Author Topic: Federal judge tosses suit, says FBI did all it could on Clinton emails  (Read 878 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Alex Swoyer - The Washington Times - Thursday, November 9, 2017

A federal judge tossed a lawsuit Thursday that would have pushed the State Department and FBI to do more to try to track down Hillary Clinton’s emails, ruling the government has done all it reasonably could to locate the former secretary of state’s messages.

Two watchdog groups, Judicial Watch and Cause of Action, had sued in 2015 demanding the government recover all of Mrs. Clinton’s emails, saying she violated open-records laws by not preserving her messages.

U.S. District Judge James E. Boasberg, though, said the FBI did what it could, and did manage to recover thousands of messages Mrs. Clinton didn’t return herself.

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/nov/9/federal-judge-fbi-exhausted-search-clinton-emails/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Federal judge tosses suit, says FBI did all it could on Clinton emails
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 01:36:37 am »
Is this a ruling or is he buying life insurance?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 01:39:03 am »
Is this a ruling or is he buying life insurance?

When the Mob and Stalin-wannabes control the entirety of government - what do you think but BOTH?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 06:33:17 am »
Silly me. I thought the failure to archive (and wanton destruction of) communications between the Secretary of State and most anyone was a crime.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 11:07:18 am »
Judge James E. Boasberg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_E._Boasberg

Why am I SO not surprised?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 07:07:21 pm »
Judge James E. Boasberg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_E._Boasberg

Why am I SO not surprised?
On August 22, 2016, Boasberg ordered the release of over 14,000 emails found in the United States Department of State correspondence of Hillary Clinton by the FBI during an investigation of Clinton's private server.[19] These emails were requested by Judicial Watch, a conservative legal group, because the FBI has indicated that emails were work-related and not entirely private as Clinton had previously said.[19]

Next question. Is it the FBI which has to bring charges, or some other agency/entity. If the FBI's purpose is to investigate, but not to bring the actual criminal charge, who has to issue the warrant(s) for the arrest of the people they investigate, and why haven't they done so. Perhaps that is the place to look for misfeasance or nonfeasance.

Clearly, if those official emails came from her private server, they were official communications hosted on a non governmental network.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 07:08:55 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 09:52:24 pm »
Next question. Is it the FBI which has to bring charges, or some other agency/entity. If the FBI's purpose is to investigate, but not to bring the actual criminal charge, who has to issue the warrant(s) for the arrest of the people they investigate, and why haven't they done so. Perhaps that is the place to look for misfeasance or nonfeasance.

Clearly, if those official emails came from her private server, they were official communications hosted on a non governmental network.

I think the person that is supposed to bring charges has recused himself.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 09:56:22 pm »
I think the person that is supposed to bring charges has recused himself.
"She's suffered enough already...", said the former donor....

C S Lewis

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2017, 10:02:42 pm »
"She's suffered enough already...", said the former donor....

Just curious, have you ever heard of the tactic called misdirection?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2017, 10:03:25 pm »

Squirrel!

Offline roamer_1

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2017, 11:28:41 pm »

:bigsilly:

Spend much time in Egypt?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2017, 11:37:15 pm »
As a matter of fact, I have.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,233460.msg1133690.html#msg1133690

Was intended to be a hedge against it, where things like
"Designate China as a currency manipulator."
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/us-china-trade-reform

and http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-as-president-i-would-prosecute-clinton/article/2583925 

were noted.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 11:37:51 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis