Author Topic: Reason: Rand Paul Endorses Roy Moore in Alabama Senate Race, Annoys Libertarians  (Read 428 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Rand Paul Endorses Roy Moore in Alabama Senate Race, Annoys Libertarians
Brian Doherty|Oct. 17, 2017 7:40 pm

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), who among other labels he's used for himself includes "constitutional conservative," today officially endorsed Republican Alabama Senate candidate, and former state Supreme Court judge, Roy Moore, who likes to describe himself that way as well.

"​Judge Roy Moore has spent a lifetime defending and standing up for the Constitution while fighting for the people of Alabama. We need more people in Washington, D.C. that will stand on principle and defend the Constitution​....I look forward to welcoming him to the Senate very soon," Paul said in his endorsement statement.

Any libertarian should be appalled by Moore, for reasons detailed further below, and by Paul endorsing him.

Read more at: http://reason.com/blog/2017/10/17/rand-paul-endorses-roy-moore-in-alabama

It may be a few weeks old but still worth reading. I don't know if this was posted. I don't think so.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 06:36:25 pm by TomSea »

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
[Moore] is the author of the misnamed 2005 Constitution Restoration Act that would give Congress
the power to remove any judge who refuses to recognize God as the source of America's law. The bill also
seeks to limit the power of the Supreme Court to overrule or punish any state official or judge acting in the
name of God's law and, instead, would impeach the judges who take on such cases.

----Shikha Dalmia, Reason, 4 October 2017.
A man who would come that close to abrogating Article VI, Section 3 of the Constitution is clearly unfit
for public office, never mind to serve in the Senate.

As seems to have been usual, Moore's primary opponent was as useless as was, say, Chris Christie's
lieutenant governor, hence her trouncing in the Jersey gubernatorial race by a Democrat. The Republican
Party has an absolute genius for self destruction.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
As if New Jersey has been a strong red state.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
As if New Jersey has been a strong red state.
No, but it isn't exactly immune to electing Republicans, either. Christie became so poisonous that
his lieutenant governor probably shouldn't have tried making the run for it and the state party
should have sought a viable candidate without the Christie taint. I say again, often as not the
Republican Party has a genius for self-destruction.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

The Republican Party has an absolute genius for self destruction.

That bears repeating. "The Republican Party has an absolute genius for self destruction."

Moore has made a lifetime of his political ambitions.  Personally I liked my girls older than 14.

When I was 19, I married a 17 year old, and remain so to this day. And 50 yrs in Jan 2018, it will be.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln