Author Topic: The Truth and Fictions of the Roy Moore Debacle  (Read 2600 times)

Offline sinkspur

The Truth and Fictions of the Roy Moore Debacle
« on: November 14, 2017, 06:38:03 pm »

Caleb Howe
November 14, 2017

..............The consequences of a Moore win would play out across the GOP. And to what end? You may think you are preserving a particular number of votes, but that’s not so if you’re tanking other races. Every Senator will have to answer for Moore now. Already. How much worse will that be if he sits?

And how much worse are we if he sits and then even more comes out? If he turns out to be guilty as sin. What are we, then?

Ann Coulter and National Review agree on something. They want a write-in opponent for Moore. Two opposite ends of the GOP spectrum with the same notion. For my part, I’m with them both. Let’s run someone against him or in place of him. Now. Before it’s too late.

The fiction is that Roy Moore wins and all this goes away. The truth is, it’s Moore that needs to go away.

https://www.redstate.com/absentee/2017/11/14/truths-fictions-roy-moore-debacle/
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: The Truth and Fictions of the Roy Moore Debacle
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 06:58:09 pm »

Caleb Howe
November 14, 2017

..............The consequences of a Moore win would play out across the GOP. And to what end? You may think you are preserving a particular number of votes, but that’s not so if you’re tanking other races. Every Senator will have to answer for Moore now. Already. How much worse will that be if he sits?

And how much worse are we if he sits and then even more comes out? If he turns out to be guilty as sin. What are we, then?

Ann Coulter and National Review agree on something. They want a write-in opponent for Moore. Two opposite ends of the GOP spectrum with the same notion. For my part, I’m with them both. Let’s run someone against him or in place of him. Now. Before it’s too late.

The fiction is that Roy Moore wins and all this goes away. The truth is, it’s Moore that needs to go away.

https://www.redstate.com/absentee/2017/11/14/truths-fictions-roy-moore-debacle/

Nice sermon. Did he preach that at church last Sunday?
The Republic is lost.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 07:07:12 pm »
The author makes a crucial misstep and assumes that Moore stepping aside (which, as I've noted, he can't actually do) would prevent the Democrats from trying to tie the GOP to Moore. They will anyway. It's what they do.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 07:16:53 pm »

I call BS.  The Democrats don't have to answer for Bob Menendez.  They never had to answer for Ted Kennedy, Christopher Dodd, and their waitress sandwiches.  They didn't have to answer for the lies of Susan Rice or for Loretta Lynch obstructing justice.  So why are Democrats now trying to apply a standard to Republicans that they themselves don't believe in?

Maybe if they were to apply this standard to Menendez, then and only then would they have a valid point.  But they don't.  Lying hypocrites, one and all.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 07:20:18 pm »
The author makes a crucial misstep and assumes that Moore stepping aside (which, as I've noted, he can't actually do) would prevent the Democrats from trying to tie the GOP to Moore. They will anyway. It's what they do.

Nonsense.  If they force him out, he's neutralized as a campaign issue.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 07:21:18 pm »
I call BS.  The Democrats don't have to answer for Bob Menendez.  They never had to answer for Ted Kennedy, Christopher Dodd, and their waitress sandwiches.  They didn't have to answer for the lies of Susan Rice or for Loretta Lynch obstructing justice.  So why are Democrats now trying to apply a standard to Republicans that they themselves don't believe in?

Maybe if they were to apply this standard to Menendez, then and only then would they have a valid point.  But they don't.  Lying hypocrites, one and all.

If Menendez is convicted, he will have to resign. If he's not, he's cleared.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 10:44:45 pm »
If Menendez is convicted, he will have to resign. If he's not, he's cleared.

If Moore is convicted, he will have to resign. If he's not, he's cleared.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 10:51:02 pm »
The state, I don't care if it is Hawaii or California or Alabama or Delaware, there is probably limited importance in outsiders coming in and telling you what is going on...maybe we've even had that for a few years with Menendez, I've heard people say "oh that so and so" but it's really about that state and I definitely don't like some of Menendez's views on the issues.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 10:52:53 pm »
Analyst Says Judge Roy Moore Signature Inside Gloria Allred Accuser’s Yearbook Was FORGED

The sevens in 1977 to the right of “Christmas,” are very different from the sevens in the date (12-22-77) above “Old Hickory House.”

“Look at the two versions of the number “7,” tweeted Wictor.

“”12-22-77” and “Olde Hickory House” were written by a different person,” he added.

Next, Wictor points out “the “R” and “y” in “Roy,”” are not written the same way.

The inflection of the “Y” is more pronounced in Moore’ signature as Chief Justice. The “R” is noticeably longer in the  signature of Chief Justice, as well.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/11/fake-analyst-says-judge-roy-moore-signature-inside-gloria-allred-accusers-yearbook-forged/]

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2017, 10:59:24 pm »
Analyst Says Judge Roy Moore Signature Inside Gloria Allred Accuser’s Yearbook Was FORGED

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/11/fake-analyst-says-judge-roy-moore-signature-inside-gloria-allred-accusers-yearbook-forged/]
Wow. The way the link reads it's as if they contend the analyst is fake. That is NOT what the article says,so I thought I'd clarify that. The article title:
IT’S A FAKE! Analyst Says Judge Roy Moore Signature Inside Gloria Allred Accuser’s Yearbook Was FORGED
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mrclose

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2017, 11:19:31 pm »
Signed in December?

