Author Topic: Cruz, Cornyn withdraw endorsements of Alabama U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore  (Read 6529 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Cruz, Cornyn withdraw endorsements of Alabama U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore
« Reply #150 on: November 14, 2017, 08:06:07 pm »
I will jump in here..I could not let this statement pass with commenting..REALLY..the Wash Post and honorable organization...please!

That's right.

Offline roamer_1

Re: Cruz, Cornyn withdraw endorsements of Alabama U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore
« Reply #151 on: November 14, 2017, 08:08:34 pm »

Things are a-changin', Bigun.

Things never change. There is nothing new under the sun. Only mislead creatures bowing to sophistry, and running to their prophets with itching ears.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #152 on: November 14, 2017, 08:17:57 pm »
He's applying Amazon strategies to the newspaper business.

Yep, he’s selling a product, which is fine, news print is a product. But if he finds that his focus groups want more stories hating-on Trump and Republicans, that’s what we’ll get.

Problem though. The news gathering part is different, it’s enshrined in the first amendment as being an essential part of a nation of informed and free people. Slanted stories and omitted facts meant to shape opinion works against the spirit of the first amendment.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #153 on: November 15, 2017, 12:46:33 am »
It is pretty obvious he was wife shopping and he liked younger women. He did not
date 16 year olds as best I can tell. He married a 24 yo woman but might have gone out
with someone in their late teens (17/18/19). Prince Charles dated teenagers too. He
even married one. Where was the outrage then?

If in defense of Moore, you really have to stoop to invoking the machinations of the British Royal family to come up with a suitable, both “royal” and virginal, not to mention not horse faced, bride for Prince (Oh Camilla! I want to be your tampon.) Charles, I think you are not doing Moore any favors. 

And even as skeevy as ole Bonnie Prince Chuck was/is, I don’t think he was ever cruising malls and diners, hitting on teenage store clerks and waitresses. 

FWIW Dianna was 19 when 32-year-old Charles started “courting” her and she was 20 when they married, but then I would invite you to ask Dianna how well that all worked out for her.

Oh. That’s right, never mind, you can’t, she’s dead. 

And no, I do not think the Royal family had her murdered but I have little doubt that she would have probably lived a happier life and would like still be alive had she not been manipulated into believing the Prince was in love with her and that this was going to be like a fairy tale.  Dianna along with being painfully shy, was tragically naïve.  I also think Charles would have been saved a lot of heartache had he been allowed to marry Camilla, a woman of his same age.

“It is pretty obvious he was wife shopping and he liked younger women”.

So is wife shopping anything like car shopping? Does it involve looking under the hood, kicking the tires, questioning the odometer reading and taking her out for a test drive?

Or is it more like shopping for a brood mare – “she’s got straight teeth and wide birth’n hips”?

Seroiusly, with defenses like yours and the idiot who compared Moore and the 14-year-old to Mary and Joseph, who needs the Washington Post to impugn Moore.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline LMAO

« Reply #154 on: November 15, 2017, 02:39:33 am »
If in defense of Moore, you really have to stoop to invoking the machinations of the British Royal family to come up with a suitable, both “royal” and virginal, not to mention not horse faced, bride for Prince (Oh Camilla! I want to be your tampon.) Charles, I think you are not doing Moore any favors. 

And even as skeevy as ole Bonnie Prince Chuck was/is, I don’t think he was ever cruising malls and diners, hitting on teenage store clerks and waitresses. 

FWIW Dianna was 19 when 32-year-old Charles started “courting” her and she was 20 when they married, but then I would invite you to ask Dianna how well that all worked out for her.

Oh. That’s right, never mind, you can’t, she’s dead. 

And no, I do not think the Royal family had her murdered but I have little doubt that she would have probably lived a happier life and would like still be alive had she not been manipulated into believing the Prince was in love with her and that this was going to be like a fairy tale.  Dianna along with being painfully shy, was tragically naïve.  I also think Charles would have been saved a lot of heartache had he been allowed to marry Camilla, a woman of his same age.

“It is pretty obvious he was wife shopping and he liked younger women”.

So is wife shopping anything like car shopping? Does it involve looking under the hood, kicking the tires, questioning the odometer reading and taking her out for a test drive?

Or is it more like shopping for a brood mare – “she’s got straight teeth and wide birth’n hips”?

Seroiusly, with defenses like yours and the idiot who compared Moore and the 14-year-old to Mary and Joseph, who needs the Washington Post to impugn Moore.

:beer:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #155 on: November 15, 2017, 03:36:33 am »
So where’s the anger  9999hair out0000 at joe Biden who also fondles every female he gets close to?

What?  It all angers me.    I am equal opportunity anger over fondling.  Especially young girls.  But it may anger me even worse that I believed Roy Moore was a Christian who fought to keep the Ten Commandments at the Courthouse.  Now we are learning who Roy is.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #156 on: November 15, 2017, 02:49:35 pm »

Yep, he’s selling a product, which is fine, news print is a product. But if he finds that his focus groups want more stories hating-on Trump and Republicans, that’s what we’ll get.

