Author Topic: The One Thing That Finally Helped Me Stop Overeating After Decades of Yo-Yo Dieting  (Read 513 times)

rangerrebew

The One Thing That Finally Helped Me Stop Overeating After Decades of Yo-Yo Dieting

This lifelong dieter finally found body peace.
Selene Milano November 08, 2017

Let’s just say zen would not be the first word I’d use to describe myself. I fall more into the high-strung, nervous-about-everything camp. So mindfulness—a mental state achieved by focusing your awareness on the present moment—felt like a long shot for me. But living mindfully is having a major moment, billed as a cure-all for everything from anxiety to sleeplessness to obesity. At 42 and at my highest weight ever, I was willing to try anything.

Over the last two decades I rode our culture’s weight loss wave from Atkins to green juice detoxes. All to the same end: I was still fat. I finally got it that another diet was not the answer and made the decision to seek professional help. I started therapy with New York psychotherapist Alexis Conason, who specializes in mindful eating and body dissatisfaction.

http://www.health.com/weight-loss/mindful-eating-weight-loss
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 01:37:03 pm by rangerrebew »