Author Topic: Gothamist and DNAInfo Vote to Unionize – Are Immediately Shut Down  (Read 920 times)

rangerrebew

Gothamist and DNAInfo Vote to Unionize – Are Immediately Shut Down
November 3, 2017 by Jim Hoft 11 Comments

Sometimes life comes at you fast and hits you hard.

Last week DNAInfo and Gothamist reporters voted to unionize in New York City.

They were very excited about their vote.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/11/gothamist-dnainfo-vote-unionize-immediately-shut/

Offline Applewood

Re: Gothamist and DNAInfo Vote to Unionize – Are Immediately Shut Down
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 09:19:13 pm »
Oh well.

Never understood the need for unions.  Worked 35 years very well without one. My arrangement with my employers was simple:  Do the job, get paid.  Don't do the job, get fired.  Sounds reasonable to me. 

Too many people have class envy.  They look upon their employers as rich and their whole objective in life is to extort as much as they can from "the rich" while doing as little work as possible. 

Sure, some employers are SOBs and I worked for a few, but most are decent.  If you're a good worker, they want to keep you.  So they will do what they can to reward you well if you do a good job.

So really -- what's the point of unions? 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Gothamist and DNAInfo Vote to Unionize – Are Immediately Shut Down
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 09:34:44 pm »
Oh well.

Never understood the need for unions.  Worked 35 years very well without one. My arrangement with my employers was simple:  Do the job, get paid.  Don't do the job, get fired.  Sounds reasonable to me. 

Too many people have class envy.  They look upon their employers as rich and their whole objective in life is to extort as much as they can from "the rich" while doing as little work as possible. 

Sure, some employers are SOBs and I worked for a few, but most are decent.  If you're a good worker, they want to keep you.  So they will do what they can to reward you well if you do a good job.

So really -- what's the point of unions?
Plenty of point to the Trade Unions like IBEW.  They have apprentice and schooling programs, then provide a job board for the electricians, plumbers etc once they become skilled Journeymen.  I don't have a lot of use for the other unions, like public employee or United Auto Workers though.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: