Author Topic: Marco Rubio: Tax Reform Should Help American Families  (Read 155 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Marco Rubio: Tax Reform Should Help American Families
« on: November 07, 2017, 01:34:16 pm »
Opinion | Marco Rubio: Tax Reform Should Help American Families
Marco Rubio

Having kids is one of life’s greatest experiences. It’s also expensive. Between school supplies and summer camps, sports and doctor’s visits, raising children increasingly takes more and more money. I should know — my wife, Jeanette, and I have four. We’ve been blessed in recent years, but I know what it’s like to start a family and struggle to make ends meet. My parents were immigrants who came to America with virtually nothing, and after I finished law school, I owed more than $100,000 in student loans.

There’s a reason many people feel it’s harder to afford children now than in previous generations. It’s true. According to federal data adjusted for inflation, from 1960 to 2015 the average annual cost of raising a child in a middle-income family rose by over $11,000. It’s now estimated that middle-class parents will spend more than $230,000 over the course of their son or daughter’s childhood — and that doesn’t even include college tuition.

Read more at: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/05/opinion/marco-rubio-tax-reform.html