Author Topic: Ulster County sheriff, objecting to NFL players’ protests, urges NFL boycott [NY]  (Read 2950 times)

Offline Suppressed

Ulster County sheriff, objecting to NFL players’ protests, urges NFL boycott
By Brian Hubert, bhubert@freemanonline.com, @brianatfreeman on Twitter
POSTED: 11/11/17, 6:55 PM EST | UPDATED: 30 SECS AGO
http://www.dailyfreeman.com/article/DF/20171111/NEWS/171119937

Ulster County Sheriff Paul Van Blarcum. (File photo)

KINGSTON, N.Y. >> Ulster County Sheriff Paul Van Blarcum defended a post he placed on his office’s official Facebook page that urges people to boycott the National Football League by tuning out football telecasts and not attending games Sunday.

Posted on Facebook Saturday afternoon, his call attracted dozens of comments with a wide range of opinions regarding NFL players kneeling during the national anthem to raise awareness of racial injustice. The protest was started last year by then-San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

As of Saturday evening, Van Blarcum’s post, which was unsigned, had drawn a wide range of comments, some in support and others expressing anger. By 6 p.m. Saturday, it had been shared more than 161 times and had drawn 261 reactions and 44 comments.

“It’s the opinion of me. It’s important for the voters to know where their sheriff stands on these sort of things,” Van Blarcum said when asked if the agency’s Facebook page was an appropriate place to post personal opinions.

“They should know where I stand, whether they like it or not,” he said.

[...]

« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 02:08:09 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn