Author Topic: Cruz, Cornyn withdraw endorsements of Alabama U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore  (Read 6752 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

The drip, drip is becoming an avalanche.  Moore needs to break out of this and now.

Here's a link to an article from another thread that's paints a disturbing  picture of Moore.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/locals-were-troubled-by-roy-moores-interactions-with-teen-girls-at-the-gadsden-mall

There isn't one person interviewed in that article that had first hand information on anything. It was all people who never saw Moore there who were working off of rumors from others that when contacted had nothing to say.

Silver Pines

Yes it does... That someone's daddy or brother didn't kick the living crap out of him back in the day certainly defies belief.

@roamer_1

I  posted that before reading what you said, lol.

What defies belief more?  That he didn’t get beaten, or that ALL of these people are lying? 

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
Cruz, Cornyn withdraw endorsements of Alabama U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore

By Abby Livingston and Claire Allbright
11/13/2017

WASHINGTON — Texas' two U.S. senators, John Cornyn and Ted Cruz, on Monday withdrew their support for Roy Moore, the embattled GOP nominee for Senate in Alabama.

Read more at:

https://www.texastribune.org/2017/11/13/john-cornyn-pulls-support-roy-moore-alabama-senate/
Moore was so unbelievable in his denials. I wanted to believe him, but come on. I didn't do it but it was 40 years ago and the mothers said it was OK? This guy was a Judge?
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline sinkspur

You've been posting smear articles on Moore all weekend.

It's not possible to Smear Roy Moore.

He believes transgenders have no rights, gays deserve death,  children should be taken away from their lesbian mothers, Muslims should not serve in Congress, and that Sharia Law is operative in Illinois and Indiana.  He has no respect for the Constitution or judicial authority and is a law unto himself, which is why he was booted off the Alabama Supreme Court TWICE.

Alabama Republicans like him because he's a finger in the eye to the rest of America.  Unfortunately for him, he's got to leave Alabama to be a US Senator and he is not going to be welcomed even by those in his own party.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Moore was so unbelievable in his denials. I wanted to believe him, but come on. I didn't do it but it was 40 years ago and the mothers said it was OK? This guy was a Judge?

I wanted to believe him to..I still do but I think we should cut our loses and get a new candidate in there so we don't lose that seat... I am hoping the Gov of Al postpones the election next month....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

There isn't one person interviewed in that article that had first hand information on anything. It was all people who never saw Moore there who were working off of rumors from others that when contacted had nothing to say.

I don't think it matters at this point.  Now it's just a pile on.  Moore either gets himself out from under this cloud or it will suffocate him. 

I hope he's got some strong PR folks.  Moore needs a strategy and quickly.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I don't think it matters at this point.  Now it's just a pile on.  Moore either gets himself out from under this cloud or it will suffocate him. 

I think it's too late...so far there are 6...are there more?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

I wanted to believe him to..I still do but I think we should cut our loses and get a new candidate in there so we don't lose that seat... I am hoping the Gov of Al postpones the election next month....

Does the governor have to call a special election? (I know less than nothing about AL law)  Or can the seat remain with the governor's appointment until the mid-terms?

I think it's too late...so far there are 6...are there more?

Hope springs eternal .... I want us to keep the darn seat.   

Offline sinkspur

Does the governor have to call a special election? (I know less than nothing about AL law)  Or can the seat remain with the governor's appointment until the mid-terms?

The governor has said there will be no postponement of the election.  If Moore withdraws, he could still win, since his name is on the ballot. 

Or Doug Jones wins.  And the GOP loses a seat until 2020.

Offline Frank Cannon

There's nothing you can do with this. Were dealing with stuff from 40 years ago that were never reported to the police. Gloria Allred can just keep parading broads out there, they get their 10 minutes of crying for the camaras and they are a hero to the Left until the next scandal.

Bottom line is that Moore is the candidate. He hasn't done anything illegal so he can't be arrested. The RINO's can't replace him on the ballot. If he wins, the Rinos can't keep him from doing his job. If he loses all of this scandal will disappear as fast as Herman Cains troubles did when he dropped out.

Online roamer_1

Look at the way these gap-toothed hicks are reacting in Alabama.  The girl's daddy likely would have kicked HER ass.  Roy was a DA back then, you know, and he threatened Nelson with that.

I ain't in Alabama, But I'm one of those gap-toothed hicks, and you are stone-dead wrong on that count. It's a blood libel against a family name. Every man-jack of em would be against him life-long.

A woman wouldn't keep it from her family, nor would her mother cover it up. Her daddy would find out, and so would her brothers. And uncles and her cousins.  They'd all be fixin to draw blood, and the law be damned.

And if you think the law has that kind of pull back up in the holler, you have another think coming.

