Author Topic: Meet Roy Moore Accuser, Beverly Young Nelson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know  (Read 27888 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Meet Roy Moore Accuser, Beverly Young Nelson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
« Reply #225 on: November 14, 2017, 05:19:40 pm »
The "dirt" on Moore that they found was that TWICE he refused to follow a ruling from an Appeals Court or the Supreme Court.  In other words, he disobeyed the law.  And for that he was booted off the Alabama Supreme Court.

That alone should have been enough to vote against Moore.  But, Alabama...........

I know, those stupid rednecks are too stupid to be trusted to vote.

The Oligarchy should choose their rulers for them shouldn't they?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #226 on: November 14, 2017, 05:20:37 pm »
Not exactly. It would be illogical to believe all of them unless you had some kind of proof that something happened. You may believe there is a possibility that their accounts are credible. The question is "Have you seen enough evidence to eliminate a candidate based on something that happened 40 years ago?".

The rape story sounds a little far-fetched considering it was wrapped in a partisan political wrapper. And these are convenient story-lines considering the current narrative today. We certainly elected Bill Clinton twice with a lot more evidence and the accounts were more recent. We could eliminate every Republican using these accounts. All the Dems have to do is generate them and we fling people under the bus. 

There are plenty of reasons to not support Roy Moore.

Guess I'm not following.  There was no rape accusation.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #227 on: November 14, 2017, 05:21:38 pm »
Moore's leverage was he was a DA and an adult who told one of the women "Nobody will believe you."

Deputy DA, Deputy DA and if his coworkers knew of this behavior as stated, maybe they would have prosecuted.

I've got to hear what these people from the mall actually said.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #228 on: November 14, 2017, 05:21:52 pm »
I know, those stupid rednecks are too stupid to be trusted to vote.

The Oligarchy should choose their rulers for them shouldn't they?

They're pretty damned stupid, yes.  Voting for a lawbreaker is not something I would do.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #229 on: November 14, 2017, 05:21:58 pm »
Yes.

Five women, none of whom know each other, all with stories about Moore slagging on them as teenagers.  They're all lying.

And five women who waited 40 years to say this.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #230 on: November 14, 2017, 05:23:19 pm »
Deputy DA, Deputy DA and if his coworkers knew of this behavior as stated, maybe they would have prosecuted.

I've got to hear what these people from the mall actually said.

Quibbling.

But his coworkers didn't know of this behavior, did they? 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #231 on: November 14, 2017, 05:23:46 pm »
There is no time. The ballots are already printed. That's why the WaPo waited until now to drop the story.

Your solution is a non-solution. We're stuck with Moore at this point.

Not true.  This is a special election.   The governor can move to postpone it,  on the basis of there being no GOP nominee.   

Now I understand that Alabama's governor has said she will not act.  That makes sense, and is to be expected,  while Moore is still in the race.   She can't fail to back the nominee.   But if Moore steps down,  the way will be clear to postpone a special election where the majority party has no nominee. 

That's why so many are demanding that Moore step down now, while there's still time.   The charges were meticulously researched and corroborated,  and Moore himself has been dissembling in denying/not denying him.   This isn't the crap they flung at Cruz in the National Enquirer.   This is credible and creepy stuff.   

Moore wants to play the martyr,  and there are some who'll stick by him on the basis of he may be a perv, but he's our perv.   But real social conservatives and men of Christ - like our own @driftdiver - know the man's a scumbag and needs to go.   Real social conservatives and men of Christ won't defend the indefensible.   Why?  Because ultimately their own credibility and sincerity is at stake.   

Me?   Sure, I'm biased - everyone knows I'm no social conservative and can't stand the man.   But this is one of those situations where rejecting this hypocrite is simply the right thing to do -  for Republicans and Christians of ALL stripes.       
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 05:25:51 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #232 on: November 14, 2017, 05:24:03 pm »
@DiogenesLamp

You’re ignorant of the issues women deal with after being victimized as Moore victimized those girls, especially at such a young age, so I’ll let you blame the kids for being leched after. 

There’s a moral issue with Moore’s behavior now, though.  If this is all true, he is still denying everything, in effect saying all of these people are liars, while he’s the one doing the lying.  That’s a man with no character. 

I really wonder what would have happened if he had come clean to his voters and thrown himself on their mercy.  Things might look very different right now.

The Moore accuser Leigh Corfman who says she was 14 when Moore assaulted her, is also known as a serial accuser and financial grifter. Not particularly credible.

Deb Wesson Gibson is a Dem party hacktivist who supports Moore's opponent and has spewed hate against Moore on her FB. Not particularly credible.

Wendy Miller claims that Moore asked her mother if he could date her while she was underage. Nothing more beyond the accusation. Not particularly credible.

Gloria Deason was 18 when they went out, but claims he bought her alcohol when she was 18 and the drinking age was 19. How convenient. Not particularly credible.

The latest accuser Beverly Young Nelson says she is a Trump supporter, but her voter registration is inactive. That already draws her testimony under suspecion. Other parts of her story are in question.

The 'hanging around the mall' story is all second hand rumor. No one involved directly seems to cooberate.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #233 on: November 14, 2017, 05:24:33 pm »
And five women who waited 40 years to say this.

Look at how they're being trashed now!  Their treatment would have been ten times worse 40 years ago.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #234 on: November 14, 2017, 05:25:36 pm »
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/11/fake-analyst-says-judge-roy-moore-signature-inside-gloria-allred-accusers-yearbook-forged/

IT’S A FAKE! Analyst Says Judge Roy Moore Signature Inside Gloria Allred Accuser’s Yearbook Was FORGED
by Joshua Caplan

Known for his insightful take on politics, journalist and author Thomas Wictor believes Judge Roy Moore’s signature in Gloria Allred accuser Beverly Young Nelson’s yearbook is a forgery.

The sevens in 1977 to the right of “Christmas,” are very different from the sevens in the date (12-22-77) above “Old Hickory House.”

“Look at the two versions of the number “7,” tweeted Wictor.

“”12-22-77” and “Olde Hickory House” were written by a different person,” he added.

Next, Wictor points out “the “R” and “y” in “Roy,”” are not written the same way.

The inflection of the “Y” is more pronounced in Moore’ signature as Chief Justice. The “R” is noticeably longer in the  signature of Chief Justice, as well.

Poster's note:
I could not get the image displayed at the original article above to display here.
Go to the source URL above, and inspect it yourself...

I read the article, I agree it looks like a fake.

At this point, they need a real handwriting expert, this guy doesn't seem exactly that but he points out a lot of suspicious elements, if the signature is a fake, there is a good chance, 70% or all of the rest is largely fake too.

We need to hear from those mall cops, this part of the story.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #235 on: November 14, 2017, 05:26:23 pm »
So dating a teenager is acceptable if one decides there are no dateable women of one's own age?

How do you know the behavior stopped when he got married?
Parsing words and making assumptions. Just like the Clintoons.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #236 on: November 14, 2017, 05:29:04 pm »
Not true.  This is a special election.   The governor can move to postpone it,  on the basis of there being no GOP nominee.   

Now I understand that Alabama's governor has said she will not act.  But that makes sense while Moore is still in the race.   She can't fail to back the nominee.   But if Moore steps down,  the way will be clear to prevent an election where the majority party has no nominee. 

That's why so many are demanding that Moore step down now, while there's still time.   The charges were meticulously researched and corroborated,  and Moore himself has been dissembling in denying/not denying him.   This isn't the crap they flung at Cruz in the National Enquirer.   This is credible and creepy stuff.   

Moore wants to play the martyr,  and there are some who'll stick by him on the basis of he may be a perv, but he's our perv.   But real social conservatives and men of Christ - like our own driftdiver - know the man's a scumbag and needs to go.   Real social conservatives and men of Christ won't defend the indefensible.   Why?  Because ultimately their own credibility and sincerity is at stake.   

Me?   Sure, I'm biased - everyone knows I'm no social conservative and can't stand the man.   But this is one of those situations where rejecting this hypocrite is simply the right thing to do -  for Republicans and Christians of ALL stripes.       

"Meticulously researched' by a WaPo reporter with a criminal record who has done other hit jobs on Republicans, working for a media org that's more or less the propaganda organ for the DNC.

The Moore accuser Leigh Corfman who says she was 14 when Moore assaulted her, is also known as a serial accuser and financial grifter. Not particularly credible.

Deb Wesson Gibson is a Dem party hacktivist who supports Moore's opponent and has spewed hate against Moore on her FB. Not particularly credible.

Wendy Miller claims that Moore asked her mother if he could date her while she was underage. Nothing more beyond the accusation. Not particularly credible.

Gloria Deason was 18 when they went out, but claims he bought her alcohol when she was 18 and the drinking age was 19. How convenient. Not particularly credible.

The latest accuser Beverly Young Nelson says she is a Trump supporter, but her voter registration is inactive. That already draws her testimony under suspecion. Other parts of her story are in question.

The 'hanging around the mall' story is all second hand rumor. No one involved directly seems to cooberate.

The Alabama governor won't act because there is no room in the law to do so.

You have a very hypocritical definition of creepy considering your avid support of the LGBTQ deviancy lobby and calling anyone a bigot who disagrees with them. Yet you judge someone who dates anyone that's too far in age from them as a perv.

You're just bigoted and biased and want Moore to go down for your own political agenda, using convenient excuses to justify it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #237 on: November 14, 2017, 05:31:31 pm »
Look at how they're being trashed now!  Their treatment would have been ten times worse 40 years ago.

They're being trashed because their stories don't hold up, and their motivations are suspect.

Do you feel that anyone should be able to make accusations and that's the final word?

Because I'm feeling you might be a murderer and a rapist...
The Republic is lost.

Silver Pines

« Reply #238 on: November 14, 2017, 05:32:06 pm »
A reputation that somehow only came out when it could do the most collateral damage to anyone who isn't a Democrat.

Moore was out of power in 2005. When he ran for his old seat again, they could have stopped him with this.

Moore was contending in a primary earlier this year. They could have stopped him with this and not handed the seat to a Democrat. The retaliation threat argument is bunk.

Do you mean to tell me that the Republican Party research team, containing some of the most notorious dirt-diggers in politics, is so inept that nobody on our side could see this?

@jmyrlefuller

Yeah, I’d say Republicans are abysmally inept, and in more ways than one.

The timing doesn’t mean the allegations aren’t true.  What decided me was the accounts of people who knew him and worked with him back then, including the newspaper blurb from 2002. 

Look, I agree that women can and do lie sometimes about this kind of thing.  I knew the defendants in the Duke rape case were innocent, and I was sure the Rolling Stone/UVA case was a fake.  Both of those women should have been prosecuted.

But it’s irrational to assume that all women lie and it never happens.  That’s why you stand back and wait to see what develops.  If all of the people involved here are lying, it’s the biggest and most well-executed conspiracy I’ve ever seen.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #239 on: November 14, 2017, 05:33:21 pm »

Name one other person she's accused. Not a grifter, but did have financial difficulties, probably due to to her treatment.  She was also married three times and had three bankruptcies, just like Donald J. Trump.

Signing for the deaf at a Democrat event because she owned a signing company is not being an "activist."   Not seen her FB page.

Other than a 32 year old man dating her. Nothing creepy there.

Given that other women accused him of plying them with alcohol, this is very credible.

This is risible. She said she voted for Trump.  There are no other parts of her story that are in question.

He was banned from the Gadsden mall.  That is corroborated by several people in this story:

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/11/gadsden_residents_say_moores_b.html#incart_river_mobileshort_home

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #240 on: November 14, 2017, 05:35:22 pm »
The establishment has been doing this crap since they destroyed George Allen's presidential dreams many years ago and they aren't going to stop until WE stop them!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #241 on: November 14, 2017, 05:36:12 pm »
They're being trashed because their stories don't hold up, and their motivations are suspect.

Do you feel that anyone should be able to make accusations and that's the final word?

Because I'm feeling you might be a murderer and a rapist...
They're being trashed by Alabamans and GOP partisans who value a Senate seat above the character of the person who holds it.

Almost no one outside of Alabama and these partisans doubts their stories.  He has no endorsements remaining in the Senate and those in the House are falling like flies.

