Author Topic: Alan Keyes: A year after victory: Jury's still out on Trump  (Read 499 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Alan Keyes: A year after victory: Jury's still out on Trump
« on: November 07, 2017, 01:48:22 pm »
A year after victory: Jury's still out on Trump

By Alan Keyes

It has now been a year since Donald Trump won the 2016 presidential election. Though I long supported many of the policies he eventually claimed as his own during his campaign, I was not one of the Trumpeters, confidently proclaiming that he was the changed man, chosen of God to "make America great again." His life's record, and his personally uncivil campaign "style," compelled me to conclude that his forays into conservative rhetoric would likely prove to be just that, rhetorical. Don't get me wrong, however. This wasn't at all about his frank articulation of tough policies upsetting America's foes, or weak-willed friends.

I've learned from much personal experience on the receiving end of such criticisms that, more often than not, they are a tactical ploy meant to discourage people from presenting pro-American policies with the passion and conviction needed to rally enthusiastic support. In my experience, that rallying effect first led the elitist faction's media minions to do everything they could to exclude me from participation. During my first campaign for the GOP presidential nomination, in 1996, they went so far as to have me arrested for showing up for a debate in Atlanta, despite the fact that the Georgia GOP had formally invited me to participate.

Continued at: http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/keyes/171107

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Alan Keyes: A year after victory: Jury's still out on Trump
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 02:34:48 am »
Memo to Mr. Keyes:

The jury isn't there anymore.
They deadlocked, disbanded, and then went home.

Some put on their "MAGA" hats as they left the courthouse.

Others unfurled their antifa flags while clutching their democrat-communist membership cards..

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 02:42:50 am »
Memo to Mr. Keyes:

The jury isn't there anymore.
They deadlocked, disbanded, and then went home.

Some put on their "MAGA" hats as they left the courthouse.

Others unfurled their antifa flags while clutching their democrat-communist membership cards..
And still others who had the choice to do so voted "none of the above"/"none of these candidates."

p.s. Mr. Keyes, if it hadn't been for your sorry carpetbagging ass Barack Obama would have
been nothing more than a rumour in that Senate election.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 11:24:17 am »
And still others who had the choice to do so voted "none of the above"/"none of these candidates."

p.s. Mr. Keyes, if it hadn't been for your sorry carpetbagging ass Barack Obama would have
been nothing more than a rumour in that Senate election.
If it hadn't been for Keyes, Obama would have run unopposed.
State Senator Barack Obama won the Democratic primary and Jack Ryan won the Republican primary. Three months later, Ryan announced his withdrawal from the race four days after the Chicago Tribune persuaded a California court to release child custody records.

Six weeks later, the Illinois Republican State Central Committee chose former Diplomat Alan Keyes to replace Ryan as the Republican candidate. The election was the first for the U.S. Senate in which both major party candidates were African American. Obama's 43% margin of victory was the largest in the state history of U.S. Senate elections. The inequality in the candidates spending for the fall elections – $14,244,768 by Obama and $2,545,325 by Keyes – is also among the largest in history in both absolute and relative terms.[1]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_Illinois,_2004
How long between the Primary and the general, there? Four and a half of those months were gone when Keyes was chosen to replace Ryan. That's fully half of the time from the primaries to the general, with no pre-primary runup. Media dirty tricks and a flawed initial candidate are what cost the election (that, and the fix was in). Obama had been groomed for over a decade before he ran for office.
Lots of hardcore GOP backing there, too, with 1/7th of the opposition budget.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 11:25:32 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 05:40:18 pm »
If it hadn't been for Keyes, Obama would have run unopposed. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_Illinois,_2004
How long between the Primary and the general, there? Four and a half of those months were gone when Keyes was chosen to replace Ryan. That's fully half of the time from the primaries to the general, with no pre-primary runup. Media dirty tricks and a flawed initial candidate are what cost the election (that, and the fix was in). Obama had been groomed for over a decade before he ran for office.
Lots of hardcore GOP backing there, too, with 1/7th of the opposition budget.
Then it tells you something about the Illinois Republican Party as well---they were
(and might still be, for all I know) a disaster, if they couldn't find anyone else credible
in-state to run than Ryan, never mind Keyes.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.