Author Topic: Is the GOP establishment behind the Roy Moore hit?  (Read 1945 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Is the GOP establishment behind the Roy Moore hit?
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2017, 07:06:58 pm »
The timing's good, because there's still time to get this bigoted assclown to step down in place of a better Republican candidate.

Here's the reality  - this was a damning and well-sourced story about a dude in his thirties chatting up and feeling up teenagers.   You have two choices for Senator from Alabama - Doug Jones, or a Republican.   And you won't get the Republican if his name is Roy Moore.
Why not call him racist, pedophile, Islamophobic while you are at it?  Nothing is too bad to call someone who believes in the Bible and puts God before man is there?

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2017, 03:27:27 pm »
George Wallace we learn more and more about, was not really that racist guy he is depicted to be. He even worked at times, before being governor at causes to reconcile the races.  But Wallace turn out to be a political opportunist. Maybe it's the same for Moore.  We don't know what is in a man's heart.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2017, 03:29:49 pm »
Luther Strange was down to Moore 19 points 3 weeks out from the election.  Why hold this back then?

Washington Post is generally seen as being liberal and pro-Democrat.

WP is owned by Bezos, WP also endorsed the Democratic candidate Doug Jones.

As usual, we will hear this paranoia from those who basically have helped Obama win and would have helped Hillary win. Let's not forget this scandal either.  We are all entitled to our views, at times, we need to compromise too.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 03:58:41 pm by TomSea »

Offline kidd

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2017, 04:39:39 pm »
I haven't "assumed guilt".   But I have read the entire WaPost article.   It is well-sourced and the accused behavior is corroborated by multiple individuals who've come forward on the record.  Sure, the timing suggests it's a political hit.   But if it's true,  McConnell's right - Moore needs to step down.   
I tend to not believe the WaPo article
1) The timing is highly suspicious. Both the number of years since the occurrence AND the present political situation
2) The accuser is now a DNC employee and has every motive to make a false claim
3) I regard the WaPo as having low credibility due to extreme liberal bias
4) WaPo can make this claim without any accountability or proof. It's a free shot.
5) Child molesters have a very low rate of cure. There is zero evidence that Ray Moore has had any recent encounters.