Author Topic: Is Democratic Republic of Congo at risk of falling into the hands of extremists?  (Read 238 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Is Democratic Republic of Congo at risk of falling into the hands of extremists?
Be careful what you wish for…Saddam was not a nice guy either, and we got ISIS

The Washington Times http://www.washingtontimes.com
By L. Todd Wood - - Sunday, October 29, 2017

We’ve had a lot of experience over the last few decades - haven’t we? I’m talking about experience in removing dictators, trying to build nations, and long-term, bloody, expensive wars… This is the consequence of Western hubris. The problem is, we haven’t learned a thing. Wait, let me rephrase that, I mean certain people have not learned a thing, like the globalists and hawkish, militaristic conservatives, which some would call neocons. I hate the word because it reeks of Leftist arrogance, but you understand who I’m talking about. You remember don’t you, those who wanted to spread democracy in the Middle East? How’s that working out for us?

It would seem to me that the one lesson we could learn from the Middle East and Central Asia in particular is that we cannot allow nations to become failed states, where war lords fight for territory and lawlessness prevails. We cannot allow havens for terrorism to develop to plan attacks against the homeland. In other words, has the foreign policy of the United States under Bush and Obama been disastrous for the American people? Thousands of war dead and trillions of dollars later, I would argue—yes. Are we better off now in the Levant and the Fertile Crescent than we were at the turn of the century? No, we are not. The practice of regime change in favor of mythical democracies, or better yet under Obama and the so-called ‘Arab Spring’, allowing the Muslim Brotherhood to come to power, has not worked out very well for America. ...

Read more at: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/oct/29/democratic-republic-congo-risk-falling-hands-extre/

Analysis; but there is no way we will be sending troops somewhere like this unless, they are part of an Islamic terrorist network... which for the most part, the troublemakers are not. I did read there may be a little of that there. Double-check it.