Yearbooks are published at the end of the school year: summer.

Christmas is the MIDDLE of the school year.
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2017, 11:37:34 pm »
Signed in December?

Yearbooks are published at the end of the school year: summer.

Christmas is the MIDDLE of the school year.
Supposedly on Dec. 22, 1977. Most schools are out for Christmas break, or were then. I know because my birthday was never celebrated at school for that reason.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 11:38:34 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2017, 12:25:31 am »
Sinkspur clearly is in the right on this. This is not about criminal conviction...that's an issue for the courts. As a political issue, this guy is a nightmare and must go. If he wins, he's a millstone hung around every Republican's neck...that may not be fair, and it would not happen to a Dem (but you should not doubt that the MSM will make sure this happens)....if he loses, we lose the seat.

What this man has admitted to makes him unacceptable...much less the fact he faces some VERY credible allegations about dating girls as young as 14. Politically, this can't be ignored or set aside without major negative consequences for conservatives in the Senate and House.

We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2017, 12:28:11 am »
BREAKING: Roy Moore Farted In Church; Blames Pastor.

Details at 11.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2017, 12:28:22 am »
Sinkspur clearly is in the right on this. This is not about criminal conviction...that's an issue for the courts. As a political issue, this guy is a nightmare and must go. If he wins, he's a millstone hung around every Republican's neck...that may not be fair, and it would not happen to a Dem (but you should not doubt that the MSM will make sure this happens)....if he loses, we lose the seat.

What this man has admitted to makes him unacceptable...much less the fact he faces some VERY credible allegations about dating girls as young as 14. Politically, this can't be ignored or set aside without major negative consequences for conservatives in the Senate and House.

Total bullcrap.

My dad sparked my mother in his late 20's she was 17 when they married. And that is in no wise uncommon in that generation.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2017, 12:47:19 am »

Sheeeesh!

My grandfather married my grandmother when she was 16, and they remained married until his death in the '80s, and raised four fine kids.

He faces one claim by one girl under the age of consent at the time of the alleged incident. one. All else were old enough to make their decisions. "Teenager" includes people old enough to enter contracts, marry without permission from anyone, vote for Senators, and serve in the Armed Forces. At the time, it also included people old enough to drink beer and wine (just not in that county, which was dry).

The demographics of small town has been explained--Go to West Point, serve two tours in the Army, go to Law School, and then come back home (estimated 10 years minimum) and tell me how many in your age group are 'eligible'. Not much left besides rejects, retreads, and the town pump.  You look older, and the same problem as the age group, which leaves younger prospects, above the age of consent, which, in case you forgot is (and was) 16. He had the permission and blessing of parents, even. This isn't some pedo in a trench coat  hanging around the elementary school like WaPo and the rest of the liberals are trying to paint it.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 12:51:31 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2017, 01:02:43 am »
Total bullcrap.

My dad sparked my mother in his late 20's she was 17 when they married. And that is in no wise uncommon in that generation.

Did your dad also stalk teenage girls at their local hangout?  Was your dad on a "warning list" of men skulking after young flesh?

If no, while we all rejoice in your parent's marriage it hasn't a damn thing to do with Moore's situation. 

If yes, thank the Lord your father didn't end up in jail .... or worse.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 01:03:46 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2017, 01:22:37 am »
Did your dad also stalk teenage girls at their local hangout?  Was your dad on a "warning list" of men skulking after young flesh?

More bullcrap. There is NO evidence of stalking, and there is NO evidence of his being on any warning list. Hearsay and gossip. That's all you've got.

As I said before:
The Lord hates a waggin tongue.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2017, 01:35:23 am »
More bullcrap. There is NO evidence of stalking, and there is NO evidence of his being on any warning list. Hearsay and gossip. That's all you've got.

As I said before:
The Lord hates a waggin tongue.

A lot has been revealed and the usual suspects have proven their predictability yet again.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online roamer_1

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2017, 01:38:12 am »
A lot has been revealed and the usual suspects have proven their predictability yet again.

Some of it I understand - A knee-jerk reaction to sympathize with the poor women... But there is a reason why that isn't enough. PROOF is the standard, and always should be.

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2017, 01:58:11 am »
More bullcrap. There is NO evidence of stalking, and there is NO evidence of his being on any warning list. Hearsay and gossip. .

Whatever helps you through the night @roamer_1 ...

We will agree to disagree.

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2017, 01:58:44 am »

Are you referring to Ted Cruz?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2017, 02:24:33 am »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline corbe

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2017, 02:37:29 am »
   In that Yearbook that he purposively signed was a picture of his future wife, according to some.

Kayla Kisor
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2017, 02:39:29 am »
No.

You.

But I agree with Ted Cruz on this @INVAR

Do you?