You either believe the women or you don't.  This is a political,not a legal matter. Moore will never go to jail, but he should never go the Senate either.

Silver Pines

« Reply #242 on: November 14, 2017, 05:36:38 pm »
Saw this on TOS.
I -DID NOT- write it.
Take it for what it's worth:
================
It gets even weirder.
The picture that was put on the media was a grayscale photocopy.

It was gray scale for very good reason.

A color picture of the handwriting shows e writing was in two different color inks.

in black ink we have

“To a sweeter, more beautiful girl I could not say Merry Christmas.

“Merry Christmas”

Christmas 1977

Love,

Ray”

Written in blue ink is

“Moore D.A.

12-22-77

Olde Hickory Restaurant”

So the yearbook message was written by a guy named “Ray” and somebody added Roy Moore's last name, D.A. a date and Old Hickory Restaurant - in different hand writhing, neither of which matches Judge Moore's

By the way, the woman accusing Moore called him a “Ray” Moore , the first mane of the guy who actually wrote the phrase, not Roy Moore and Allred had to correct her in the press conference.

24 posted on 11/14/2017, 10:04:08 AM by rdcbn

@Fishrrman

Yeah, TOS is definitely a reasonable source.  Has Butterdezillion weighed in yet?

Silver Pines

« Reply #243 on: November 14, 2017, 05:42:01 pm »
The "dirt" on Moore that they found was that TWICE he refused to follow a ruling from an Appeals Court or the Supreme Court.  In other words, he disobeyed the law.  And for that he was booted off the Alabama Supreme Court.

That alone should have been enough to vote against Moore.  But, Alabama...........

@sinkspur

It has zero to do with being Southern.  If we’re going to get into regional issues, I could go on all day about the influx of sophisticated Northeastern liberals infecting my state.  But that’s a thread hinack, so.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #244 on: November 14, 2017, 05:45:34 pm »
Name one other person she's accused. Not a grifter, but did have financial difficulties, probably due to to her treatment.  She was also married three times and had three bankruptcies, just like Donald J. Trump.

Several pastors. She has a reputation. No more or less credible than the 'Roy Moore hanging around the mall' set of rumors.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/11/11/big-questions-now-arising-roy-moores-main-accuser-leah-corfman-560877

Signing for the deaf at a Democrat event because she owned a signing company is not being an "activist."   Not seen her FB page.

https://www.teaparty.org/judge-roy-moore-accuser-caught-scrubbing-anti-moore-anti-trump-postings-facebook-page-276820/

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/11/uh-oh-wapo-failed-disclose-roy-moore-accuser-worked-sign-language-interpreter-hillary-biden-openly-supports-doug-jones/
Other than a 32 year old man dating her. Nothing creepy there.

My grandparents were 12 years apart. Many young women dated and married men older than them. It's not uncommon, especially in the South, and in those days.
Given that other women accused him of plying them with alcohol, this is very credible.

Who exactly, and their ages?

This is risible. She said she voted for Trump.  There are no other parts of her story that are in question.

She said she 'supported' Trump. She didn't vote for him because her registration is inactive, which happens when you don't vote. The 'supported Trump' was a red herring to distract.

He was banned from the Gadsden mall.  That is corroborated by several people in this story:

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/11/gadsden_residents_say_moores_b.html#incart_river_mobileshort_home

All of which were second hand rumors, not the people directly involved. If you want to believe those rumors as credible, then the rumors about the questionable claims of the accusers is credible too.
The Republic is lost.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #245 on: November 14, 2017, 05:47:47 pm »
Five women, 30 sources, Moore's admission he dated teenagers with their mother's permission.

Then, there's this:

Roy Moore's penchant for flirting with teen girls was "common knowledge" and "not a big secret" around Gadsden, according to some area residents.[/quote)

Hey there, sinky. Nice to see you posting. Hope you’re doing well.

Okay, now that the pleasantries are out of the way, draw your sword and prepare yourself to be skewered  :sword:

I haven’t forgotten your support of Dewhurst over Cruz, or your attacks on candidate Trump!

Don’t worry, I’ll go easy on you. Just a nick here and there...

Kidding aside, looking forward to hearing your point of view on these pressing political matters.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #246 on: November 14, 2017, 05:48:21 pm »
@sinkspur

It has zero to do with being Southern.  If we’re going to get into regional issues, I could go on all day about the influx of sophisticated Northeastern liberals infecting my state.  But that’s a thread hinack, so.

I didn't say Southern.  I said Alabama.

It's a weird voting populace.  They voted in an old man as governor--Bentley--who was considered a Godly man, a good man. 

They turned against him when tapes unearthed of him talking dirty to his secretary and evidence emerged of an affair.  He was forced to resign.

So, in Alabama, adultery is worthy of depriving a governor of his office, but sexual abuse of a child is worth elevating a candidate to the US Senate.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #247 on: November 14, 2017, 05:49:31 pm »
They're being trashed by Alabamans and GOP partisans who value a Senate seat above the character of the person who holds it.

Almost no one outside of Alabama and these partisans doubts their stories.  He has no endorsements remaining in the Senate and those in the House are falling like flies.

You either believe the women or you don't.  This is a political,not a legal matter. Moore will never go to jail, but he should never go the Senate either.

So you're falling back on the bandwagon fallacy, and transitioning to false dichotomy and the red herring double bonus score as your source of logic?

You realize you just admitted that these are nothing but rumors and salacious accustions, but we should just run with it because it's political and not legal?

Got it. Getting kind of smoky and mirrory in here.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 05:50:33 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #248 on: November 14, 2017, 05:52:56 pm »
Actually, the Governor can't, because primary and runoff have already been held. The ballots are already printed and I suspect the absentee ballots have already been sent out. You can't change an election timetable in the middle of the election, and besides, Alabama law expressly states that there is no way for a candidate to be taken off the ballot, even if he or she is dead. If "Vacant Seat" wins, "Vacant Seat" takes the Senate, and we have to go through this process all over again.

There are only two potential ways to salvage this fiasco at this point. One is the unlikely scenario of a write-in nominee finishing in the top two and forcing a runoff. At this point, it'd be too late to build the kind of organization to realistically pull that off. The other would be the unprecedented move for Jeff Sessions to rescind his resignation and return to the Senate for the remainder of his term, thus negating the purpose for the election and forcing its cancellation. It's not even clear if he can do that.

Now I understand that Alabama's governor has said she will not act.  That makes sense, and is to be expected,  while Moore is still in the race.   She can't fail to back the nominee.   But if Moore steps down,  the way will be clear to postpone a special election where the majority party has no nominee. 

Moore wants to play the martyr,  and there are some who'll stick by him on the basis of he may be a perv, but he's our perv.   But real social conservatives and men of Christ - like our own @driftdiver - know the man's a scumbag and needs to go.   Real social conservatives and men of Christ won't defend the indefensible.   Why?  Because ultimately their own credibility and sincerity is at stake.   

I get it. In an ideal world, this wouldn't have happened—but for the time being, as I've stated, all other options are off the table.

We are stuck between two choices, Roy Moore and the Democrat.

The Democrat will take the seat for the next three years, pushing them one seat closer to a majority. Already, McCain, Collins and Murkowski have made it impossible to pass a conservative agenda, and that will give this rump caucus even further power to thwart any attempts to, for example, stop Obamacare. That's not even to say what might happen in 2018: Republicans SHOULD have a field advantage after getting their butts kicked in 2006 and 2012, but they should have had that advantage in 2012, too. Yet this crap happened then, too.

Roy Moore will at least keep the balance of power in the Senate as is, whether he is seated or not.

Sometimes, we have to accept the unpalatable to avoid the unacceptable. A Democrat majority is not acceptable. We saw what they did the last time: economic collapse and the rise of Obamaism.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #249 on: November 14, 2017, 05:53:47 pm »
Several pastors. She has a reputation. No more or less credible than the 'Roy Moore hanging around the mall' set of rumors.

LOL! From your source:

Posts on Moore's FB page indicate that Corfman, has claimed several pastors at various churches made sexual advances at her.

So ROY MOORE, on HIS OWN FB PAGE, claims several pastors (whom he does not name) made these claims.  Talk about ridiculous!

You're really stretching here, friend.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 05:57:37 pm by sinkspur »