Author Topic: Cable companies freak out after 1 million cut cord in 3 months  (Read 1295 times)

Online kevindavis007

Cable companies freak out after 1 million cut cord in 3 months
« on: November 01, 2017, 08:46:59 pm »

Cord-cutting, or at least the speed at which people are ditching pay TV, is on track to be the biggest upset of the year. There’s finally a collection of cheap-ish streaming services widely available, and as you’d imagine, people are jumping ship from cable as fast as humanly possible.

The latest bad data points come from the Q3 earnings of all the big cable companies, which are mostly now public. DSLReports added up the damage, and it makes for bad reading if you’re a cable company exec.

Read More: http://nypost.com/2017/11/01/cable-companies-freak-out-after-1-million-cut-cord-in-3-months/

Good News!!!
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Cable companies freak out after 1 million cut cord in 3 months
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 08:58:53 pm »
"Cheapish" streaming devices have been around for a few years.

It took awhile for me to get one, use it for a few years, and then convince my wife and daughter to "let go" of the cable.

They both did so, and the entire process was remarkably just fine. We do have normal olde fashioned OTA antenna television, which is bringing a lot of content they watch.

Get a Roku, give it a try. Netflix is only about $10 per month. Or Amazon for about $8 per month.

SlingTV, DirectTVNow and YoutubeTV all offer multiple channels. I pay $25 for SlingTV plus Netflix and Amazon.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 09:14:16 pm »
No tears from me for the cable companies.  They deserve it. 

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 11:58:24 pm »
ha ha this is great.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 12:06:24 am »
No tears from me for the cable companies.  They deserve it.

How dare you. Without the cable companies and their bundling programs people like Bill Mahar, Chris Matthews and Kate Gosslin would lose their jobs because of no revenues for their low rated shows. That would be terrible!

Offline Concerned

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 12:38:11 am »
I doubt if Comcast (my cable company) is "freaking" out all that much:

"Comcast released its Q3 earnings on October 26. Comcast’s consolidated revenues declined marginally by 1.6% y-o-y to around $21 billion as last year’s quarterly revenues were buoyed by the broadcast of the Rio Olympics. Excluding revenues from the Rio Olympics telecast, Comcast’s consolidated revenues grew by 5.8%. Additionally, adjusted EBITDA grew by 5% y-o-y to $7.18 billion."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2017/10/27/comcasts-outlook-remains-solid-despite-revenue-decline/#4c0bd43d2cbe
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.