Author Topic: Border Patrol losing agents faster than it can hire them  (Read 426 times)

rangerrebew

Border Patrol losing agents faster than it can hire them
« on: November 09, 2017, 04:03:04 pm »

By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Wednesday, November 8, 2017

The U.S. Border Patrol is losing agents faster than it can hire them, according to a new audit released Wednesday that said competition with other federal law enforcement and the difficulty of passing a polygraph test have sapped the agency of nearly 2,000 agents it’s supposed to have.

More than 900 agents leave each year on average but the Border Patrol only hires an average of 523 a year, the Government Accountability Office said in a broad survey of staffing and deployment challenges at the key border law enforcement agency.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...can-hire-them/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Border Patrol losing agents faster than it can hire them
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 04:04:38 pm »

By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Wednesday, November 8, 2017

The U.S. Border Patrol is losing agents faster than it can hire them, according to a new audit released Wednesday that said competition with other federal law enforcement and the difficulty of passing a polygraph test have sapped the agency of nearly 2,000 agents it’s supposed to have.

More than 900 agents leave each year on average but the Border Patrol only hires an average of 523 a year, the Government Accountability Office said in a broad survey of staffing and deployment challenges at the key border law enforcement agency.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...can-hire-them/

I'll take quality over quantity every single time!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Border Patrol losing agents faster than it can hire them
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 01:34:22 am »
Build the wall.

Fewer agents required.

(But keep as many as possible working, anyway!)