Author Topic: Sex Toy Company Apologizes After Vibrators Secretly Record Users  (Read 850 times)

Offline endicom

Sex Toy Company Apologizes After Vibrators Secretly Record Users
« on: November 14, 2017, 02:23:22 am »
Independent
Shebab Khan
Nov. 13, 2017

A sex toy company has apologised after it emerged that its accessories were secretly recording users.

Lovense blamed a "minor software bug" after users discovered its remote-controlled vibrator app was recording sound files and storing them on their phones.

The issue was first spotted on Reddit and a number of users came forward to say they had fallen victim to it.

More... http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/sex-toy-lovense-record-users-data-apology-secret-collection-a8053296.html

Remote-controlled vibrator app? Can't you get up to change the channel?

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Sex Toy Company Apologizes After Vibrators Secretly Record Users
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 05:26:35 am »
Independent
Shebab Khan
Nov. 13, 2017

A sex toy company has apologised after it emerged that its accessories were secretly recording users.

Lovense blamed a "minor software bug" after users discovered its remote-controlled vibrator app was recording sound files and storing them on their phones.

The issue was first spotted on Reddit and a number of users came forward to say they had fallen victim to it.

More... http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/sex-toy-lovense-record-users-data-apology-secret-collection-a8053296.html

Remote-controlled vibrator app? Can't you get up to change the channel?
I think the App let them program the vibrator to react to incoming calls, gives new meaning to "one ringy dingy" :tongue2:

Offline endicom

Re: Sex Toy Company Apologizes After Vibrators Secretly Record Users
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 12:22:59 pm »
I think the App let them program the vibrator to react to incoming calls, gives new meaning to "one ringy dingy" :tongue2:

"One freaky-deaky."

And a tongue emoji? Sheesh! ;)