Author Topic: The repeated, incorrect claim that Russia obtained ‘20 percent of our uranium’  (Read 372 times)

Offline sinkspur

The repeated, incorrect claim that Russia obtained ‘20 percent of our uranium’

Glenn Kessler
November 14, 20271

The 20 percent figure has long been in wide circulation. As we noted, the Fact Checker recently used it, though with caveats. But we should have looked at the actual production data and asked the NRC for an updated estimate of production capacity. Clearly, the number is woefully out of date.

Given that Uranium One’s production is only 2 percent of an already small total U.S. production — not 20 percent — the overwrought claims that Clinton “gave away” 20 percent of the U.S. nuclear supply or that Russia controls that much U.S. uranium are simply absurd.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/10/31/the-repeated-incorrect-claim-that-russia-obtained-20-percent-of-our-uranium/?utm_term=.dce99cc768dc
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Hoodat

'Inventory' and 'Production capacity' are two totally different things.  Maybe someone should fact-check the WaPo.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Just_Victor

'Inventory' and 'Production capacity' are two totally different things.  Maybe someone should fact-check the WaPo.

You're expecting actual logic from the leftists at the Washington.Compost?
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Hmmm, sounds like the WaPo is getting nervous about this, trying to downplay it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Hmmm, sounds like the WaPo is getting nervous about this, trying to downplay it.

I think it's far more than just the WaPo!  But that's just me!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

It also diverts from the real issue here which is selling uranium to Russia in exchange for cash to the Clintons.  If they sold a gram of U238 ore to Russia and profited off of it personally, then they should go to prison.  End of story.

Didn't see a WaPo fact check on that inconvenient truth.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It also diverts from the real issue here which is selling uranium to Russia in exchange for cash to the Clintons.  If they sold a gram of U238 ore to Russia and profited off of it personally, then they should go to prison.  End of story.

Didn't see a WaPo fact check on that inconvenient truth.

:thumbsup3:
The Republic is lost.