Author Topic: Meet Roy Moore Accuser, Beverly Young Nelson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know  (Read 27834 times)

Offline RetBobbyMI

Re: Meet Roy Moore Accuser, Beverly Young Nelson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2017, 01:00:59 pm »
Well...according to "Wikipedia" approximately 30 women have come forward against him.  That is pretty overwhelming.  Though noted, "Wikipedia" is stating that a better source is needed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Moore
Anyone can change what is in Wikipedia so I wouldn’t put it up as a legit reference.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline jpsb

« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2017, 01:25:08 pm »
You're kidding.  It's identical. 

You're not defending Roy Moore, are you?  You believe his lame-assed response over these five women?

Remind me again of how many women falsely accused Herman Cain? And how
many falsely accused Donald Trump? This is SOP for the uniparty.

Silver Pines

« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2017, 01:31:45 pm »
They're just now saying that?

@Hoodat

Late last night.  But now....I’ve been checking various conservative Twitter sources on my phone, and I’m going to have to backtrack through them.  The campaign says Moore was not a DA and never signed anything personal as the DA, but a check revealed those claims aren’t true.

I’ll grab a screenshot of that post on my laptop and post it.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2017, 01:34:42 pm »
@Hoodat

Late last night.  But now....I’ve been checking various conservative Twitter sources on my phone, and I’m going to have to backtrack through them.  The campaign says Moore was not a DA and never signed anything personal as the DA, but a check revealed those claims aren’t true.

I’ll grab a screenshot of that post on my laptop and post it.

Wow! You have evidence from Twit? Well then......who cares.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2017, 01:37:40 pm »
Remind me again of how many women falsely accused Herman Cain? And how
many falsely accused Donald Trump? This is SOP for the uniparty.

These don't appear to be false accusations.   The time is short to save this seat.  Establishment Republicans aren't the only voice in this chorus -  the most respected names in conservatism agree - Moore must step down.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2017, 01:39:56 pm »
Has anyone else checked out this Old Hickory House place? If it h been around some 40 years, you’d think there would be a lot of reviews. But try to find any.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2017, 01:40:20 pm »
Once again, the voters have selected a Social Conservative to hand over a Senate seat to the Dems.
Moore is arrogant, and should never have been slinging stones in his glass house -- there's a reason Jesus talked about casting the first stone.

He might have done nothing illegal.  Heck, the 14-year-old might have lied about her age, and stretched the situation.  But his admission of dating proclivities is just enough to sow doubt without answering questions.

Just thing of qhat a few more GOP seats coukd hsve accomplished, even if not strongly conservative.  Could we have a moratorium on SoCon nutbags, please?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2017, 01:43:42 pm »
These don't appear to be false accusations.   

Actually yes they do. None of these accusers took things forward with any seriousness after either A) the candidate dropped out or B) the candidate won.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2017, 01:45:18 pm »
Once again, the voters have selected a Social Conservative to hand over a Senate seat to the Dems.
Moore is arrogant, and should never have been slinging stones in his glass house -- there's a reason Jesus talked about casting the first stone.

He might have done nothing illegal.  Heck, the 14-year-old might have lied about her age, and stretched the situation.  But his admission of dating proclivities is just enough to sow doubt without answering questions.

Just thing of qhat a few more GOP seats coukd hsve accomplished, even if not strongly conservative.  Could we have a moratorium on SoCon nutbags, please?
Spoken like a true RINO!

Offline jpsb

« Reply #134 on: November 14, 2017, 01:46:40 pm »
These don't appear to be false accusations.   The time is short to save this seat.  Establishment Republicans aren't the only voice in this chorus -  the most respected names in conservatism agree - Moore must step down.

If I recall correctly Gloria Alfred represented the Trump accusers too. Anyone
else see a pattern here?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2017, 01:47:04 pm »

Right. We need more of your style people running like Jeff Flake, John McCain, Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, Lisa Murkowski, Susan Collins, Charlie Dent, Eric Cantor who don't bother with social issues and stick to the serious matter of reaching across the aisle and getting important business done.

Excellent point.

Silver Pines

« Reply #136 on: November 14, 2017, 01:48:15 pm »
That depends on whether or not you find that account credible. oh and the truth, however you find her story.

You have convicted him. Judge, jury, and executioner. We have no need of judge, jury, or Constitution.

Trial by combat! Tabloids at twenty paces!

If he did, it is unconscionable, despite that she might have told him she was older--and looked it.

If not, her tongue should be cut out.

@Smokin Joe

Well, as I noted over and over on the Fight Club thread, and which I’m sure you saw, I wasn’t sure at the time.  It looked that way to me.  But now, after all of this from people n Alabama?  A cop saying he was banned from the mall for harassing teenaged girls?  Heck yeah, I think he’s guilty.

And it’s fine for me to think so.  I’m not “convicting” him and there IS no need for a judge or jury—-he isn’t on trial.  Politicians are tried in the court of public opinion. 

This guy’s life isn’t going to be ruined by denying him higher office. 

So if he’s guilty, she might have been partially to blame, because men in their thirties cruise malls for kids all the time.   But if not, cut out her tongue.  I’m thinking another body part would be more suitable for removal, and it isn’t hers.

Offline jpsb

Silver Pines

« Reply #138 on: November 14, 2017, 01:54:54 pm »
Has anyone else checked out this Old Hickory House place? If it h been around some 40 years, you’d think there would be a lot of reviews. But try to find any.

@RetBobbyMI

Looks like there are a few at Mapquest and Facebook, but it’s a little confusing because there are restaurants with the same name in NC and GA.   

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #139 on: November 14, 2017, 02:03:57 pm »
 888high58888
Right. We need more of your style people running like Jeff Flake, John McCain, Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, Lisa Murkowski, Susan Collins, Charlie Dent, Eric Cantor who don't bother with social issues and stick to the serious matter of reaching across the aisle and getting important business done.

Excellent point.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #140 on: November 14, 2017, 02:09:10 pm »

:amen:
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #141 on: November 14, 2017, 02:23:32 pm »
Spoken like a true RINO!

Then let me add -- "In their place, let's put forth constitutional conservatives!"
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Hoodat

« Reply #142 on: November 14, 2017, 02:25:01 pm »
Then let me add -- "In their place, let's put forth constitutional conservatives!"

Like Mo Brooks.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #143 on: November 14, 2017, 02:29:32 pm »
Like Mo Brooks.

No. Like Foster Brooks.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #144 on: November 14, 2017, 02:34:19 pm »
You're not defending Roy Moore, are you?  You believe his lame-assed response over these five women?

@sinkspur

Damned right I'm defending him and find it very odd that you only show up around here when you think there is another republican candidate you can help tear down!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 02:35:03 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Silver Pines

« Reply #145 on: November 14, 2017, 02:37:06 pm »
Clinton had a reputation and a lot of rumors and whispers of his sordid behavior that was serial in nature.

And, their stories had weight, merit and legit corroboration far beyond what I'm reading with Moore. 

Gloria Allred was not exactly representing either Jones or Broderick either and the medi a nearly destroyed them both.  In this case - the media is lofting the accusers up as hapless victims of a serial rapist.

I don't buy it.  Not for a second.  This is a political witch hunt, designed to make sure no one takes that seat that might not do what the Oligarchy wants.

@INVAR

Moore had a reputation, too. 

To believe that all of these people are lying strains credulity.

I’m sorry you allow partisanship to color your objectivity. 

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #146 on: November 14, 2017, 02:40:29 pm »
The media has been hammering the "Fake News" narrative for so long, people have started to believe there is Fake News. I think that is why Moore isn't being hurt as much. This whole scenario sounds like it could be "fake".
Countdown to Resignation

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #147 on: November 14, 2017, 02:43:03 pm »
@INVAR

All two of them?   No,   that doesn't strain credulity very much.    So far there are three that claim he merely hugged and kissed them,   making this behavior the more likely to be accurate. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Hoodat

« Reply #148 on: November 14, 2017, 02:51:02 pm »
No. Like Foster Brooks.

Just what we need.  Someone who drinks like a Kennedy.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #149 on: November 14, 2017, 02:58:04 pm »

Yes, that suddenly and miraculously appeared within the last two weeks after Moore was double-digits ahead of the Democrat and was all but assured of winning and being seated as AL Senator.

To believe that these people are telling the truth in an 11th hour sudden avalanche of unprovable allegations is what strains credulity.

I’m sorry you allow partisanship to color your objectivity.

It has nothing to do with Partisanship because I am not a Republican and would like nothing better for that party to go the way of the Whigs.

I'm more interested in the mechanics of corruption and the politics of personal destruction upon a person whom threatens what the Oligarchy wanted.

McConnell and McCain were both out of the gate within hours of the first allegation's publication with the demand Moore 'step aside'.  Followed by Grahamnesty demanding the same after he just got back from going to court to contend with a judge to exonerate Democrat Bob Menendez from underage criminal sex abuse and corruption charges.

I believe the Oligarchy wanted Strange, and that the people of Alabama gave them the finger and chose Moore was unacceptable (as Corker himself stated that voting for Moore as their nominee was 'A Bridge Too Far), and this is the "Deep State's" response in telling the people of Alabama that they will choose their rulers for them, and push for the Democrat to have the seat if needs be.

I'll believe Moore before I'm going to believe the media, the Republican Party leadership, Gloria Allred and character-challenged accusers with ties to the Democrat party.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775