Author Topic: Only Federal Reserve Owns More U.S. Federal Debt ($2.5T) Than China ($1.2T)  (Read 991 times)

rangerrebew

Only Federal Reserve Owns More U.S. Federal Debt ($2.5T) Than China ($1.2T)

(CNSNews.com) - Only the Federal Reserve owns more U.S. federal government debt than entities in the People’s Republic of China, according to the latest data released by the Treasury [1] and the Federal Reserve [2].

As of the end of August, according to the Treasury [1], entities in Mainland China owned $1,200,500,000,000 in U.S. Treasury securities.

Source URL: https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/only-federal-reserve-owns-more-us-federal-debt-25t-china-12t

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Of the (current) national of about $20T:

1) Foreign, including China (who holds 6% of our debt) at the top (just above Japan) - $6T
2) Banks, investors, mutual funds ($1.6T, larger than China), pensions, etc - $6T
3) Intragovernment debt (close to half of which being the SSI "trust" "fund") - $5.5T
4) Federal Reserve - $2.5T

SSI is actually the largest individual entity at $2.8T.

This article is rather misleading, as it looks only at sovereign foreign holders and the Fed, while completely ignoring the other 55%.

[Note: item #2 is going to include some foreign holders, though working from memory here the last time I looked most of that was domestic]
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 04:07:38 pm by InHeavenThereIsNoBeer »
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

What a fairy tale.  Having one US govt agency owning debt of another US govt agency owing debt is a collasal shell game.

All that done is changing pockets.   Where did the Fed get the money to lend?  Oh yes, printing it.

It is falsified, like The social security trust fund.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 01:22:35 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

A shell game with no pea.

A lot of folks expect to receive SSI "benefits", because they paid in.  They just want "their" money back.  Sounds fair enough, except they just don't get that the money they paid in is GONE.  Doesn't exist anymore.  It's like if I paid someone for a unicorn, and then I demand my unicorn.  Yes, I paid for it, but that doesn't will it into existence.  Unicorns don't exist, and neither does the lock box.

And they do it right out in the open.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
WE got the 16th and 17th amendments and the Federal Reserve act all in the same year 1913!  It was NOT an accident!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien