Author Topic: Meet Roy Moore Accuser, Beverly Young Nelson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know  (Read 27929 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: HEAVY.COM

URL: http://heavy.com/news/2017/11/beverly-young-nelson-roy-moore-accuser-allred/

By Chris Bucher

Less than one month until his Senate special election in Alabama, Republican candidate Roy Moore is facing numerous allegations of sexual misconduct with underage women.

Five women have now come forward with the sexual harassment and assault allegations against Moore, claiming they took place decades ago when he worked in the Etowah County District Attorney’s Office.

While four of the accusers came forward with their allegations against Moore in a story by The Washington Post, the fifth, Beverly Young Nelson, told her story during a press conference alongside her lawyer, Gloria Allred, on Monday.

Nelson, 56, said she was 16-years old and working as a waitress at a restaurant in Alabama when Moore sexually assaulted her. She described him as being a regular at the restaurant and very flirtatious. On one occasion, she said Moore offered to give her a ride home after a shift. She claims that instead of driving toward her house, though, Moore drove to the back of the restaurant and proceeded to sexually assault her.

Moore’s on the ballot for the special election to replace former Senator Jeff Sessions on December 12. He defeated Luther Strange, who served in the seat after Sessions was appointed attorney general, in a primary election. Moore is going against against Democrat Doug Jones in the general election.

Here’s what you need to know about Nelson’s accusations against Moore:

1. Nelson Claims Moore Wrote She Was a ‘Beautiful Girl in Her Yearbook & Was Very Flirtatious

Nelson told her story at the press conference in Madison, New York on November 13. She opened by describing her background, saying she was born in Santa Maria, California before moving to Alabama with her family when she was young.

As a teenager, she started working as a waitress after school at the Old Hickory House, a restaurant in Gadsden that Moore frequented, she said. She worked there when she was 15-16 years old and said she’d often work until 7-10 p.m. Moore would come into the restaurant “nearly every day,” sitting in the same seat and oftentimes staying until the restaurant closed.

Nelson burst into tears as she described how Moore complimented her appearance, saying he was very flirtatious with her. On occasion, she said Moore would touch her long, red hair.

“I did know that he was an important person, and I always treated him with respect,” Nelson said. “When he was at the restaurant, he would speak to me and would sometimes pull the ends of my long hair as I walked by him.”

Nelson said she was accustomed to men flirting with her because she was “well developed and competed in beauty pageants.” She claims that she never responded to Moore’s flirtatious behavior because she had a boyfriend at the time and wasn’t interested in having a relationship “with a man who’s twice my age.”

One time, she said that she brought her high school yearbook to the restaurant. Moore saw it and asked her if he could sign it.

“I felt flattered, and I said yes,” she said.

Nelson claims that Moore wrote in a note that she was a “beautiful girl” and signed it: “Love, Roy Moore, D.A.” Nelson and Allred displayed the yearbook at the press conference.

(EXCERPT) CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST...

Offline SirLinksALot

MORE.... CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE DETAILS

2. Nelson Claims Moore Groped Her in His Vehicle & Forced Her Head Down on His Crotch

3. Nelson Worked as an Interior Designer & Said She Is a Trump Supporter

4 Other Women Came Forward With Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Moore

5. Moore Has Threatened Lawsuit & Claims the Women Were Paid to Come Forward

Offline SirLinksALot

REGARDING HER CLAIM THAT SHE IS A TRUMP SUPPORTER....

According to the Alabama Secretary of State, being an “inactive voter” means that they didn’t respond to a mailing requesting to update their information and are still eligible to vote as a normal voter.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 09:55:05 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline SirLinksALot

Since the allegations came to light, Moore denied them, saying they were “fake news” and a “desperate attack” by Democrats trying to ruin his campaign ahead of the December 12 special Senate election.

“These allegations are completely false and are a desperate political attack by the National Democrat Party and the Washington Post on this campaign,” he said in a statement. “If any of these allegations were true, they would have been made public long before now.”

« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 09:57:08 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline DiogenesLamp

Two accusers claiming sexual misconduct become harder to refute.   This is not good,   but we shall have to keep an eye out for anything else that may fall out of the blue. 

I still wouldn't give the seat to a baby murdering Democrat.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online libertybele

I read the entire article ... one thing still sticks in my mind .. why did she decide to come forward now after all this time that he's been running for political office?  Certainly IF her story was true you would think she would have made his actions known long ago ... why now??  I take into consideration when it first happened she was probably scared, ashamed, and didn't know what to do, but he's run for various different seats and she's had many opportunities.  Why now?  That is suspect.  She claims that she told her family; I would think that they also have had many opportunities before now to come forward. Perhaps she's finally found the courage, or she's been paid.  There's no evidence so far either way.  After all this time ... the only evidence that she has is her story and that he signed her yearbook.  That doesn't make him a perp, nor does him visiting where she worked every day make him a perp ... lots of people frequent their favorite restaurant on a regular basis. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Then you should join the many Republicans and conservatives who are urging Moore to step down now while there is still time to call for postponement of the special election.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online libertybele

Two accusers claiming sexual misconduct become harder to refute.   This is not good,   but we shall have to keep an eye out for anything else that may fall out of the blue. 

Regardless of guilt or innocence the GOPe has already determined that he is guilty and his career is over...unless there becomes overwhelming evidence that these women lied.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 10:17:40 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

Then you should join the many Republicans and conservatives who are urging Moore to step down now while there is still time to call for postponement of the special election.   

Postponement based on what? Rumors and innuendo? There is no postponing this election. Roy Moore and the Rat are going to be on the ballot in Dec and that's that. There is no putting Jeff Sessions back in, there is no replacing Moore with Luther Strange. There is no kicking Moore out of the Senate should he win. This is what it is. There are no legitimate legal work arounds from Moore and the Rat being elected in the state.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Postponement based on what? Rumors and innuendo? There is no postponing this election. Roy Moore and the Rat are going to be on the ballot in Dec and that's that. There is no putting Jeff Sessions back in, there is no replacing Moore with Luther Strange. There is no kicking Moore out of the Senate should he win. This is what it is. There are no legitimate legal work arounds from Moore and the Rat being elected in the state.

This is a special election; why couldn't it be postponed if the majority party suddenly lacks a candidate? 

If Moore's on the ballot then Doug Jones wins.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Meet Roy Moore Accuser, Beverly Young Nelson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 10:29:19 pm »
This is a special election; why couldn't it be postponed if the majority party suddenly lacks a candidate?

Typical of tyrant advocates such as yourself: redo the election and reset the dates until the creature you want as ruler is "chosen".

Based on your posting history - it's not like you re going to shed any tears over losing that seat. 

Rather, applause because you hate Christians as much as you do.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 10:30:19 pm »

Because elections are expensive and take a lot of work to put on. Unless there is a natural disaster or act of God, there is no reason to move the date just because some establishment stooges are upset with the voters will in a Primary. As for the state, it appears that the people who could pull some illegal bullshit to change the election date are all supporters of Moore, so I wouldn't hold your breath there either.

Silver Pines

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2017, 11:06:52 pm »

@DiogenesLamp

Well, I agree with that.  But I wouldn't want either one of them in there---a baby murderer or someone who gropes children.  And if I were an Alabaman, I wouldn't put my soul on the line and cast a vote for either of them.  This is when people of faith stand back and realize God has it all in His control.

Online libertybele

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2017, 11:08:05 pm »
Well...according to "Wikipedia" approximately 30 women have come forward against him.  That is pretty overwhelming.  Though noted, "Wikipedia" is stating that a better source is needed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Moore

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2017, 11:16:16 pm »

Then the seat would default to the baby murdering Democrat.    I think in terms of an ethical dilemma,  I would err in favor of the babies to not get murdered.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2017, 11:17:30 pm »
Regardless of guilt or innocence the GOPe has already determined that he is guilty and his career is over...unless there becomes overwhelming evidence that these women lied.

Yes,  the swamp is going all out to get him.    Both the Democrats and the Republicans are trying everything of which they can think to stop him from getting into the Senate. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2017, 11:21:50 pm »
Did people read this article in the editorial section:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,290845.0.html

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/11/the_real_scandal_in_the_alabama_senate_race.html

@aligncare pretty much said it right, do what is best for the country. I don't see doing nothing as best for the country.  Also, we might have any number of 3rd party options.

Also, I don't trust Gloria Allread.

As the American Thinker article says, I would hold my nose and vote for the Republican.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2017, 11:28:39 pm »
@DiogenesLamp

Well, I agree with that.  But I wouldn't want either one of them in there---a baby murderer or someone who gropes children.  And if I were an Alabaman, I wouldn't put my soul on the line and cast a vote for either of them.  This is when people of faith stand back and realize God has it all in His control.

If we are leaving it to God,  I believe he has this thing called "redemption."    Can a man be redeemed for something he did 40 years ago by living an exemplary life ever since?   

If Moore did touch those girls/women,   they should have put it behind them already.   

Once again,  we are down to a binary choice.   There is no "none of the above"  option on the ballot.   It will be Moore,  or it will be Jones. 

Moore may or may not have touched some girls inappropriately 40 years ago.   Jones advocates partial birth abortion right now.   (And transgenders using girls bathrooms,  and all the usual Democrat insanity.)   

People would have us be "penny wise and pound foolish."   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2017, 11:33:06 pm »

"Someone tried to play with my kitty."

Silver Pines

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2017, 11:41:44 pm »

If we are leaving it to God,  I believe he has this thing called "redemption."    Can a man be redeemed for something he did 40 years ago by living an exemplary life ever since?   

Once again,  we are down to a binary choice.   There is no "none of the above"  option on the ballot.   It will be Moore,  or it will be Jones. 

Moore may or may not have touched some girls inappropriately 40 years ago.   Jones advocates partial birth abortion right now.   (And transgenders using girls bathrooms,  and all the usual Democrat insanity.)   

People would have us be "penny wise and pound foolish."   

@DiogenesLamp

Nah, no binary choice.  There are some things we just know we shouldn't be a part of.  Like I said, He has it. 

You know as well as I do that redemption requires repentance. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2017, 11:42:07 pm »

"Someone tried to play with my kitty."

@Frank Cannon

That's a huge...

....cat.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2017, 11:44:44 pm »
Well, gee....

What man, or woman, for that matter, hasn't at least once in their life, grabbed somebody's head.... :bolt:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 11:45:29 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2017, 11:44:53 pm »
@DiogenesLamp

Nah, no binary choice.  There are some things we just know we shouldn't be a part of.  Like I said, He has it. 

And how is it not a binary choice?    Do you think someone other than Moore or Jones is going to win? 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2017, 11:51:08 pm »
There is a good chance a write-in candidate will come up... and someone then, won't have to make the choice of the current two.

Luther Strange has not done well on DACA; but that is about the only thing. He is definitely pro-life...

Online roamer_1

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2017, 11:53:20 pm »

Nope.
And the only write in that might stand a chance is Mo... with Moore's blessing.