Author Topic: Meet Roy Moore Accuser, Beverly Young Nelson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know  (Read 27894 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Meet Roy Moore Accuser, Beverly Young Nelson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
« Reply #300 on: November 15, 2017, 04:24:48 am »
@Smokin Joe

Well, if you get banned from the local Walmart for creeping after young girls, that kind of tells you something.

Honestly, it's blowing me away that people think all of these people are lying and Moore is telling the truth.  Dismissing everything that's come out and calling it nothing...it's inexplicable to me.
My point is that the local Walmart is the big store around here. There is no Mall. If they had a Mall, that was not only the place to shop, but where there were people, where people met and talked. It's a dry county, or was then, no sports bar to go to (there were only a few in that era), the women his age were home with their husbands or working on their cat collection. Aside from church socials, not many places to meet people, and very few left in his age group--pardon the expression, but rejects, retreads, and the town pump, and maybe a rare few worthwhile candidates, but meeting them becomes the challenge.

According to whom was he banned from the shopping mall in town? How has that assertion been confirmed?
Maybe he was checking out the grannies? Maybe he was shopping. What mall was he supposedly banned from and by whom?

Everything bad said about the guy has you up at arms as if it had been delivered on gold sheets by Angels from Heaven. What I don't get is that you are so pathologically willing to throw him to the wolves when there is obvious motive for the Democrats to pump a bunch of spurious allegations up for political purposes, and the damned GOP would play right along. Yet we have a potus who married a woman 24 years his junior, and this man's wife is 14 years his junior, and that just wasn't that uncommon there and then, especially for guys who had been in the Service and/or attended college to marry a younger woman. 

You also keep slinging around "under-aged" as if that applies to under 21. NO. In Alabama the age of consent is 16, was 16, and only two are alleging any sexual contact (beyond a kiss, which can be anything from steamy to sterile--grandmas give them), one of which was 16, the other claimed to be younger.
The more I see this story repeated, the more there are supposed to be 'speaking out', but it's still the two at this point and one of them presented "evidence" which has a couple of problems with it. Two colors of ink. Two different styles of sevens. Signed a yearbook in December? "Ray" mentioned in the presser--until Gloria corrected her. Vivid, detailed, recollections but she got his name wrong? Meh. full of holes and unnamed sources.

The other coming up with a graphic description of some hanky-panky which reads like the warmup paragraphs in a letter to Penthouse Forum, in an undisclosed remote location that hasn't been tied to Moore at all?

And the timing...

This just does not have the honest and solid ring of truth to it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #301 on: November 15, 2017, 04:33:31 am »
My point is that the local Walmart is the big store around here. There is no Mall. If they had a Mall, that was not only the place to shop, but where there were people, where people met and talked. It's a dry county, or was then, no sports bar to go to (there were only a few in that era), the women his age were home with their husbands or working on their cat collection. Aside from church socials, not many places to meet people, and very few left in his age group--pardon the expression, but rejects, retreads, and the town pump, and maybe a rare few worthwhile candidates, but meeting them becomes the challenge.

According to whom was he banned from the shopping mall in town? How has that assertion been confirmed?
Maybe he was checking out the grannies? Maybe he was shopping. What mall was he supposedly banned from and by whom?

Everything bad said about the guy has you up at arms as if it had been delivered on gold sheets by Angels from Heaven. What I don't get is that you are so pathologically willing to throw him to the wolves when there is obvious motive for the Democrats to pump a bunch of spurious allegations up for political purposes, and the damned GOP would play right along. Yet we have a potus who married a woman 24 years his junior, and this man's wife is 14 years his junior, and that just wasn't that uncommon there and then, especially for guys who had been in the Service and/or attended college to marry a younger woman. 

