Author Topic: The Truth and Fictions of the Roy Moore Debacle  (Read 2645 times)

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: The Truth and Fictions of the Roy Moore Debacle
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2017, 02:45:33 am »
Speaking of "truth" and "fictions", why does some of the ink here appear to be of a different color...?

Did a pen run dry at just that moment...?  ;)

Online corbe

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2017, 02:55:14 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2017, 03:01:29 am »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2017, 03:08:00 am »

Those might have exsisted in 1977 but I don't recall ever having seen one. 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2017, 03:17:19 am »
Those might have exsisted in 1977 but I don't recall ever having seen one.
I had one of those when I was in elementary school---in the 1960s. They were popular with
kids around the country for a couple of decades.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 03:21:06 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2017, 03:22:58 am »
If one was going to fake the last part of the note supposedly written by Moore, surely that person would use the same color ink, not another color.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2017, 03:53:12 am »
If one was going to fake the last part of the note supposedly written by Moore, surely that person would use the same color ink, not another color.
You'd think they'd make all their sevens the same way, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mrclose

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2017, 04:59:24 am »
Total bullcrap.

My dad sparked my mother in his late 20's she was 17 when they married. And that is in no wise uncommon in that generation.

My mother was 13 when I was born.
Dad was 17 but closer to 18.

Thank God dad wasn't put in jail and mom didn't have an abortion! :shrug:
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2017, 05:02:42 am »
My mother was 13 when I was born.
Dad was 17 but closer to 18.

Thank God dad wasn't put in jail and mom didn't have an abortion! :shrug:

That age spread is too much. You'll have the common decency to self abort immediately, right?

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2017, 05:05:46 am »
Someone over at Free Republic posted to me some interesting information if true. 

Steve Bannon And Allies Have Second Thoughts About Roy Moore, Sources Say
11/14/2017, 7:28:50 PM · 93 of 129
inquisitive mo to DiogenesLamp
Hi my first post. I found something interesting on
classmates.com
2009 Gadsden High school (30 year class reunion)

Beverly Young and leigh Corfman BOTH GRADUATED 1979
Same class same school same year.

1979 Leigh Corfman claimed to be 14 years old.
I guess they know each other.
Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/chat/3604783/posts?page=93#93

Apparently this entry was a trick by someone wanting to prank people.   
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 05:54:19 am by DiogenesLamp »
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2017, 05:13:18 am »
Someone over at Free Republic posted to me some interesting information if true. 

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/chat/3604783/posts?page=93#93

If this is true,  it sorta blows the "I was 14 at the time"  bullsh*t.

Be careful.  Anyone can add a name to Classmates.  I can add yours to that same class at that same high school.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2017, 05:15:52 am »
Be careful.  Anyone can add a name to Classmates.  I can add yours to that same class at that same high school.

Well if that's the case,  it's not necessarily proof of anything.   So who would have added Leigh Corfman's name to that?   Maybe another "false flag" operation?   

This ought not be hard to verify.  I would think someone could have found out one way or the other by now. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline mrclose

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2017, 05:17:07 am »
That age spread is too much. You'll have the common decency to self abort immediately, right?

I'm slow aborting.
Another 10 plus years should do it?

(I hope) :shrug:
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Applewood

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2017, 01:49:31 pm »
Sinkspur clearly is in the right on this. This is not about criminal conviction...that's an issue for the courts. As a political issue, this guy is a nightmare and must go. If he wins, he's a millstone hung around every Republican's neck...that may not be fair, and it would not happen to a Dem (but you should not doubt that the MSM will make sure this happens)....if he loses, we lose the seat.

What this man has admitted to makes him unacceptable...much less the fact he faces some VERY credible allegations about dating girls as young as 14. Politically, this can't be ignored or set aside without major negative consequences for conservatives in the Senate and House.

So who would you have replace Moore on the ballot?  Another Republican liberal? Might as well forfeit the election and install the Democrat.

And BTW,  the allegations aren't credible unless and until there is proof.

Oceander

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2017, 01:51:51 pm »
So who would you have replace Moore on the ballot?  Another Republican liberal? Might as well forfeit the election and install the Democrat.

/snicker

And by “proof” you mean nothing less than a sworn confession by Moore given in open court. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2017, 01:53:07 pm »
People are convicted on eye-witness testimony.

