Author Topic: The Truth About Switching To A Standing Desk, According To People Who Actually Use Them  (Read 486 times)

rangerrebew

The Truth About Switching To A Standing Desk, According To People Who Actually Use Them
How it impacts your health, plus, insight into some of the best standing desks on the market.
By Alyssa Jung November 7, 2017
benefits of a standing desk

You’ve heard the warnings: sitting will kill you.

Studies have connected being sedentary for prolonged periods of time with everything from increased risk of breast and colon cancer (make sure you aren't ignoring these cancer symptoms) to obesity, heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and neck pain. That’s bad news for the millions of Americans with a desk job.

The good news? There might be an antidote: the standing desk.

https://www.prevention.com/health/benefits-of-standing-desk

Offline ConstitutionRose

The company my son works for has adjustable desks.  They can work sitting or standing.  The ops managers have laptops, a regular office and an office on the floor so they can keep a discrete eye on things.  Son suffered back injury in the Army, so he finds the ability to change up very helpful.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Silver Pines

I actually would really like one of these things.