If they were to fill the pages with any more anti-Trump anti-Republican stories they'd have go go bavk to printing a morning and evening edition.

Problem though. The news gathering part is different, it’s enshrined in the first amendment as being an essential part of a nation of informed and free people. Slanted stories and omitted facts meant to shape opinion works against the spirit of the first amendment.

And see here is where I'm more jaded about stuff like this.  The media has been doing this since our grandfathers had paper routes as kids.  I understand that's how they are going to operate from the get go and deal with them from there going forward.

I'm always surprised how many people just recently got keen to the reality that the major media outlets are heavily slanted in one direction and have been for probably 7+ decades.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 02:49:52 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #157 on: November 15, 2017, 02:50:36 pm »
Cruz is beginning to resemble a spineless jelly fish to me. I supported him when it was him vs. Trump.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #158 on: November 15, 2017, 02:57:20 pm »
Cruz is beginning to resemble a spineless jelly fish to me. I supported him when it was him vs. Trump.

It's either that or he's privy to details the media isn't about all of this *shrug*
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #159 on: November 15, 2017, 03:01:41 pm »

Always has, He goes along gets along till he gets an opening...

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #160 on: November 15, 2017, 03:04:31 pm »
It's either that or he's privy to details the media isn't about all of this *shrug*

So people from Washington DC somehow know more about this than people from Alabama that actually went out trying to verify these claims? 

Luther Strange's campaign tried and failed to confirm Roy Moore allegations

How would they get the inside dope when Luther Strange couldn't do it,  and he presumably has all sorts of supporters in these areas of Alabama?   

I have read that McConnell's people spent something like 30 million to get Strange elected,  and yet it didn't work.   If they had anything,  they would have put it out there then.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #161 on: November 15, 2017, 03:09:02 pm »

So people from Washington DC somehow know more about this than people from Alabama that actually went out trying to verify these claims? 

Luther Strange's campaign tried and failed to confirm Roy Moore allegations

How would they get the inside dope when Luther Strange couldn't do it,  and he presumably has all sorts of supporters in these areas of Alabama?   

I have read that McConnell's people spent something like 30 million to get Strange elected,  and yet it didn't work.   If they had anything,  they would have put it out there then.

It was just a theory.  Didn't say it was true or that I believed it.  I very much believe this is a dirty trick by McConnell and Strange.  It just goes to show how low McConnell and company will stoop to make sure "their guy" gets elected.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #162 on: November 15, 2017, 03:10:15 pm »
Contrary to Donald J. Trump, yes, the WAPO, the NYTimes are both honorable organizations.

Especially when compared to FOXNEWS, otherwise known as State TV.

You really are a progressive! I knew it, thanks for confirming that you are
a Marxist/Globalist/Progressive.

Silver Pines

« Reply #163 on: November 15, 2017, 03:13:30 pm »

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

I like Ted a lot, but if I’m not mistaken, this is the second time he has trailed behind Mike Lee on decisions of this kind.  It could be seen as weighing things carefully, or as calculation.

Either way, they’re all politicians.  I’m done putting any of them on pedestals.  I’d vote for Ted in a second, though.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #164 on: November 15, 2017, 03:23:38 pm »
It's pro-life to advocate killing the innocent families of terrorists.
It's pro-life to say there are "good people" in the white supremacist movement.
It's pro-life to break up families by deporting parents who've lived here for 30 years.

Yeah, he's pro-life all right.

Wow, you're radical progressive! You were never a conservative
you're the exact opposite.

War is hell and yes non-combatants are often targeted and killed.
IIRC Trump said both sides were at fault, which is exactly right.
What part of illegal alien do you not understand? Illegal is illegal.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #165 on: November 15, 2017, 03:55:14 pm »
If they were to fill the pages with any more anti-Trump anti-Republican stories they'd have go go bavk to printing a morning and evening edition.

And see here is where I'm more jaded about stuff like this.  The media has been doing this since our grandfathers had paper routes as kids.  I understand that's how they are going to operate from the get go and deal with them from there going forward.

I'm always surprised how many people just recently got keen to the reality that the major media outlets are heavily slanted in one direction and have been for probably 7+ decades.

I don’t think it’s ever been this pervasive in terms of sheer volume. It was much more subtle then and was sprinkled in among balanced and neutral reporting. Today major news outlets make no attempt at disguising it. The Media Research Center has data to back me up on this.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #166 on: November 15, 2017, 04:29:39 pm »
I don’t think it’s ever been this pervasive in terms of sheer volume. It was much more subtle then and was sprinkled in among balanced and neutral reporting. Today major news outlets make no attempt at disguising it. The Media Research Center has data to back me up on this.

I'm just thinking back to the entirety of WWII when the NY Times hid the Holocaust in the back pages until we began liberating the concentration camps.

Or the same newspaper covering up Stalin's starvation murder of over a million of his countrymen in Siberia in the 30's.

It's not so much that they were better at disguising it back then...IMHO they were still just as blatant...the difference is the fact we have more and varied sources and people don't have a limited range of media to get their info from.  The web and other news sources have just exposed their blatant bias when it comes to reporting.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #167 on: November 15, 2017, 05:42:06 pm »

That was my first thought and hopefully that is the case as I've been a huge Cruz supporter for a very long time.  Unfortunately, my second thought was that he is up for re-election in 2018 and he now is fully aware of what McConnell and cronies can do to unseat him and perhaps they have once again told him he needs to play ball.  I would like to think that he still refuses to give up his integrity.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #168 on: November 15, 2017, 05:49:13 pm »
More green cards,

Criticizing the white supremacists in Charlottesville, well after the event, say 10 days later.

And this,

There is nothing wrong with doing whatever might be necessary to please his constituency and that's what I think Cruz is doing.

Roy Moore, a Democrat until 1992, when these alleged things happened.

Silver Pines

« Reply #169 on: November 15, 2017, 05:56:20 pm »
More green cards,

Criticizing the white supremacists in Charlottesville, well after the event, say 10 days later.

And this,

There is nothing wrong with doing whatever might be necessary to please his constituency and that's what I think Cruz is doing.

Roy Moore, a Democrat until 1992, when these alleged things happened.

@TomSea   

Don’t get me wrong—-like you, I believe Ted Cruz is a good man, and that he’s principled.  I was musing out loud about his decision to withdraw support from Moore.  I just don’t think Washington is the place to look for role models.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #170 on: November 15, 2017, 06:03:14 pm »
Again, Moore allegedly did these things when he was a Democrat, '78ish until 1985.

You've got someone who doesn't deny that possibly some of his dates were teenagers and then, you have eyewitness, multiple eyewitnesses apparently, testimony that Moore was banned from Malls because he was cruising for teens, underage or over age, that is how it comes out simply as teens.

But now, Cruz is suppose to take some principled stand, "innocent until proven guilty" and the like? That could be the correct stance but I doubt if Cruz coming out against the guy is a big risk to take. Romney and Lee may have taken a bit of a risk by doing this so early.

Cruz even added the extra, if it can be proven, Moore should possibly face criminal charges.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 06:04:10 pm by TomSea »

Silver Pines

« Reply #171 on: November 15, 2017, 06:10:06 pm »
Again, Moore allegedly did these things when he was a Democrat, '78ish until 1985.

You've got someone who doesn't deny that possibly some of his dates were teenagers and then, you have eyewitness, multiple eyewitnesses apparently, testimony that Moore was banned from Malls because he was cruising for teens, underage or over age, that is how it comes out simply as teens.

But now, Cruz is suppose to take some principled stand, "innocent until proven guilty" and the like? That could be the correct stance but I doubt if Cruz coming out against the guy is a big risk to take. Romney and Lee may have taken a bit of a risk by doing this so early.

Cruz even added the extra, if it can be proven, Moore should possibly face criminal charges.

Rush was the one who said it happened when Moore was a Dem, right?

So switching parties magically redeems past actions.   Good to know.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #172 on: November 15, 2017, 06:22:26 pm »
Rush was the one who said it happened when Moore was a Dem, right?

This was one of those times that Rush should have just kept his mouth shut.

Silver Pines

« Reply #173 on: November 15, 2017, 08:05:46 pm »
This was one of those times that Rush should have just kept his mouth shut.

@txradioguy

Lol, I completely agree with you.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #174 on: November 15, 2017, 08:24:58 pm »
Rush Limbaugh: Roy Moore was a Democrat ‘when a lot of this was going on’
The Washington Times http://www.washingtontimes.com

Conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh argued during his program Tuesday that sexual misconduct is largely a liberal problem, noting that Alabama GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore was a Democrat when the allegations against him were supposed to have taken place.

“You know, there’s so much sexual harassment going on, so much of it surfacing now, and the vast majority of it is being done by Democrat guys — Harvey Weinstein, the Hollywood left,” Mr. Limbaugh said, according to a transcript. “Now, one of the reasons I think the [mainstream media] are so all over Roy Moore is ‘cause they finally got a Republican in this game they can report on. It has to have been tough. … Up until Judge Moore there haven’t been any Republican guys that have been in the crosshairs of all this sexual harassment and rape stuff, right?”

Earlier in the program Mr. Limbaugh pointed out that Mr. Moore used to be a Democrat. Indeed, the embattled Senate candidate switched to the Republican Party in the early 1990s before he was appointed to the circuit trial court bench in Etowah County in 1992.

Continued at: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/nov/15/rush-limbaugh-roy-moore-was-democrat-when-lot-was-/