Author Topic: SUPERHUMANS: Chips inserted in brains will give us MIND-BLOWING abilities within years  (Read 600 times)

rangerrebew

SUPERHUMANS: Chips inserted in brains will give us MIND-BLOWING abilities within years

By Sean Martin
PUBLISHED: 08:19, Sat, Nov 11, 2017 | UPDATED: 08:29, Sat, Nov 11, 2017

People will be able to buy new memories and delete unwanted ones in the near future as experts believe they are close to biohacking the body’s most powerful tool, according to a leading technology entrepreneur.

Speaking at Lisbon’s Web Summit, Bryan Johnson, the founder of Kernel – a start-up researching the possibilities of microchips being inserted on the brain – says unlocking the true potential of the mind is the “single greatest thing” humanity can achieve.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/877457/brain-function-dementia-super-power-human-kernel
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 01:45:32 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Joe Wooten

And then an EMP pulse gun will be able to destroy the chip and deny someone the use of those abilities...........

Online roamer_1

And then an EMP pulse gun will be able to destroy the chip and deny someone the use of those abilities...........

Way worse than that. They'll make it so it can't be removed, and the PTB will have instant and continuous tracking, instant and continuous health information, Instant and continuous knowledge of known associations and regular haunts...

IOW, Welcome to 666.

No thanks.

Offline The_Reader_David

Way worse than that. They'll make it so it can't be removed, and the PTB will have instant and continuous tracking, instant and continuous health information, Instant and continuous knowledge of known associations and regular haunts...

IOW, Welcome to 666.

No thanks.

Yup.  The neural interface is the thing.  All the paranoid stuff about an RFI chip being the Mark is rubbish:  you can repent of getting an RFI chip implanted by taking a pen-knife to your flesh and cutting it out.  It's plain from the Apocalypse of St. John that the Mark will be something that makes repenting of taking it impossible -- a sufficiently pervasive neural interface would do just that.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I just don't think people realize what they're screwing with here. Let's throw out the Borg collective or Minority Report possibilities for the moment. I'm not an Einsteinian genius, my abilities are more about patterns, organization, logistics and perception. Things going from A to B and all the possibilities and permutations of how it may play out. Game theory. Strategy. How to make things more efficient, quicker, short cuts.

Now imagine that kind of mind, but opportunistic and full of criminal intent. Then give them Limitless the movie type abilities with one of these chips. Say in the financial world, you'd create a Michael Milliken on steriods. He'd be able to create a complete empire of fraud and cheating and hide it, raking in billions if not trillions over time.

Or someone that could walk into a room, assess it in an instant, and with on-the-fly tactics and strategy kill everyone in it with little more than reflexes, technique, and minimal weapons, simply by being enhanced mentally by a chip.

It would be a boon to criminals and megalomaniacs. And the list goes on.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 02:04:49 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

Yup.  The neural interface is the thing.  All the paranoid stuff about an RFI chip being the Mark is rubbish:  you can repent of getting an RFI chip implanted by taking a pen-knife to your flesh and cutting it out.  It's plain from the Apocalypse of St. John that the Mark will be something that makes repenting of taking it impossible -- a sufficiently pervasive neural interface would do just that.

Exactly right - Though I would not so quickly criticize those who warned of RFID. They saw it coming...

And tie that, if you will, to the other blissful horizon of transhumanism - That of genome manipulation - And not only is gender being questionable, but the very basis of humanity becomes gray area...

There is a Greek word in the NT that is in my mind, wholly mistranslated: Therion. According to some Greek friends of mine, more than once confirmed, the connotation would be more monster than wild beast.

As in the days of Noah.