Author Topic: Justice Department asks Supreme Court to hear illegal immigrant abortion case  (Read 334 times)

rangerrebew

Justice Department asks Supreme Court to hear illegal immigrant abortion case
by Kelly Cohen | Nov 3, 2017, 10:04 AM

The Department of Justice on Friday asked the U.S. Supreme Court to hear a case involving the 17-year-old undocumented immigrant detainee who received an abortion last month after a weeks-long legal battle with the Trump administration, and to discipline the attorneys who represented her.

The Justice Department filed a petition for a writ of certiorari with the Supreme Court this week, saying “Jane Doe’s” American Civil Liberties Union attorneys “misled” on the timing of the abortion.

“After informing Justice Department attorneys that the procedure would occur on October 26th, Jane Doe’s attorneys scheduled the abortion for the early morning hours of October 25th, thereby thwarting Supreme Court review,” Justice Department spokesman Devin O’Malley said Friday.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/justice-department-asks-supreme-court-to-hear-illegal-immigrant-abortion-case/article/2639534
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 01:53:46 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I hope they wind up getting those ACLU lawyers disbarred!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien