  Sessions could perhaps run as a write in candidate, but I highly doubt that he will.  We're stuck with him as the AG unless Trump decides to do the right thing and fire him!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fantom

Sessions back into the Senate is no longer a possibility; the filing deadline has already passed, but  Sessions could perhaps run as a write in candidate, but I highly doubt that he will.  We're stuck with him as the AG unless Trump decides to do the right thing and fire him!

Was speakin' 'Bout write in's.  However, dems have been known to sub someone in after deadlines.  Not that I am for this. I am all Roy'd rage 'Bout even considering these "allegations" at the last minute as true.

So pissed am I, that I may well not vote in 2018 if Roy is forced out.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

Was speakin' 'Bout write in's.  However, dems have been known to sub someone in after deadlines.  Not that I am for this. I am all Roy'd rage 'Bout even considering these "allegations" at the last minute as true.

So pissed am I, that I may well not vote in 2018 if Roy is forced out.

I hear you....if our votes can be pushed aside and considered null and void, then why vote?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.

In 1977 Roy Moore was NOT the DA.

https://thepolitistick.com/roy-moore-attorney-demands-gloria-allred-release-original-yearbook-contends-fraud/
He actually served as deputy district attorney in Etowah County, Alabama, from 1977-1982; he was,
in fact, the first full-time such deputy in that county. I'm pretty sure he's not the first ADA/DDA to
sign his name with plain old "DA" after his signature.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
All it takes is a man with a weaker denial than Clarence Thomas, or even Bill Clinton.
In Clinton's case, practice makes perfect. He is an accomplished liar.
HIs parsing of phrase and meaning when he made the famous statement "I did not have sex with that woman." while pointing directly at Helen Thomas, (who was likely on the short list), making a brief pause and scan of the people assembled before smirking and saying "Monica Lewinsky." as a non sequitur permitted him the gravitas and calm of not lying, but appearing to say something he really didn't. Textbook, and worthy of study.

I think with the media barrage on Thomas, he had more time to consider his answers and the questions he was asked, especially by Media personalities who were sympathetic and less hostile on more conservative shows. They did not want to feed him to Anita Hill and the Dems, especially with the sting of Robert Bork not so far back.

OTOH, Hannity (on the heels of so many Hollywood sex scandal/revelations) seemed adversarial, and may even have been hostile, and a former DA like Moore would pick up on the intent to catch him in a rhetorical trap early on. For that reason he would have to mull over the question, consider how an answer could be used to trap him later on in a misinterpretation by someone who was hostile, and construct answers which would be honest, yet not vulnerable to being twisted. You don't just go tap dancing in a rhetorical minefield. You just aren't going to come off as slick as a telemarketer under those circumstances.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

He actually served as deputy district attorney in Etowah County, Alabama, from 1977-1982; he was,
in fact, the first full-time such deputy in that county. I'm pretty sure he's not the first ADA/DDA to

See here wrt the whole DA thing:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,291215.msg1516058.html#msg1516058
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:43:06 am by roamer_1 »

Online Smokin Joe

Why are the sevens different? Why was the restaurant name printed in all caps and not cursive? (too many common letters for comparison with the part of the text which was in darker blue ink?)

I'll wait for expert analysis, but my bet is that is a kluge, part forgery at least. She called him "Ray" until Allred corrected her. Was there a "Ray" or another "Roy" who signed her yearbook and the Moore, date, DA, and restaurant name added later to flesh out an altered signature that would look good enough for most in black and white? This is being offered as supporting evidence. If it is falsified, her story is absolutely not credible.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

OTOH, Hannity (on the heels of so many Hollywood sex scandal/revelations) seemed adversarial, and may even have been hostile, and a former DA like Moore would pick up on the intent to catch him in a rhetorical trap early on.

@Smokin Joe
This is worth a little more comment. Getting 'Hannitized' in a political sense is something Hannity is known for... A Republican pol in trouble comes in and sits down, and gets a nice 'touchy-feely' place to speak his mind, with lobbed softball questions leading the outcome... It has happened so often as to have a name coined.

That's what I think Moore thought he was walking into, and I don't think that's what Hannity was doing at all - He started out pretty soft, but started becoming very adversarial. I think Moore wasn't expecting that, and was not led to expect that (thinking softball), and was operating under what became a 'friendly' sandbagging.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Smokin Joe
This is worth a little more comment. Getting 'Hannitized' in a political sense is something Hannity is known for... A Republican pol in trouble comes in and sits down, and gets a nice 'touchy-feely' place to speak his mind, with lobbed softball questions leading the outcome... It has happened so often as to have a name coined.

That's what I think Moore thought he was walking into, and I don't think that's what Hannity was doing at all - He started out pretty soft, but started becoming very adversarial. I think Moore wasn't expecting that, and was not led to expect that (thinking softball), and was operating under what became a 'friendly' sandbagging.

Hannity can be as rude and nasty as needed, whenever his Masters tell him to heel.  He's in on this one, it's obvious.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

My whole take on the interview was that Hannity was trying to trick him into some sort of contradiction. Moore, now conscious of the difference in which the way southern courting rituals of 4 decades ago would be perceived in the modern press was being careful not to feed the lions. Despite categorically denying any immoral behaviour, Hannity still came across with the whole attitude that he did not deny the allegations of wrongdoing.  :shrug:

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

Hannity can be as rude and nasty as needed, whenever his Masters tell him to heel.  He's in on this one, it's obvious.
My take, too.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Hannity will do as he is told or find himself Bill O'reillied!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

I think that's right. And a don't think that's what he sold to Moore. He looks off, rattled.

Offline roamer_1

My whole take on the interview was that Hannity was trying to trick him into some sort of contradiction. Moore, now conscious of the difference in which the way southern courting rituals of 4 decades ago would be perceived in the modern press was being careful not to feed the lions. Despite categorically denying any immoral behaviour, Hannity still came across with the whole attitude that he did not deny the allegations of wrongdoing.  :shrug:

Yeah. That's pretty tight thinking.
And as the hue and cry around here proves, even in the face of folks explaining those courting differences, shows Moore right to tread softly. But I still don't thing he was expecting what he got.

Online Smokin Joe

Yeah. That's pretty tight thinking.
And as the hue and cry around here proves, even in the face of folks explaining those courting differences, shows Moore right to tread softly. But I still don't thing he was expecting what he got.
More than one innocent man has been shocked into ineffectiveness at being slammed with baseless allegations of wrongdoing, and it is not the last time someone will take that as a sign he wasn't being truthful, was being evasive, or was guilty.

In view of all this, Pence is one of the wisest politicians of the age, in that he doesn't go places without the Mrs. along. I'm sure the creative minds at the tabloids could cipher out a way to twist that if their marching orders were such, but credibility might not be there. As for media climate, on the tail of all the Hollywood allegations (possibly well timed, and very likely deserved in view of the people making those allegations--guilt to be determined by a court, if it gets that far) this would be swept up as just another breaking scandal, with the crowd already warmed up and ready for blood sport in any arena.

Once the mob is at a fever pitch, they'll hang a little old woman for picking up draft horses and carrying them off on her back without stopping to think about the facts, provided enough people shout the accusations and someone leads the torchlight parade.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

Like I said he was NOT the DA at that time.

Also the signature were in two different colors.... when I first saw it... I thought someone had faked it, but CNN put the picture up (on twitter and I screen shot it).

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Like I said he was NOT the DA at that time.

Also the signature were in two different colors.... when I first saw it... I thought someone had faked it, but CNN put the picture up (on twitter and I screen shot it).

I'd like to know what an actual handwriting expert would say about that yearbook myself. Assuming such an expert
finds it fake or at least questionable, that might impact the credibility of one accuser, but there are others, alas.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'd like to know what an actual handwriting expert would say about that yearbook myself. Assuming such an expert
finds it fake or at least questionable, that might impact the credibility of one accuser, but there are others, alas.

I have $20 that says there will never be such expert examination of this evidence.  And, as you say, it doesn't matter because "there are others."  I wonder how many are lined up for today?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Hoodat

Thanks for the ping, was beginning to think all my posts were being ignored... like I had made everyone's block list. @roamer_1

@Sighlass

Dangit, girl.  You are the boots on the ground.  We are expecting updates from you every hour on the hour.  We need details!  8 x 10 glossy photos with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one.  Can you drive by the restaurant and take some photos of the parking lot so that we can get a feel for how this girl was allegedly assaulted?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-