Author Topic: 10 Things You Need To Know About Democrats SHELLACKING Republicans In Virginia ... And What It Means For 2018  (Read 564 times)

Silver Pines

10 Things You Need To Know About Democrats SHELLACKING Republicans In Virginia ... And What It Means For 2018

By Ben Shapiro
November 7, 2017

On Tuesday evening, despite polls showing a narrowing gubernatorial race between Democrat Ralph Northam and Republican Ed Gillespie in the days leading up to the election, Northam pulled off a massive victory — and more importantly, Democrats across the state trounced Republicans, putting control of the heretofore Republican-dominated House in question. Democrats have already picked up 10 seats in the statehouse and could easily pick up another seven, flipping the legislature. Meanwhile, they picked up seats in the Washington state senate, the governor’s mansion in New Jersey, and two Georgia House seats, as well as expanding Medicaid in Maine, among other gains.

Ouch.

Here are 10 things you need to know:

Read more at:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/23303/10-things-you-need-know-about-democrats-ben-shapiro

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
From the article:

8. Trumpism Doesn’t Exist. The person hardest hit by Gillespie’s loss is actually Steve Bannon.
Bannon had been trying to take credit for Gillespie’s poll rise, stating that Gillespie had embraced Trumpian
politics. After Northam’s blowout, however, Breitbart suddenly flipped and insisted that Gillespie was a
 “Republican swamp thing.” All of this is nonsense. Trumpism isn’t a movement. Trump isn’t a movement.
Trump is Trump, and there are many people who like him. It’s that simple. You can’t imitate Trump’s
positions and hope to channel his popularity — even Trump doesn’t know his positions. You can’t even
mimic his aggression and hope to channel his popularity — Trump has a certain draw that virtually no
one else does. The notion that Gillespie lost because he wasn’t adherent to Trumpism is a Bannon creation
— and Bannon has a stake in that creation because Bannon wants to represent Trumpism sans Trump.
But Trumpism sans Trump is a figment of the media’s imagination. There is no evidence for its existence
whatsoever, which is why Bannon runs around the country picking candidates with no unifying agenda
other than that Bannon can call them “anti-establishment.”

And . . .

10. Trump Only Cares About His Personal Power And Image. Before the election, Trump touted
Gillespie. Then, just as he did after Luther Strange lost his Senate primary in Alabama, Trump dumped
Gillespie under the bus, blaming his loss on his failures to kiss the ring . . .

. . . This is a problem for a variety of reasons. First off, cultivating a cult of personality built around one
man bodes ill for a national party — ask the Democrats who kept worshipping Obama as they lost 1,000
legislative seats across the country. Second, Trump’s willingness to dump on his own candidates could
lead Republicans to stay home for those candidates — and that’s actually in Trump’s interest. If he thinks
he’s going to take a serious loss in 2018, he can rip Republicans and then blame them for losing, stating
that they failed to properly pay homage to him.

It’s easy to overread a single election night; it’s also possible things will change radically before 2018.
But if the 2018 elections were held next week, Republicans would be rightly preparing for disaster.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline DB

Chaos isn't an effective way to govern.

Add intense narcissism and it's going to be a long three more years...

Offline Concerned

I'm afraid #10 is going to haunt the Republican Party for years:

"10. Trump Only Cares About His Personal Power And Image. Before the election, Trump touted Gillespie. Then, just as he did after Luther Strange lost his Senate primary in Alabama, Trump dumped Gillespie under the bus, blaming his loss on his failures to kiss the ring:

Donald J. Trump ✔@realDonaldTrump
Ed Gillespie worked hard but did not embrace me or what I stand for. Don’t forget, Republicans won 4 out of 4 House seats, and with the economy doing record numbers, we will continue to win, even bigger than before!
8:40 PM - Nov 7, 2017
 51,422 51,422 Replies   18,278 18,278 Retweets   74,854 74,854 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy

This is a problem for a variety of reasons. First off, cultivating a cult of personality built around one man bodes ill for a national party — ask the Democrats who kept worshipping Obama as they lost 1,000 legislative seats across the country. Second, Trump’s willingness to dump on his own candidates could lead Republicans to stay home for those candidates — and that’s actually in Trump’s interest. If he thinks he’s going to take a serious loss in 2018, he can rip Republicans and then blame them for losing, stating that they failed to properly pay homage to him."
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Courage, folks.

We knew Virginia was tilting left for years, now it's apparently toppled over.
Adieu.

New Jersey was a foregone conclusion. Republicans winning there are the exception, rather than the rule.

Regarding the Medicaid vote results from Maine:
The legislature had tried FOUR TIMES previously to push this through, and governor LePage vetoed it each time. He did as much as he could.
If it's what the good citizens of Maine want, then I hope they get it good and hard.

Let's wait four more weeks and see how Roy Moore does down Alabama way.

Offline Frank Cannon

Some more nothing from Ben. A bunch of Leftists states acted Lefty. What a revelation.

Can anyone tell me how it is Donny's fault that the state parties in NJ and VA selected the absolute shittiest garbage candidates since Linden Larouche?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Courage, folks.

We knew Virginia was tilting left for years, now it's apparently toppled over.
Adieu.

New Jersey was a foregone conclusion. Republicans winning there are the exception, rather than the rule.

Regarding the Medicaid vote results from Maine:
The legislature had tried FOUR TIMES previously to push this through, and governor LePage vetoed it each time. He did as much as he could.
If it's what the good citizens of Maine want, then I hope they get it good and hard.

Let's wait four more weeks and see how Roy Moore does down Alabama way.
That anti-Gillespie ad was a raw piece of work, and immediately labelled anyone in VIRGINIA! who had Confederate relatives and was concerned about the preservation of history a rabid racist. That perpetuates divisive myths on so many levels to keep minorities which never had a dog in that fight (WoNA) on the Dem plantation--even the Muslims.
Stupid Democrats want some sort of 'Race War' so bad they can taste it. The fools are playing with firecrackers in a powder magazine.

(The odd part is that if I saw a group that diverse take off running away that hard, I'd wonder what they were up to and maybe check it out...and odds are police would, too).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis