Author Topic: Cruz, Cornyn withdraw endorsements of Alabama U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore  (Read 3212 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Cruz, Cornyn withdraw endorsements of Alabama U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore
« Reply #150 on: November 14, 2017, 03:06:07 PM »
I will jump in here..I could not let this statement pass with commenting..REALLY..the Wash Post and honorable organization...please!

That's right.

Online roamer_1

Re: Cruz, Cornyn withdraw endorsements of Alabama U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore
« Reply #151 on: November 14, 2017, 03:08:34 PM »

Things are a-changin', Bigun.

Things never change. There is nothing new under the sun. Only mislead creatures bowing to sophistry, and running to their prophets with itching ears.

Online aligncare

« Reply #152 on: November 14, 2017, 03:17:57 PM »

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #153 on: November 14, 2017, 07:46:33 PM »
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline LMAO

« Reply #154 on: November 14, 2017, 09:39:33 PM »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online Chosen Daughter

• MAKE LAWS, DON'T BREAK LAWS!
« Reply #155 on: November 14, 2017, 10:36:33 PM »
U.S. Constitution
Article 4 Section 4

"The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence."

Declaration of Independence

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future s

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #156 on: November 15, 2017, 09:49:35 AM »
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 09:49:52 AM by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

« Reply #157 on: November 15, 2017, 09:50:36 AM »
Cruz is beginning to resemble a spineless jelly fish to me. I supported him when it was him vs. Trump.
Join the GopBriefingRoom Zello Room!

www.zello.com

Channel is politics.

You can download the app on your phone or PC. It's a push to talk chat app.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #158 on: November 15, 2017, 09:57:20 AM »
Cruz is beginning to resemble a spineless jelly fish to me. I supported him when it was him vs. Trump.

It's either that or he's privy to details the media isn't about all of this *shrug*
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #159 on: November 15, 2017, 10:01:41 AM »

Always has, He goes along gets along till he gets an opening...

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #160 on: November 15, 2017, 10:04:31 AM »
It's either that or he's privy to details the media isn't about all of this *shrug*

So people from Washington DC somehow know more about this than people from Alabama that actually went out trying to verify these claims? 

Luther Strange's campaign tried and failed to confirm Roy Moore allegations

How would they get the inside dope when Luther Strange couldn't do it,  and he presumably has all sorts of supporters in these areas of Alabama?   

I have read that McConnell's people spent something like 30 million to get Strange elected,  and yet it didn't work.   If they had anything,  they would have put it out there then.   

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #161 on: November 15, 2017, 10:09:02 AM »

So people from Washington DC somehow know more about this than people from Alabama that actually went out trying to verify these claims? 

Luther Strange's campaign tried and failed to confirm Roy Moore allegations

How would they get the inside dope when Luther Strange couldn't do it,  and he presumably has all sorts of supporters in these areas of Alabama?   

I have read that McConnell's people spent something like 30 million to get Strange elected,  and yet it didn't work.   If they had anything,  they would have put it out there then.

It was just a theory.  Didn't say it was true or that I believed it.  I very much believe this is a dirty trick by McConnell and Strange.  It just goes to show how low McConnell and company will stoop to make sure "their guy" gets elected.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #162 on: November 15, 2017, 10:10:15 AM »
Contrary to Donald J. Trump, yes, the WAPO, the NYTimes are both honorable organizations.

Especially when compared to FOXNEWS, otherwise known as State TV.

You really are a progressive! I knew it, thanks for confirming that you are
a Marxist/Globalist/Progressive.

Silver Pines

« Reply #163 on: November 15, 2017, 10:13:30 AM »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #164 on: November 15, 2017, 10:23:38 AM »
It's pro-life to advocate killing the innocent families of terrorists.
It's pro-life to say there are "good people" in the white supremacist movement.
It's pro-life to break up families by deporting parents who've lived here for 30 years.

Yeah, he's pro-life all right.

Wow, you're radical progressive! You were never a conservative
you're the exact opposite.

War is hell and yes non-combatants are often targeted and killed.
IIRC Trump said both sides were at fault, which is exactly right.
What part of illegal alien do you not understand? Illegal is illegal.

Online aligncare

« Reply #165 on: November 15, 2017, 10:55:14 AM »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #166 on: November 15, 2017, 11:29:39 AM »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #167 on: November 15, 2017, 12:42:06 PM »

That was my first thought and hopefully that is the case as I've been a huge Cruz supporter for a very long time.  Unfortunately, my second thought was that he is up for re-election in 2018 and he now is fully aware of what McConnell and cronies can do to unseat him and perhaps they have once again told him he needs to play ball.  I would like to think that he still refuses to give up his integrity.
"I believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey it laws; to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies." -William Page

Offline TomSea

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #168 on: November 15, 2017, 12:49:13 PM »
More green cards,

Criticizing the white supremacists in Charlottesville, well after the event, say 10 days later.

And this,

There is nothing wrong with doing whatever might be necessary to please his constituency and that's what I think Cruz is doing.

Roy Moore, a Democrat until 1992, when these alleged things happened.

Silver Pines

« Reply #169 on: November 15, 2017, 12:56:20 PM »

Offline TomSea

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #170 on: November 15, 2017, 01:03:14 PM »
Again, Moore allegedly did these things when he was a Democrat, '78ish until 1985.

You've got someone who doesn't deny that possibly some of his dates were teenagers and then, you have eyewitness, multiple eyewitnesses apparently, testimony that Moore was banned from Malls because he was cruising for teens, underage or over age, that is how it comes out simply as teens.

But now, Cruz is suppose to take some principled stand, "innocent until proven guilty" and the like? That could be the correct stance but I doubt if Cruz coming out against the guy is a big risk to take. Romney and Lee may have taken a bit of a risk by doing this so early.

Cruz even added the extra, if it can be proven, Moore should possibly face criminal charges.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 01:04:10 PM by TomSea »

Silver Pines

« Reply #171 on: November 15, 2017, 01:10:06 PM »
Again, Moore allegedly did these things when he was a Democrat, '78ish until 1985.

You've got someone who doesn't deny that possibly some of his dates were teenagers and then, you have eyewitness, multiple eyewitnesses apparently, testimony that Moore was banned from Malls because he was cruising for teens, underage or over age, that is how it comes out simply as teens.

But now, Cruz is suppose to take some principled stand, "innocent until proven guilty" and the like? That could be the correct stance but I doubt if Cruz coming out against the guy is a big risk to take. Romney and Lee may have taken a bit of a risk by doing this so early.

Cruz even added the extra, if it can be proven, Moore should possibly face criminal charges.

Rush was the one who said it happened when Moore was a Dem, right?

So switching parties magically redeems past actions.   Good to know.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #172 on: November 15, 2017, 01:22:26 PM »
Rush was the one who said it happened when Moore was a Dem, right?

This was one of those times that Rush should have just kept his mouth shut.

Silver Pines

« Reply #173 on: November 15, 2017, 03:05:46 PM »
This was one of those times that Rush should have just kept his mouth shut.

@txradioguy

Lol, I completely agree with you.

Offline TomSea

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #174 on: November 15, 2017, 03:24:58 PM »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf