Author Topic: NBC Hails Rolling Stone as ‘Cultural Bible’ Advancing Liberal Causes  (Read 526 times)

rangerrebew

NBC Hails Rolling Stone as ‘Cultural Bible’ Advancing Liberal Causes
By Kyle Drennen | November 7, 2017 3:52 PM EST

In a friendly softball interview with Rolling Stone founder Jann Wenner for Tuesday’s NBC Today, co-host Matt Lauer celebrated the liberal magazine’s 50th anniversary: “For five decades, Rolling Stone magazine has been the home of the cool, the groundbreaking and the controversial....its influence has stretched into pop culture, entertainment, and politics, ultimately becoming the cultural bible for baby boomers.”

Source URL: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kyle-drennen/2017/11/07/nbc-hails-rolling-stone-cultural-bible-advancing-liberal-causes

Offline LMAO

Re: NBC Hails Rolling Stone as ‘Cultural Bible’ Advancing Liberal Causes
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 02:48:21 pm »
No mention of them being sued last year for libel with malicious intent
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 10:47:18 pm »
Actually when it is representative of that type of Culture" I believe it's called a Necronomicon , not BIBLE.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 10:56:25 pm »
Actually when it is representative of that type of Culture" I believe it's called a Necronomicon , not BIBLE.

klaatu verata nicto.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 11:23:05 pm »
Wow. Everything Matty said about that low circulation rag is the exact opposite of the truth. Can anyone show me a Baby Boomer who had a subscription to that past 1980? Some cultural bible.

The cultural bible for Boomers, if there was one, was National Lampoon.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 11:27:23 pm »
Wow. Everything Matty said about that low circulation rag is the exact opposite of the truth. Can anyone show me a Baby Boomer who had a subscription to that past 1980? Some cultural bible.

it all depended upon one's level of cultural sophistication.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 11:28:30 pm »

Yeah, I really missed that mag.  I had a subscription while they were still a Monthly.  I got the complete works on a DVD set.  PJ O'Rourke was great there.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2017, 12:22:58 am »
Yeah, I really missed that mag.  I had a subscription while they were still a Monthly.  I got the complete works on a DVD set.  PJ O'Rourke was great there.

Rolling Stone has not been culturally relevant since the 1970s left them behind in a cloud of smoke and confusion.

National Lampoon
always had better writers and an endearingly dirty, down-to-earth sense of humor utterly lacking among those faux-hipster, urbanite poofters at the Stone.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn