Author Topic: Senate Democrats Slam Trump Admin Over Lack of Abortion Access for Illegal Immigrants  (Read 331 times)

rangerrebew

November 14, 2017
Senate Democrats Slam Trump Admin Over Lack of Abortion Access for Illegal Immigrants
Lauretta Brown
11/13/2017 5:30:00 PM - Lauretta Brown

A group of 16 Senate Democrats, led by Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA), wrote a letter Friday to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) acting secretary Eric Hargan, rebuking the Office of Refugee Resettlement’s (ORR) current practice of denying illegal unaccompanied minors in their care access to abortion, in light of the recent case before the D.C. Appeals Court.

The ACLU and abortion advocacy groups seized on the case of 17-year-old Jane Doe last month to argue that illegal immigrants have a "constitutional right" to abortion access. Officials with the Department of Health and Human Services declined to facilitate the teen's abortion and, following the initial ACLU lawsuit, the Department of Justice argued that it sets "a dangerous precedent by opening our borders to any illegal children seeking taxpayer-supported, elective abortions.”

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/laurettabrown/2017/11/13/senate-democrats-question-trump-admin-over-immigrant-abortion-access-n2408854

Offline andy58-in-nh

According to Democrats, foreigners who live illegally in the United States have a Constitutional right to free abortions paid for by American citizens, but American citizens do not have the right to free speech on college campuses, or to publicly defend themselves by force of arms against criminals.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I know I'm gonna get hammered for posting this, but...
... if illegal females in the United States want abortions, let's accommodate them.
That means fewer anchor babies to weigh us down in the years ahead.

Again, I know this goes 100% against the grain of the pro-life folks here.

But I'm neither pro-life nor pro-abortion.
I'm a pragmatist.
If you don't like it, that's too bad.