Author Topic: N Korea defector 'was shot five times'  (Read 457 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
N Korea defector 'was shot five times'
« on: November 14, 2017, 02:59:46 pm »
N Korea defector 'was shot five times'
The North Korean soldier is rushed on a stretcher into a hospital in Suwon, Gyeonggi Province, 13 November 2017 Image copyright EPA

A North Korean who defected at the heavily guarded Demilitarised Zone was shot at least five times and is in a critical condition, South Korea says.

The soldier crossed to the South Korean side of the Joint Security Area (JSA) in the village of Panmunjom on Monday.

He had driven near the JSA, but had to finish his journey by foot when a wheel came loose, the South said.

Read more at: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-41979423

The defector is alive but in critical condition. He was shot as he tried to flee NK.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: N Korea defector 'was shot five times'
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 02:25:23 pm »
An update on the defector’s condition.....

Doctors originally said the defector had been hit six times, but have now revised that down to four after determining that some of the wounds were caused when bullets exited his body.

"We're paying close attention to prevent possible complications," said Lee, who on Wednesday said "an enormous number of parasites" including roundworms had been found in the small intestine.

"I've never seen anything like this in my 20 years as a physician", he said, adding the longest worm he removed was 27 centimetres (11 inches).

Parasites, especially roundworms, are widespread in North Korea -- as they are in many developing countries -- where people eat uncooked vegetables that have been fertilised with human faeces, experts say.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-korean-soldier-stable-riddled-parasites-082859950.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 02:32:00 pm »
A spokesperson for the official DPRK media reported the wounds were self inflicted, the result of a fail suicide attempt.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 02:48:51 pm »
The defector is alive but in critical condition. He was shot as he tried to flee NK.

His family is probably already dead.   His kids, wife, mother, grand parents will all be shot or sent to the 'work' camps at the very least.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.