You also keep slinging around "under-aged" as if that applies to under 21. NO. In Alabama the age of consent is 16, was 16, and only two are alleging any sexual contact (beyond a kiss, which can be anything from steamy to sterile--grandmas give them), one of which was 16, the other claimed to be younger.
The more I see this story repeated, the more there are supposed to be 'speaking out', but it's still the two at this point and one of them presented "evidence" which has a couple of problems with it. Two colors of ink. Two different styles of sevens. Signed a yearbook in December? "Ray" mentioned in the presser--until Gloria corrected her. Vivid, detailed, recollections but she got his name wrong? Meh. full of holes and unnamed sources.

The other coming up with a graphic description of some hanky-panky which reads like the warmup paragraphs in a letter to Penthouse Forum, in an undisclosed remote location that hasn't been tied to Moore at all?

And the timing...

Minds are made up Joe.  It doesn't matter any more at this point.  Arguing about it is just solidifying all our staked positions. 

That said, I find the pattern and the behaviors simply amazing to behold in terms of how fast the civil society is unravelling and how quickly we are diving into despotism.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Silver Pines

« Reply #302 on: November 15, 2017, 12:36:58 pm »
   I'm not sure about anything @Right_in_Virginia except my Rockets just lost for the third time this year, to Ted Cruz's team~Toronto.

@corbe

The Zodiac’s influence is far-reaching.

Silver Pines

« Reply #303 on: November 15, 2017, 12:39:20 pm »
The something he has worked for is a career in public service and a good reputation as an honorable man. And I can apply a higher standard than shesaidhesaid whipped up at a politically opportune moment (to attack him) with two-toned alleged signatures with numbers made differently.

Proof, my ass.

This isn't some Hollywood sleazebag y'all are discussing, here. If you believe he is a "predator" and a "creep", you have convicted him in your own mind.

@ Smokin Joe

“Proof my ass” —-one of my points.

Looks like even Hannity is ready to “convict” him now.

Silver Pines

« Reply #304 on: November 15, 2017, 12:45:41 pm »

I believe CatherineofAragon has been trying pretty hard to get the number up to 30.   

@DiogenesLamp

Well, no, but I totally get that you’re reduced to lying at this point.  What else have you got.

It’s not two women.  It’s five.  We don’t do alternate facts.

When you take into account all of the people who have come forth to corroborate the claims or to state what they know about Moore, it’s probably more than thirty.

Silver Pines

« Reply #305 on: November 15, 2017, 12:47:43 pm »

And the timing...

@Smokin Joe

Yes, Joe.  He was checking out the grannies. 

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #306 on: November 15, 2017, 12:58:46 pm »
@ Smokin Joe

“Proof my ass” —-one of my points.

Looks like even Hannity is ready to “convict” him now.
I don't care what Hannity thinks.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #307 on: November 15, 2017, 01:02:37 pm »
@DiogenesLamp

Well, no, but I totally get that you’re reduced to lying at this point.  What else have you got.

When you take into account all of the people who have come forth to corroborate the claims or to state what they know about Moore, it’s probably more than thirty.
Who are the other three who allege he did anything to them below the age of 16 or without their consent?  Sixteen is the age of consent in Alabama, older is NOT "underage", legally. The other three said there was nothing sexual.

So if you are going to keep repeating the "five" thingy, kindly humor me and list them.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #308 on: November 15, 2017, 01:39:48 pm »
Minds are made up Joe.

Not mine.  It remains open, waiting for more evidence to be introduced.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #309 on: November 15, 2017, 01:42:36 pm »
Who are the other three who allege he did anything to them below the age of 16 or without their consent?  Sixteen is the age of consent in Alabama, older is NOT "underage", legally. The other three said there was nothing sexual.

So if you are going to keep repeating the "five" thingy, kindly humor me and list them.

The other three corroborate Moore's pattern of hitting on young girls.  Remember this isn't about a criminal charge, but the pattern of creepy behavior.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Silver Pines

« Reply #310 on: November 15, 2017, 01:51:25 pm »

@Smokin Joe

I’m not going to do your own research for you when it’s a simple fact that’s all over the internet.  I don’t see how you could not know it.  Besides, you’ve dismissed all of the information we have so far; you’ll dismiss it again when I post it.  Waste of my time.  And don’t get your back up because I don’t mean that in a nasty way.  It’s just how it is.