Also, seems some weren't so concerned about extreme liberal progressives being elected leader of this country in 2012 and 2016.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2017, 01:58:22 pm »
/snicker

And by “proof” you mean nothing less than a sworn confession by Moore given in open court.
That could've been coerced. Just sayin'.

The fact remains that these kinds of salacious allegations can neither be proven nor disproven, and when they come out at the one possible time when other people will be hurt, and sinister political operatives have the most to gain from lying, I have plenty of reason to doubt.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online roamer_1

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2017, 02:00:05 pm »
/snicker

Howabout starting with something other than hearsay?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2017, 02:12:27 pm »
/snicker

How about corroboration?  An actual witness to the alleged event, or maybe some hard evidence. 

Nothing I've seen so far constitutes corroboration.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2017, 02:17:06 pm »

It's not our fault if you don't see being pro-life as Luther Strange is as being liberal and on nearly every other issue.

Also, we all deserve to vote however we want but it did not seem some were too concerned about having extreme leftists in the White House versus President Trump or against Mitt Romney in 2012.

Half a loaf is better than none.

People are convicted on eyewitness testimony.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2017, 02:23:06 pm »
Sinkspur clearly is in the right on this. This is not about criminal conviction...that's an issue for the courts. As a political issue, this guy is a nightmare and must go. If he wins, he's a millstone hung around every Republican's neck...that may not be fair, and it would not happen to a Dem (but you should not doubt that the MSM will make sure this happens)....if he loses, we lose the seat.

What this man has admitted to makes him unacceptable...much less the fact he faces some VERY credible allegations about dating girls as young as 14. Politically, this can't be ignored or set aside without major negative consequences for conservatives in the Senate and House.

Bears being repeated, just "not denying" going out with teenage girls is a huge strike in many people's minds.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2017, 02:39:39 pm »
It's not our fault if you don't see being pro-life as Luther Strange is as being liberal and on nearly every other issue.

Also, we all deserve to vote however we want but it did not seem some were too concerned about having extreme leftists in the White House versus President Trump or against Mitt Romney in 2012.

Half a loaf is better than none.

People are convicted on eyewitness testimony.

We all deserve to vote however we want -- but the same apparently does not apply to the voters in Alabama, right? 

The voters rejected Strange in favor of Moore in the primaries.  If Moore is removed and replaced by Strange or anyone else, the voters lose their right to choose the senatot they might want in the special election. 

Do you not see what is happening here?  The party hierarchy has decided that voters are too stupid to select their representatives.  So the party is going to do it for them. 

So neither of us is an Alabama voter, and on the surface you and I might not have a stake in this particular election.  But if the party gets away with tossing out the candidate Alabama voters want, what is there to stop the party from doing the same in your state or mine? 

Offline Applewood

« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2017, 02:41:47 pm »
Bears being repeated, just "not denying" going out with teenage girls is a huge strike in many people's minds.

Maybe in yours, perhaps.   Not sure about others. 

However, I have heard that Moore has demanded proof of the allegations.   

Offline TomSea

« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2017, 02:42:57 pm »
We all deserve to vote however we want -- but the same apparently does not apply to the voters in Alabama, right? 

The voters rejected Strange in favor of Moore in the primaries.  If Moore is removed and replaced by Strange or anyone else, the voters lose their right to choose the senatot they might want in the special election. 

Do you not see what is happening here?  The party hierarchy has decided that voters are too stupid to select their representatives.  So the party is going to do it for them. 

So neither of us is an Alabama voter, and on the surface you and I might not have a stake in this particular election.  But if the party gets away with tossing out the candidate Alabama voters want, what is there to stop the party from doing the same in your state or mine?

Yes, the people of Alabama have that right. I wonder alone, if Moore would have won if we had the info we have today?  Doesn't deny dating teen age girls when he was thirty plus. A lot of people would see that as a strike against him. He may well not have won.  That is another consideration.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2017, 02:49:56 pm »
You've got to wonder about these arguments and the sincerity of them.

We have a lot of folks who seemed to be against Trump at every term; and would have seen a continuation of radicalism started under Obama.

Now, some guy who, even if the official translation of events doesn't make it so and may not be fair, is perceived as a child rapist by many. Oh, yeah, let's have him in the Senate representing the GOP.

Hey, if they were so against Trump, why take their word now?