Offline sinkspur

There's nothing you can do with this. Were dealing with stuff from 40 years ago that were never reported to the police. Gloria Allred can just keep parading broads out there, they get their 10 minutes of crying for the camaras and they are a hero to the Left until the next scandal.

Bottom line is that Moore is the candidate. He hasn't done anything illegal so he can't be arrested. The RINO's can't replace him on the ballot. If he wins, the Rinos can't keep him from doing his job. If he loses all of this scandal will disappear as fast as Herman Cains troubles did when he dropped out.

Actually, sexual assault is illegal.  But he can't be prosecuted because the statute of limitations has run its course. 

If Moore wins, he becomes the face of the Republican Party:  Grand Old Pederasts.  I'm sure you remember what effect the Mark Foley  scandal had on the Republican party in 2006:

They lost both Houses of Congress.

Offline sinkspur

I ain't in Alabama, But I'm one of those gap-toothed hicks, and you are stone-dead wrong on that count. It's a blood libel against a family name. Every man-jack of em would be against him life-long.

A woman wouldn't keep it from her family, nor would her mother cover it up. Her daddy would find out, and so would her brothers. And uncles and her cousins.  They'd all be fixin to draw blood, and the law be damned.

And if you think the law has that kind of pull back up in the holler, you have another think coming.

Are you mocking Alabamans?

These five women kept it from their families.  But, you're predisposed to believe Roy Moore, so believe him.

He would never go under oath to defend himself, and he will not answer questions from the press on these accusations. His defense is flimsy and his support is crumbling outside of Alabama.

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

I  posted that before reading what you said, lol.

What defies belief more?  That he didn’t get beaten, or that ALL of these people are lying?

The Lord hates a waggin tongue.

Offline Frank Cannon

Actually, sexual assault is illegal.  But he can't be prosecuted because the statute of limitations has run its course. 

Well then, it isn't illegal is it Deacon?

Offline sinkspur

Well then, it isn't illegal is it Deacon?

It's illegal but can't be prosecuted.

Offline DB

Moore says he "doesn't know of or where the restaurant is" where one of the incidents is claimed to have happened.

Now all that has to happened is witnesses coming forward that he frequented that restaurant and he's completely done.

Online roamer_1

Are you mocking Alabamans?

These five women kept it from their families.  But, you're predisposed to believe Roy Moore, so believe him.

He would never go under oath to defend himself, and he will not answer questions from the press on these accusations. His defense is flimsy and his support is crumbling outside of Alabama.

I'm not the one who called them gap-toothed hicks. Who was that, again?

It is PRECISELY that the women kept it secret and away from their families that makes it wholly unbelievable. That a mother wouldn't tell her old man, and that the old man would take no action.

Offline DB

It is PRECISELY that the women kept it secret and away from their families that makes it wholly unbelievable. That a mother wouldn't tell her old man, and that the old man would take no action.

Can't agree with you here at all. There are lots of reasons to say nothing. My guess is the only reason it is coming out now is because of the avalanche of allegations from people who feel empowered after the Harvey Weinstein/Hollywood melt down.

Offline sinkspur

Have you read any of the accounts from the Weinstein and Spacey accusers? 

If grown men and women won't come forward to confront their predators because of fear they won't be believed, how do you expect children to bring these actions forward? 

Online roamer_1

Can't agree with you here at all. There are lots of reasons to say nothing. My guess is the only reason it is coming out now is because of the avalanche of allegations from people who feel empowered after the Harvey Weinstein/Hollywood melt down.

Nope. I will differ from you most certainly. There are many reasons city folks would keep such a thing quiet. No reason at all in the country. Her family is her defense, not the law.

Now, it can be claimed that the town was more urbane, and that all these women were citified - but that don't track with speaking to their mammas to ask em out.

And it could be taken that all these women were from dysfunctional families, but sure enough, he'd have run into one, and believe me, one is all it would take.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Not sure this is a smear..Laura Ingrahm just mentioned this fact on her show

How did this assertion suddenly become a fact?   Someone said there was a name in that New Yorker article,   but I have yet to see it mentioned.   

Just who is saying these things?   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Cruz is a lawyer, it sounds like the statement I saw him write says there could be criminal prosecution. If one thinks he made a good move, then, Lee and Romney said this last Friday but never mind for the Cruz-worshipers, another thing he must have invented.

Cruz pulls support from Moore: Allegations merit ‘criminal prosecution’ if true
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/360205-cruz-pulls-support-from-roy-moore-allegations-merit-criminal-prosecution-if

Online roamer_1

Have you read any of the accounts from the Weinstein and Spacey accusers? 

If grown men and women won't come forward to confront their predators because of fear they won't be believed, how do you expect children to bring these actions forward?

Sure. City folks, and sin city.
You seem not to understand how deep and abiding familial ties are in the sticks.
A strong family is far more defensible than mere law.
And bruises are believed.
I bear witness to such events within my lifetime. More than once.