Author Topic: Sadiq Kahn: Boris Johnson 'has to go'  (Read 355 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Sadiq Kahn: Boris Johnson 'has to go'
« on: November 13, 2017, 02:18:22 am »
Sadiq Kahn: Boris Johnson 'has to go'
Dina Spector and Reuters

Sadiq Khan Andrew Marr Show London mayor Sadiq Khan appears on the "Andrew Marr Show" on November 12, 2017. Screengrab/BBC

London Mayor Sadiq Khan said British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson should resign in a BBC interview with Andrew Marr on Sunday.
    Johnson has made a series of gaffes that have offended Libyans, Americans, the Spanish, and others.
    The foreign secretary should clarify a statement he made in parliament which was used as evidence against a British woman serving a five-year jail sentence in Iran.
    Khan believes Theresa May would have fired Johnson a long time ago if she was a strong prime minister.

LONDON (Reuters) - London Mayor Sadiq Khan called on British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson to resign, speaking on the BBC's Andrew Marr show on Sunday, after a series of gaffes which Khan said had offended Libyans, Americans, the Spanish, and others.

Continued: http://www.businessinsider.com/r-london-mayor-calls-on-british-foreign-minister-johnson-to-resign-2017-11

There was some flare-up, some story with Boris Johnson over the past few days that must have offended some. I will have to look it up. I know one of the stories concerns some person in jail in Iran. I'll check to see what else. I liked B. Johnson.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Sadiq Kahn: Boris Johnson 'has to go'
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 03:36:44 am »
Johnson may say dumb things from time to time, but his policies aren't getting people killed, unlike Khan.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 04:05:56 am »
Khan is the most popular Labour politician in Britain.  That means, odds are, one day he will become PM.

A very scary thought.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 02:55:41 pm »
Americans offended by Johnson? I'm not offended by anything he said in that article.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 11:47:06 pm »
dfw wrote:
"Khan is the most popular Labour politician in Britain.  That means, odds are, one day he will become PM.
A very scary thought."

The day that happens, might as well change the name from "Great Britain" to "Britanistan".

Because for all practical purposes, that will have come about -- or be right around the corner...