Personally, I think Moore will win his race.  He’ll probably run for president.  Remember last year, when some of us said God was turning away and giving us what we wanted in Trump?

Well, I hope you didn’t expect it would get better.  We’re rolling on downhill. 

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #311 on: November 15, 2017, 01:57:28 pm »
Not mine.  It remains open, waiting for more any evidence to be introduced.

fixed.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #312 on: November 15, 2017, 01:59:00 pm »
The other three corroborate Moore's pattern of hitting on young girls.  Remember this isn't about a criminal charge, but the pattern of creepy behavior.

Puh-leeze, @Jazzhead ... these aren't "young girls" at 17.  A 5-year-old is a young girl, and there's no evidence he was a pedophile.  You're usually very careful with words; I urge the same here.

These young ladies were all of legal age except the one alleging an encounter at 14. 

I don't hold him guilty on an allegation, and it's horrific trying to prove your innocence, and this was 4 decades ago, so I'm bit ready to convict him.  I also think that an honorable older man can match well with a young lady.  The other question are whether his behavior shows poor judgment, and whether the assault alleges are credible.

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #313 on: November 15, 2017, 02:01:54 pm »

I don't get to vote in Alabama but I hope and pray that the good people there will see through all this and elect Roy Moore to the U.S. Senate!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #314 on: November 15, 2017, 02:29:33 pm »
@DiogenesLamp

It is no lie that you gleefully prance in here with any derogatory claims you can find against Moore,  Constantly try to inflate the number to five  when you aren't trying to inflate it to 30,   and at every turn deny him the benefit of the doubt.   

And this is another example of deception.   Only two have accused him of sexual impropriety,  but you keep claiming Five,  because in your opinion a 32 year old should not date a teenager,  and so you put the act of "dating"  (and being a gentleman about it)   into the category of "sexual perv."    Well I,  and I think others do not agree with you about this,  but you of course will state your opinion as an absolute fundamental truth and ignore what anyone else thinks on the subject.   

When you take into account all of the people who have come forth to corroborate the claims

Corroborate them?  Were they there?  Or are they just repeating what they were told,  otherwise known as "hearsay"?    So far as I can tell,  no one has "corroborated"  anything,   they have simply repeated accusations that they have heard.   In fact,  if the women are to be believed,   it is not possible for anyone to "corroborate" their story,   because they claim to have been alone with Moore at the time. 

or to state what they know about Moore, it’s probably more than thirty.

I knew you would get there in the end.   It's good to see you "corroborate"  my claim about this. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #315 on: November 15, 2017, 02:33:24 pm »

It is no lie that you gleefully prance in here with any derogatory claims you can find against Moore,  Constantly try to inflate the number to five  when you aren't trying to inflate it to 30,   and at every turn deny him the benefit of the doubt.   

And this is another example of deception.   Only two have accused him of sexual impropriety,  but you keep claiming Five,  because in your opinion a 32 year old should not date a teenager,  and so you put the act of "dating"  (and being a gentleman about it)   into the category of "sexual perv."    Well I,  and I think others do not agree with you about this,  but you of course will state your opinion as an absolute fundamental truth and ignore what anyone else thinks on the subject.   

Corroborate them?  Were they there?  Or are they just repeating what they were told,  otherwise known as "hearsay"?    So far as I can tell,  no one has "corroborated"  anything,   they have simply repeated accusations that they have heard.   In fact,  if the women are to be believed,   it is not possible for anyone to "corroborate" their story,   because they claim to have been alone with Moore at the time. 

I knew you would get there in the end.   It's good to see you "corroborate"  my claim about this.

I'll bet if it was known in the primary race with Strange, Moore and Brooks, that Moore while 30 and over, doesn't deny that he may have dated teenage girls, he would not have won.

People are getting too charged up saying "well, there isn't viable proof" that he sexually assaulted these girls but this other alone would be a big negative in other people's minds.  He probably would not have won.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #316 on: November 15, 2017, 02:37:17 pm »

It's not about a criminal charge?    Well no it isn't,  because any statute of limitations would have expired long ago.   It's about an ACCUSATION of a criminal charge,   that apparently wasn't so severe that anyone making these accusations thought it needed to be adjudicated in the last four decades.   

Without these accusations of criminal behavior,   the "Moore is creepy because he dated teenagers when he was 32"  doesn't amount to much.    If the Washington Post had left out the woman claiming to have been 14,  people would have ignored their story altogether.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #317 on: November 15, 2017, 02:38:43 pm »

Same here.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #318 on: November 15, 2017, 02:44:02 pm »
The other three corroborate Moore's pattern of hitting on young girls.

What other three? Where are they?  Who are they?

Remember this isn't about a criminal charge, but the pattern of creepy behavior.

No this kind of Democrat and now it would appear GOPe BS goes all the way back to when it was claimed that Bush 41 was whisked to Paris on an SR-71 Blackbird to secretly negotiate with the Iranians to not release the hostages until Reagan was elected.

There was even a congressional investigation into the original "October Surprise".

That's where the famous line about "The nature of the evidence is irrelevant; it’s the seriousness of the charge that matters."

You simply need to make a harsh, totally unfounded charge, and that’s reason enough to investigate.

Until something credible as far as evidence pops up...this is what's going on now with Judge Moore.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #319 on: November 15, 2017, 02:44:36 pm »
I'll bet if it was known in the primary race with Strange, Moore and Brooks, that Moore while 30 and over, doesn't deny that he may have dated teenage girls, he would not have won.

I think without the accusation of molesting a 14 year old,   the people of Alabama would not a sh*t give about the accusation of his dating teenagers 40 years ago.   

Had that been the only claim made,   I would have said:  "Well good for him!"   

When 38 year old Jerry Seinfeld was dating his 17 year old girl friend,   all the same media people now being aghast at the lesser age difference between Moore and these women at the time,   all thought it was "cute"  when Jerry did it.   

People are getting too charged up saying "well, there isn't viable proof" that he sexually assaulted these girls but this other alone would be a big negative in other people's minds.  He probably would not have won.

I don't think it would have made a difference if three women came out to say that "Moore dated me as a teenager and he was a gentleman about it."   

It is only the sensationalist accusation that even makes this issue noteworthy. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline jpsb

« Reply #320 on: November 15, 2017, 03:02:01 pm »

Well he did win so now the choice is Moore or a baby killing radical progressive.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #321 on: November 15, 2017, 03:32:43 pm »
Well he did win so now the choice is Moore or a baby killing radical progressive.

It is a damn shame that Moore has forced Alabama voters into having to make such a choice.   If Moore cares at all about the values he espouses, he'll step down before the weekend.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #322 on: November 15, 2017, 03:34:42 pm »

Didn't bother the Never Trumpers who are about half the people defending Moore.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #323 on: November 15, 2017, 03:35:07 pm »
It is a damn shame that Moore has forced Alabama voters into having to make such a choice.   If Moore cares at all about the values he espouses, he'll step down before the weekend.
Maybe if he did the things being alleged. But not if he is being falsely accused.
Never give in if you are innocent.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 03:35:35 pm by jpsb »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #324 on: November 15, 2017, 03:43:43 pm »
Didn't bother the Never Trumpers who are about half the people defending Moore.

I am and always have been an issues person. I support Trump because I like the
policies he campaigned on. Especially immigration. Moore is a SoCo, on most
social issues I lean libertarian. But I do not like to see a man smeared by accusations
from 40 years ago with not one sherd of hard evidence. That offenses my sense of
fairness. Also I am pretty sure Moores opponent will oppose Trumps' agenda but
Moore won't. So for me its' an easy choice. Go Roy Moore. Plus I just love sticking
it to the GOPe.