Author Topic: Jeff Sessions: No Reason to Doubt Roy Moore's Accusers  (Read 412 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Jeff Sessions: No Reason to Doubt Roy Moore's Accusers
« on: November 14, 2017, 04:52:49 pm »
Attorney General Jeff Sessions says he has “no reason to doubt” the women leveling allegations of sexual abuse against Senate candidate Roy Moore, who is running for Sessions’ old seat in Alabama.

https://www.facebook.com/cnnpolitics/videos/1881235941918230/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Jeff Sessions: No Reason to Doubt Roy Moore's Accusers
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 05:07:00 pm »
"No reason to doubt" is NOT the same as "I believe them".
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 05:11:23 pm »
"No reason to doubt" is NOT the same as "I believe them".

Yes it is.  What he's saying is, what they've asserted is true.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 05:19:08 pm »

The thing about Sessions which makes this bigger than some realize, is this is his district and his seat. He knows Moore more than anyone else coming out so far and has worked with him for decades. He knows the proverbial 'skeletons in the closet'.

This would have been the time to defend him along the lines of: "I know Moore, this is out of his nature, these attacks are political mud" or something like that. Instead, he takes the side of the accuser in a very measured way.

Very telling.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 05:20:52 pm »

Bullshit!!! 100% USDA Choice!  Grade A!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 05:21:58 pm »

The Moore accuser Leigh Corfman who says she was 14 when Moore assaulted her, is also known as a serial accuser and financial grifter. Not particularly credible.

Deb Wesson Gibson is a Dem party hacktivist who supports Moore's opponent and has spewed hate against Moore on her FB. Not particularly credible.

Wendy Miller claims that Moore asked her mother if he could date her while she was underage. Nothing more beyond the accusation. Not particularly credible.

Gloria Deason was 18 when they went out, but claims he bought her alcohol when she was 18 and the drinking age was 19. How convenient. Not particularly credible.

The latest accuser Beverly Young Nelson says she is a Trump supporter, but her voter registration is inactive. That already draws her testimony under suspiciion. Other parts of her story are in question.

The 'hanging around the mall' story is all second hand rumor. No one involved directly seems to cooberate.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 05:22:49 pm »
The thing about Sessions which makes this bigger than some realize, is this is his district and his seat. He knows Moore more than anyone else coming out so far and has worked with him for decades. He knows the proverbial 'skeletons in the closet'.

This would have been the time to defend him along the lines of: "I know Moore, this is out of his nature, these attacks are political mud" or something like that. Instead, he takes the side of the accuser in a very measured way.

Very telling.

THAT is also BS!  All Jeff sessions is saying here is that he has not looked into the matter and has no opinion on it one way or the other!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 05:29:54 pm »
I have more reason to doubt anything from Sessions.   His favor of expanding CAF  far and above constitutional limits disqualifies him from any courtesy of his opinion on anything that matters.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775