Author Topic: Is the GOP establishment behind the Roy Moore hit?  (Read 1946 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Is the GOP establishment behind the Roy Moore hit?
« on: November 10, 2017, 04:44:59 pm »
November 10, 2017
By Brian C. Joondeph

Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore is the latest famous guy to be accused of sexual assault.  The Washington Post reported that Moore initiated a sexual encounter with a 14-year-old girl, at a time when Moore was 32 years old.

Is this a hit piece to derail his candidacy, or is he truly a bad guy?  The story will play out over the next few days, making the answer clearer.  What's suspicious is the timing.

With choreography on par with Olympic synchronized swimming or figure skating, members of the GOP establishment are dancing in unison.  Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers would be jealous.

more
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/11/is_the_gop_establishment_behind_the_roy_moore_hit.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Is the GOP establishment behind the Roy Moore hit?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 04:48:18 pm »
What do you do if you are one of the most hated elected officials in the country like Mitch McConnell? You can't pass anything your voters want and you keep backing garbage candidates. Well if I was him I would try and make sure I got some candidates to lose so I could lose my majority in the Senate and then not have to bother with tax cuts and health care.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 04:52:11 pm »

You bet your AZZ they are!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 04:53:21 pm »
Yes it does look completely timed and coordinated on the GOP side.

The conservative media needs to earn it's salt and start digging.
The Republic is lost.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 05:04:20 pm »
The uniparty wants Trump impeached so the R wing of the uniparty is doing everything
it can to hand Congress to the Rats. The Rs do not want their finger prints on impeachment.
That would cause the deplorables to revolt, they want the Rats to do it. Which the Rats
will be more than happy to do. There end game is Trump either gone or badly damaged,
but without taking any of the blame. However I am of the opinion that us deplorables will
see thru this charade and revolt anyway should the uniparty plan come close to succeeding.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 05:11:16 pm »
Who DIDN’T think the rodents habitating the uniparty wouldn’t come up with something like this at this time?

All the hyperventilating in response is tedious as well. As if this isn’t politically orchestrated & entirely predictable.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 05:11:43 pm by skeeter »

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 05:11:52 pm »
The uniparty wants Trump impeached so the R wing of the uniparty is doing everything
it can to hand Congress to the Rats. The Rs do not want their finger prints on impeachment.
That would cause the deplorables to revolt, they want the Rats to do it. Which the Rats
will be more than happy to do. There end game is Trump either gone or badly damaged,
but without taking any of the blame. However I am of the opinion that us deplorables will
see thru this charade and revolt anyway should the uniparty plan come close to succeeding.

Careful there; the new Trump tariffs on Chinese aluminum foil are going to make your haberdashery rather more expensive.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 05:24:20 pm »
Answer yes.  McConnell came out locally to state: "If these allegations are true, he must step aside."

First out of the gate with the demand.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2017, 05:50:42 pm »
The timing's good, because there's still time to get this bigoted assclown to step down in place of a better Republican candidate.

Here's the reality  - this was a damning and well-sourced story about a dude in his thirties chatting up and feeling up teenagers.   You have two choices for Senator from Alabama - Doug Jones, or a Republican.   And you won't get the Republican if his name is Roy Moore.   
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 05:51:42 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2017, 05:51:15 pm »
Answer yes.  McConnell came out locally to state: "If these allegations are true, he must step aside."

First out of the gate with the demand.

And if the allegations are true, you'll defend him?   

Offline jpsb

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2017, 05:56:24 pm »

That is a very big IF. You want to lose a GOP Senate seat over an IF?

What I have read is that there is not enough time to get Moores' name off the ballet
so we either go with Moore or lose the seat to the Rats. I'd hate to lose a reliable R
seat to the Rats for 6 years. I say go Judge Moore!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2017, 05:59:42 pm »

You're such a freaking tyrannical hypocrite as to be laughable.

What happened to all your insistent lecturing about rallying around Leftist Republicans to be pragmatic like the Democrats???

I guess that only applies to Liberals, Christians of any stripe you hate with a passion.

We get that from you, so shove it.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2017, 06:05:42 pm »
Careful there; the new Trump tariffs on Chinese aluminum foil are going to make your haberdashery rather more expensive.
:silly:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2017, 06:36:28 pm »
You're such a freaking tyrannical hypocrite as to be laughable.

What happened to all your insistent lecturing about rallying around Leftist Republicans to be pragmatic like the Democrats???

I guess that only applies to Liberals, Christians of any stripe you hate with a passion.

We get that from you, so shove it.

I'll rally around centrist Republicans and I'll rally around conservative Republicans.   But I won't defend - assuming the accusations are true, and the well-sourced and corroborated story sure appears damning  - a man who in his thirties (and in a position of power as a prosecutor) felt up and exposed himself to teenage girls.   

But you'll defend such a man.   Check.  Got it. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2017, 06:57:24 pm »
I'll rally around centrist Republicans and I'll rally around conservative Republicans.   But I won't defend - assuming the accusations are true, and the well-sourced and corroborated story sure appears damning  - a man who in his thirties (and in a position of power as a prosecutor) felt up and exposed himself to teenage girls.   

That's hilarious coming from a tyranny-advocate such as yourself that proclaims loudly that homosexual perverts are more moral the biblical Christians.

Your feigned outrage is duly noted and rejected as nothing more than grandstanding hypocrisy - which you are known for on this board.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2017, 07:16:54 pm »

Why do you assume guilt? Especially in light of the dems propensity for making false accusations, as a political tactic?

What if a 14 year old lied and said she was 16 or 17?

What if the dems found a current druggies, and offered her money or fame for lies? Do you put it past them to use such measures?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2017, 07:19:31 pm »
That's hilarious coming from a tyranny-advocate such as yourself that proclaims loudly that homosexual perverts are more moral the biblical Christians.

Your feigned outrage is duly noted and rejected as nothing more than grandstanding hypocrisy - which you are known for on this board.

I've never defended "perverts", homosexual or otherwise.  I've defended homosexual couples who desire to marry and remain faithful to each other.   

You are the one, it appears, ready and willing to defend a pervert (assuming the accusations are true).   
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 07:20:30 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2017, 07:22:54 pm »
Why do you assume guilt?

I haven't "assumed guilt".   But I have read the entire WaPost article.   It is well-sourced and the accused behavior is corroborated by multiple individuals who've come forward on the record.  Sure, the timing suggests it's a political hit.   But if it's true,  McConnell's right - Moore needs to step down.   
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 07:25:08 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2017, 07:44:04 pm »
I haven't "assumed guilt".   But I have read the entire WaPost article.   It is well-sourced and the accused behavior is corroborated by multiple individuals who've come forward on the record.  Sure, the timing suggests it's a political hit.   But if it's true,  McConnell's right - Moore needs to step down.   

Nobody will know with absolute certainty by the election. Are you okay with letting last minute hit jobs, take out candidates?

If it was Kasich, would you be okay with political hit jobs taking him out?

The left feel like they are on a roll, with this tactic. It worked with 'Reilly so they tried it with Hannitty. He fought back. And we hear nothing further.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2017, 07:51:34 pm »
If true, step down. If not true, don't.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Due process, right to face their accusers, Trial by peers, etc....

You know, all that constitutional stuff we hold so dear.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 08:33:52 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2017, 07:54:34 pm »

I rarely agree with you but I'd say you nailed here.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2017, 08:00:21 pm »
Nobody will know with absolute certainty by the election. Are you okay with letting last minute hit jobs, take out candidates?

If it was Kasich, would you be okay with political hit jobs taking him out?

The left feel like they are on a roll, with this tactic. It worked with 'Reilly so they tried it with Hannitty. He fought back. And we hear nothing further.

I'm not "okay" with it - it's political sleaze.   But if it's true (and it sure smells like it is, given the depth of the on-the-record reporting) it will spell Moore's doom in the election.   I'll be honest and say I never liked Moore to begin with, and wanted someone else to get the nomination.   So, yeah, I'm calling for fast action so the GOP can, hopefully, name another candidate.   If I were a Doug Jones supporter,  the first thing I'd cynically do is call on Moore to fight the charges,  and prevent the GOP from acting quickly to replace the candidate.   

Offline jpsb

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2017, 08:05:18 pm »
Why do you assume guilt? Especially in light of the dems propensity for making false accusations, as a political tactic?

What if a 14 year old lied and said she was 16 or 17?

What if the dems found a current druggies, and offered her money or fame for lies? Do you put it past them to use such measures?

Also over 40 years as an elected official and never a hint of a sex scandal until now.
One would think that if Moore chased teenage girls in the 70s he'd chase teenage girls
in the 80s and 90s too. The tiger does not change its' stripes.

I read he is a West Point Grad. It didn't look that up but if so it makes the accusations
even less likely to be true. West Pointers are taught honor. Back in the day honor was
very important to West Point.

Do we really want to give the Rats a winable senate seat for 6 years or maybe even
longer? Hell No!

Offline jpsb

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2017, 08:10:05 pm »
I'm not "okay" with it - it's political sleaze.   But if it's true (and it sure smells like it is, given the depth of the on-the-record reporting) it will spell Moore's doom in the election.   I'll be honest and say I never liked Moore to begin with, and wanted someone else to get the nomination.   So, yeah, I'm calling for fast action so the GOP can, hopefully, name another candidate.   If I were a Doug Jones supporter,  the first thing I'd cynically do is call on Moore to fight the charges,  and prevent the GOP from acting quickly to replace the candidate.

Moore name will be on the ballet, not enough time to change that. If Moore steps aside the Rat will win. Alabama will be represented in the Senate my a Democrat for at least 6 years. That is entirely to high a price to pay.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2017, 08:14:24 pm »
I've never defended "perverts", homosexual or otherwise.  I've defended homosexual couples who desire to marry and remain faithful to each other.

Once again you have illustrated yourself to be a liar in the space of one sentence.  Homosexuality is a perversion and wholly evil. Period.  End of sentence.  You defend perverts and tyrants and liberal-Leftist ideas at every turn on this board, while at the same time publicly advocating the punishment of those Christians who refuse to embrace the perversion and whom refuse to celebrate, serve or do business via promoting deviancy.   Your advocacy of tyranny is well established and known, regardless how many silly and inane attempts you make to justify them.

You lie within a single thought without even realizing it.  You did it on the thread arguing your absurd advocacy of requiring gun owners to obtain federal insurance in order to possess firearms and then called anyone opposing your advocacy to be 'selfish'.  Just like a hardcore Liberal Leftist, you are a grand liar and an obfuscator of what you, yourself state openly when called out on it.   

You are the one, it appears, ready and willing to defend a pervert (assuming the accusations are true).

I've said absolutely nothing in regards to the allegations against Moore outside of what McConnell and the zeitgeist of politicos engaged in destroying political opponents with miraculous decades-old accusations of inappropriate sexual advances.

As Smokin' Joe rightly noted - it appears he turned his life to the Lord shortly before he got married and repented of hitting on young women.  Show us proof he was a serial abuser of young women since then and your desire to hand the seat over to the Democrat will have merit.