Author Topic: McConnell: ‘I believe the women’ accusing Roy Moore  (Read 3670 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
McConnell: ‘I believe the women’ accusing Roy Moore
« on: November 13, 2017, 05:37:12 pm »
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said Monday that Alabama Senate GOP candidate Roy Moore should leave the race, saying he believes the women who have accused Moore of sexual misconduct.

“I think he should step aside,” McConnell told reporters in Louisville, adding: “I believe the women, yes."

The comments go further than the majority leader's initial statement last week, which came after the Washington Post reported that four women said Moore pursued them as teenagers when he was in his 30s. McConnell said then that Moore should leave the race if the allegations were true.

Read more at: https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/13/mcconnell-i-believe-the-women-accusing-roy-moore-244840
The Republic is lost.

Online dfwgator

Re: McConnell: ‘I believe the women’ accusing Roy Moore
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 05:39:22 pm »
Of course you do, Mitch.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 05:41:01 pm »
But we don't believe you, Mitch.  Ted Cruz was right.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 05:49:38 pm »
Limp wristed Mitch prays everyday that he can lose his majority so he can go back to sleep. His life was far more relaxing when Dingy Harry controlled him like a puppet.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 06:04:42 pm »
I can only wonder what the Islamist Throwbacks think of this political catfight, and how many more of them it's inspiring to perceive us as weak and take up the fight against us.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/islamic-republic-pakistan-child-marriages-73-million

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 06:14:10 pm »
McConnell simply adds more gasoline to the fuel and fire that tells me he was either aware of, or has involvement in creating the scandal and parading the "victims' so as to punish the voters in Alabama for rejecting his boy Strange.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 06:18:23 pm »
I can only wonder what the Islamist Throwbacks think of this political catfight, and how many more of them it's inspiring to perceive us as weak and take up the fight against us.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/islamic-republic-pakistan-child-marriages-73-million

Weak?  How about strength?    I applaud McConnell and the many other Republicans and conservatives who are standing up to this moral hypocrite.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 06:28:03 pm »
Weak?  How about strength?    I applaud McConnell and the many other Republicans and conservatives who are standing up to this moral hypocrite.   

PROOF Please?

So far we have Accusations by the bucketful which are coming apart at the seams, just like all that crap we got about Putin rigging the election, from the same crowd who stand to benefit from torpedoing Moore.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 06:29:38 pm »
McConnell simply adds more gasoline to the fuel and fire that tells me he was either aware of, or has involvement in creating the scandal and parading the "victims' so as to punish the voters in Alabama for rejecting his boy Strange.

Agreed. If Mitch and the rest of the Republican hierarchy are not involved, why aren't they out there supporting their candidate?  Why aren't they demanding proof of the allegations?  Why aren't they calling for an investigation?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 06:34:14 pm »

PROOF Please?

Jazzhead doesn't need nor want any proof.  Moore is a devout Christian and he hates Christians who are not liberal Leftists with a virulent passion, so anything that helps lay waste or punishes such people - he not only applauds - but wishes to engage in administering punishment himself. Per his own words.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 06:35:19 pm »
Agreed. If Mitch and the rest of the Republican hierarchy are not involved, why aren't they out there supporting their candidate?  Why aren't they demanding proof of the allegations?  Why aren't they calling for an investigation?

Because the voters in Alabama choosing Moore over Strange was "A bridge too far" and the Oligarchy in the Republican party is about to punish them and select their ruler for them.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 06:38:10 pm »

Maybe because they recognize him as a moral hypocrite.   Partisanship and partisan loyalty shouldn't go so far as to compel one to defend the indefensible.

There's still almost a month to go before the election.   If Moore steps down now, there may be a chance the seat can be saved.   THAT's where partisanship comes into play.   Sticking by an untenable candidate while his reputation implodes doesn't do the GOP, or conservatives, the least bit of good.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Applewood

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2017, 06:39:23 pm »
Because the voters in Alabama choosing Moore over Strange was "A bridge too far" and the Oligarchy in the Republican party is about to punish them and select their ruler for them.

Wonder what those lying thieves will do, should Moore win.  Are they going to try to prevent him from taking his seat in the senate?  If they do, I think there will be hell to pay. 

I'm hoping the voters in Alabama see what these guys are up to and give them the proverbial middle finger by electing Moore.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2017, 06:41:33 pm »
Maybe because they recognize him as a moral hypocrite.   Partisanship and partisan loyalty shouldn't go so far as to compel one to defend the indefensible.

There's still almost a month to go before the election.   If Moore steps down now, there may be a chance the seat can be saved.   THAT's where partisanship comes into play.   Sticking by an untenable candidate while his reputation implodes doesn't do the GOP, or conservatives, the least bit of good.   

Is this how you define Principle?

Toss people out of the sleigh to the wolves in the hope they catch and eat you last?

Principle boils to to a Personality Contest?

The other side gets to pick and choose our candidates for us on the basis of Their Agenda?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2017, 06:45:34 pm »

What is indefensible?  None of the allegations have been proven.  As long as there is no proof of the allegations against Moore and there are no criminal charges against him, then the party should stick by Moore.  That is  called loyalty, but it appears that with the Republican party, loyalty is a one-way street. 

By the way, how can the seat be saved if Moore drops out?  Is there any possibility at this late date the party can put forth another nominee?  I'm inclined to think it's too late.  If Moore drops out or is removed. then the seat goes to the Democrats.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2017, 06:50:20 pm »
What is indefensible?  None of the allegations have been proven.  As long as there is no proof of the allegations against Moore and there are no criminal charges against him, then the party should stick by Moore.  That is  called loyalty, but it appears that with the Republican party, loyalty is a one-way street. 

By the way, how can the seat be saved if Moore drops out?  Is there any possibility at this late date the party can put forth another nominee?  I'm inclined to think it's too late.  If Moore drops out or is removed. then the seat goes to the Democrats.

"There's almost a month to go. If Moore Steps Down There's A CHANCE That Seat Can Be Saved."

By Who?

Mitt Romney and Jeb Bush could not be reached for comment.

But their offices told us that they could not relocate to Alabama in time to meet ballot residency requirements, the way Hillary carpet bagged her Senate seat in NY.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2017, 06:51:41 pm »
I believe the evidence
Countdown to Resignation

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2017, 06:53:44 pm »
I believe the evidence

Hahahahahahah. No, Seriously, who ISN'T The President?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2017, 06:55:54 pm »
I believe the evidence

What evidence?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2017, 07:01:05 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2017, 07:24:03 pm »
Maybe because they recognize him as a moral hypocrite. 

Same as you are.  You'll defend perverts and their behavior and promote to punish Christian 'bigots' you hate by destroying their livelihoods and forcing them to violate their consciences.

Partisanship and partisan loyalty shouldn't go so far as to compel one to defend the indefensible.

It does for the GOP leadership.  They went to bat to save Democrat Menendez, even so far as to testify what a great guy he is during his trial - but Moore - oh no - he must be crucified.

Lindsey Graham Calls for Roy Moore to Step Aside but Defends Bob Menendez

If Moore steps down now, there may be a chance the seat can be saved.

Bullshit and you know it.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2017, 07:31:49 pm »
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/360119-moore-mcconnell-is-one-who-should-step-aside
Moore: McConnell is one who should step aside

:amen: to that!  Him and all the other GD surrender monkeys!  GOD how I hate them!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 07:51:50 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2017, 07:37:19 pm »
That's an option we're looking at, whether or not there is someone who can mount a write-in campaign successfully," McConnell said during a news conference on tax reform. Whether that candidate could be Strange, whom Moore defeated in the primary, McConnell added: "We'll see."

Luther Strange owes McConnell lots and lots of favors.  And that was the case before McConnell's boys dumped millions of dollars into the primary.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 07:39:43 pm by cato potatoe »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2017, 07:41:35 pm »

Mitch McConnell circled the wagons around Bob Packwood like a rabid dog. He looked a blind eye to Menendez. He kept his mouth shut about Dennis Hastert.....but a guy he genuinly dislikes get hit with an insane WaPo hit piece and he is outraged.

Mitch is a pansy squish.