Author Topic: Papa Bush and Shrub secretly furious about election 2016  (Read 336 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Papa Bush and Shrub secretly furious about election 2016
« on: November 09, 2017, 04:28:07 am »
Papa Bush and Shrub secretly furious about election 2016
Washington Times, Nov 7, 2017, Joseph Curl

<snip>

Said Updegrove: “George W. Bush himself said in 2016 privately, and then to me, that ‘You know, I fear that I will be the last Republican president.’ And it wasn’t just about Hillary Clinton becoming president, as the Republican Party was having a difficult time finding itself. It was because Donald Trump represented everything that the Bushes abhorred,” the author told CNN.

In the first chapter, George W. Bush calls the notion that he was the “prodigal son,” a reference to a wayward son in the Bible, “bullshit.” And in a 2012 interview with Mr. Updegrove, Mr. Bush told the historian he “chased a lot of pu**y and drank a lot of whiskey” as a young man, but added, “I was never the prodigal son because I never left my family.”

George Jr., by the way, also wanted to set the record straight. He said Vice President Dick Cheney and Defense Secretary Don Rumsfeld, “didn’t make one f*cking decision” while he was president.

So much for stoic elder statesmen.

More: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/nov/7/george-hw-bush-george-w-bush-bash-donald-trump/

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Papa Bush and Shrub secretly furious about election 2016
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 04:33:59 am »
Failed bitter old men being bitter. What's new.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 05:36:46 am »
If W hadn't been such a bleep up, he wouldn't have had to worry about being the last republican president.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 04:25:36 pm »
If W hadn't been such a bleep up, he wouldn't have had to worry about being the last republican president.

OTOH, I've been publicly furious (at myself) for defending these two up to November 2006. I wasn't a big fan of Rumsfeld, but he took the fall for Dubya, who then was pure lame duck during his last two years in office.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 04:53:54 pm »
"Secretly"?  What's been a secret about it?  Those two have been letting everyone see their displeasure at Hillary losing.
Let it burn.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 04:55:18 pm »
Ahhhh the insistence of the blood-right of kings and dynasty is very much alive in the Ruling Class of Oligarchs in this country isn't it?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775