Author Topic: Louis C.K. Crossed a Line Into Sexual Misconduct, 5 Women Say  (Read 791 times)

Offline Suppressed

Louis C.K. Crossed a Line Into Sexual Misconduct, 5 Women Say
« on: November 09, 2017, 09:32:07 pm »
Louis C.K. Crossed a Line Into Sexual Misconduct, 5 Women Say
By MELENA RYZIK, CARA BUCKLEY and JODI KANTORNOV. 9, 2017
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/09/arts/television/louis-ck-sexual-misconduct.html [Note: NYT article limit]

In 2002, a Chicago comedy duo, Dana Min Goodman and Julia Wolov, landed their big break: a chance to perform at the U.S. Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen, Colo. When Louis C.K. invited them to hang out in his hotel room for a nightcap after their late-night show, they did not think twice. The bars were closed and they wanted to celebrate. He was a comedian they admired. The women would be together. His intentions seemed collegial.

As soon as they sat down in his room, still wrapped in their winter jackets and hats, Louis C.K. asked if he could take out his penis, the women said.

They thought it was a joke and laughed it off. “And then he really did it,” Ms. Goodman said in an interview with The New York Times. “He proceeded to take all of his clothes off, and get completely naked, and started masturbating.”

In 2003, Abby Schachner called Louis C.K. to invite him to one of her shows, and during the phone conversation, she said, she could hear him masturbating as they spoke. Another comedian, Rebecca Corry, said that while she was appearing with Louis C.K. on a television pilot in 2005, he asked if he could masturbate in front of her. She declined.

Julia Wolov, left, and Dana Min Goodman said they felt “paralyzed” during an incident with him in Aspen, Colo. Credit Emily Berl for The New York Times

Now, after years of unsubstantiated rumors about Louis C.K. masturbating in front of associates, women are coming forward to describe what they experienced. Even amid the current burst of sexual misconduct accusations against powerful men, the stories about Louis C.K. stand out because he has so few equals in comedy. In the years since the incidents the women describe, he has sold out Madison Square Garden eight times, created an Emmy-winning TV series, and accumulated the clout of a tastemaker and auteur, with the help of a manager who represents some of the biggest names in comedy. And Louis C.K. built a reputation as the unlikely conscience of the comedy scene, by making audiences laugh about hypocrisy — especially male hypocrisy.

After being contacted for an interview this week about the on-the-record accusations of sexual misconduct — encounters that took place over a decade ago — Louis C.K.’s publicist, Lewis Kay, said the comedian would not respond. “Louis is not going to answer any questions,” Mr. Kay wrote in an email Tuesday night.

[...]

On Thursday, the premiere of Louis C.K.’s new movie “I Love You, Daddy,” was abruptly canceled, and he also canceled an appearance on “The Late Show With Stephen Colbert.”

[...]
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 09:33:16 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online DB

Re: Louis C.K. Crossed a Line Into Sexual Misconduct, 5 Women Say
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 09:39:17 pm »
Don't know who he is... Plan to keep it that way...

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 09:50:06 pm »

You don't want to know.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 09:52:03 pm »
He said Trump was "literally Hitler" IIRC.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 09:56:15 pm »
Just read that Roy Moore has been accused of impropriety with a woman when she was a teen. 

Honestly, all these stories have left me numb.  I'm beginning to believe that most of them are a product of vivid imaginations.  Trouble is figuring out which ones are bogus.  The stories that are real will have a hard time being accepted as fact.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 10:03:09 pm »

This is the guy that called Pain the c-word, right?

Is it so shocking that he treats women like meat?
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 10:13:53 pm »
Just read that Roy Moore has been accused of impropriety with a woman when she was a teen. 

Honestly, all these stories have left me numb.  I'm beginning to believe that most of them are a product of vivid imaginations.  Trouble is figuring out which ones are bogus.  The stories that are real will have a hard time being accepted as fact.

And that’s the truly sad thing about all these alleged incidents coming out in a torrent: which are politically or financially motivated and which are true?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 01:32:23 am by aligncare »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 01:03:57 am »
I'd never heard of "Louis C.K." until I read this article...

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2017, 10:01:09 pm »
Never heard of Louis C. K. before now.  But today, he issued a humble statement admitting his actions and empathizing with his victims.   Humility goes a very long way with me.  Read this, because you just don't see honest apologies like this in today's toxic environment.

Louis C.K. admits ‘showing my d–k’ to accusers

By Mara Siegler     |     November 10, 2017     |     1:25pm

Louis C.K. has released a statement admitting guilt and apologizing following accusations from multiple women of sexual misconduct — including claims he masturbated in front of them or while on the phone — that ran Thursday in the New York Times.

“These stories are true,” C.K. says in a statement sent by his rep Lewis Kay. “At the time, I said to myself that what I did was okay because I never showed a woman my d–k without asking first, which is also true. But what I learned later in life, too late, is that when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your d–k isn’t a question. It’s a predicament for them. The power I had over these women is that they admired me. And I wielded that power irresponsibly.”

C.K. continues, “I have been remorseful of my actions. And I’ve tried to learn from them. And run from them. Now I’m aware of the extent of the impact of my actions. I learned yesterday the extent to which I left these women who admired me feeling badly about themselves and cautious around other men who would never have put them in that position. I also took advantage of the fact that I was widely admired in my and their community, which disabled them from sharing their story and brought hardship to them when they tried because people who look up to me didn’t want to hear it. I didn’t think that I was doing any of that because my position allowed me not to think about it. There is nothing about this that I forgive myself for. And I have to reconcile it with who I am. Which is nothing compared to the task I left them with.”

“I wish I had reacted to their admiration of me by being a good example to them as a man and given them some guidance as a comedian, including because I admired their work.”

He goes on, “The hardest regret to live with is what you’ve done to hurt someone else. And I can hardly wrap my head around the scope of hurt I brought on them. I’d be remiss to exclude the hurt that I’ve brought on people who I work with and have worked with who’s professional and personal lives have been impacted by all of this, including projects currently in production: the cast and crew of Better Things, Baskets, The Cops, One Mississippi, and I Love You Daddy. I deeply regret that this has brought negative attention to my manager Dave Becky who only tried to mediate a situation that I caused. I’ve brought anguish and hardship to the people at FX who have given me so much The Orchard who took a chance on my movie. and every other entity that has bet on me through the years.”

He concludes the statement, “I’ve brought pain to my family, my friends, my children and their mother. I have spent my long and lucky career talking and saying anything I want. I will now step back and take a long time to listen.”

https://pagesix.com/2017/11/10/louis-c-k-admits-to-sexual-misconduct-these-stories-are-true/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2017, 10:37:01 pm »
I've never heard of him either but check out this latest article

Names other people who were molested, like Anthony Edwards, Ellen Page,  Jann Warner (accused),Jeremy Piven (accused) and Jenny McCarthy accusing the actor Steven segal.

There's more.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-bbc-pulling-mystery-thriller-featuring-westwick-145613448.html
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline aligncare

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2017, 10:51:50 pm »
Louis CK may have given a sincere apology but his career has already been compromised. His upcoming movie release was at first canceled but then soon after, the studio decided not to release the movie at all, it’s a total loss to the studio, and many insiders are saying his career is finished.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2017, 11:04:39 pm »
@Hoodat

I guess he can add an OC between the CK.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2017, 12:49:12 am »
I knew nothing about his politics the first time I saw him a year or so ago on the internet.  I don't why he is supposed to be funny, because I didn't find anything funny about him. A lot of lib-leftist, snarky stuff.  Didn't laugh once.
Norm McDonald is funny to me, not this nitwit.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2017, 12:54:28 am »
Norm McDonald is funny to me, not this nitwit.

Check out Hitler’s Dog Gossip And Trickery on Netflix, if you haven’t already.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.