Author Topic: Over 100 layoffs expected at ESPN after Thanksgiving, SportsCenter will reportedly be 'hit hard'  (Read 1440 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Over 100 layoffs expected at ESPN after Thanksgiving, SportsCenter will reportedly be 'hit hard'
NY Daily News, Nov 9, 2017, Brett Bodner

Following a year of layoffs, ESPN is expected to have another round after Thanksgiving.

Over 100 staffers could lose their jobs in the layoffs, including positions on the television side, producers, executives and those in digital and technology, according to Sports Illustrated. SportsCenter is expected to be "hit hard" and some on-air talent could be out of a job.

ESPN declined to comment to Sports Illustrated about the looming job cuts.

More: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sports/100-layoffs-expected-espn-thanksgiving-report-article-1.3622304

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

And they still don't get it.

I fully expect they will continue to go further anti-American, political, and far Left. They will keep insulting their audience until they are out of business. They don't care.

Everything they have done and said is that they are perfectly willing to go down with ship. They simply do not care.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline endicom

And they still don't get it.

I fully expect they will continue to go further anti-American, political, and far Left. They will keep insulting their audience until they are out of business. They don't care.

Everything they have done and said is that they are perfectly willing to go down with ship. They simply do not care.

They should care as they have a fiduciary responsibility to shareholders: https://www.lawyers.com/legal-info/business-law/small-business-law/fiduciary-responsibilities-corporations.html

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

They should care as they have a fiduciary responsibility to shareholders: https://www.lawyers.com/legal-info/business-law/small-business-law/fiduciary-responsibilities-corporations.html

To most Leftists 'ideology' is more important to them than anything else. Just look at how many people in Hollywood have totally wrecked their careers by being crazy far-Left. Look at how many news channels have a third of the audience they once had, by being far-Left, anti-American, anti-Christian, zealots, instead of journalists and news reporters. Look how many networks have lost audience by turning into Leftists evangelists and propagandists instead of producing "entertainment". And they don't care. They just keep doing it. In fact, it is getting worse.

We used to have shows like Sonny and Cher, Carol Burnett, and Johnney Carson, which were real actual comedy. They were funny. Today, anything labeled 'comedy' is nothing more than an hour long screed on how bad Trump, and Republicans, and Christians, and White people, all are. It has nothing to do with comedy or being funny. It is all political ideology about how holy and great the Left is, and how horrible the Right is.

With the Left, 'Ideology' is more important than anything. It is more important than religion. And apparently, it is more important even than money or even keeping your job. Which is very weird.

The 'New York Times' is a very good example of what I am talking about.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 01:29:35 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

ESPN  makes it money a this point in time off the NFL(which it is not), and college football(which ends in a couple of short months), then the NBA.  The NBA is a loser as it will not motivate people the way football does.

ESPN will decide its own fate by its own choices on how it handles its audience. Right now it is failing, and failing miserably.

The liberal announcers it employs guarantees a turn-off for Americans.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I'll believe it if they start selling off their ridiculous stockpile of sports rights to other networks.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I like an occasional sports event, but no more NFL for me.

And I don't need 3 blacks and 1 white to explain things to me about the event, with banter.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln