Author Topic: Judge rules DACA recipients have due process rights  (Read 254 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Judge rules DACA recipients have due process rights
« on: November 09, 2017, 02:24:06 pm »
Illegal immigrant Dreamers who were granted protections under the Obama-era DACA deportation amnesty are entitled to due process rights when the government tried to revoke their status, a federal judge ruled Wednesday.
The case involves 24-year-old Daniel Ramirez Medina, who was snared by immigration agents who came to arrest his illegal immigrant father, but also picked up Mr. Medina when they believed he was a gang member.
His legal case is one of a number of challenges by Dreamers who say the Trump administration has been arbitrary in trying to revoke their protections from the DACA program.
The administration has argued immigration decisions concerning illegal immigrants cannot be challenged in regular courts, saying the law gives agents broad discretion to decide whom to exclude or deport.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/nov/9/judge-rules-daca-recipients-have-due-process-right/
So the judicial argues that the Executive can decrees rights to illegals, but cannot take away  those same rights.

How many ways is this wrong?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Judge rules DACA recipients have due process rights
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 02:32:36 pm »
So the judicial argues that the Executive can decrees rights to illegals, but cannot take away  those same rights.

How many ways is this wrong?

VERY many! But it's not going to ever stop until the ONLY people who can, the congress, reins in the far out of bounds members of the judiciary!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien