Author Topic: World Series Game Six---Live Thread  (Read 1407 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
World Series Game Six---Live Thread
« on: November 01, 2017, 12:40:27 am »
Tomorrow---hell freezes over!

Because tonight . . . no score after an inning! (I know, I'm a little shocked too, all things considered . . .)

First inning: the Astros wasted a one-out hit by Alex Bregman; the Dodgers went in order . . .
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 12:41:17 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline EasyAce

Re: World Series Game Six---Live Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 12:44:41 am »
Three up, three down for the Astros, both starting pitchers (Justin Verlander, Rick Hill) looking very
sharp tonight. No score, middle two.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 01:02:29 am »
The Dodgers get a one-out single from Yasiel Puig and strand him; Verlander still sharp but
the Dodger hitters beginning to work counts on him. No score after two full . . .

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 01:06:27 am »
George Springer hits one the other way, high and deep to right, Puig going back, she is
gonnnnnnnnnnnne, goodbye! 1-0, Astros with two out the top of the third . . . that's
all they'll get.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 01:11:17 am by EasyAce »

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 01:16:21 am »
Three up, three down for the Dodgers. Verlander has thrown ten consecutive first pitch
strikes, he's sharp as a samurai sword tonight. 1-0, Astros after three . . .

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 01:24:20 am »
Three up, three down for the Astros, but they still lead 1-0, middle four . . .

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 01:34:14 am »
Three up, three down for the Dodgers, seven punchouts for Verlander so far, 1-0 Astros after four . . .

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 01:45:36 am »
Second and third for the Astros, top of the fifth, then Rich Hill strikes out Reddick and Verlander back-to-back
and puts Springer aboard to load the pads and set up the force . . . and Dodger manager Dave
Roberts rolls the dice, lifts Hill, and brings in Brandon Morrow . . . fasten your seat belts, kiddies . . .
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 01:46:42 am by EasyAce »

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2017, 01:48:17 am »
. . . and Alex Bregman grounds up the middle, Seager over to get it and throw him out,
the side retired, the Dodgers escape a second-and-third/nobody out disaster in the making!
1-0, Astros, middle five . . .

Online corbe

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2017, 01:49:41 am »
  I'll defer to your updates @EasyAce mine suck and I'm watching the same game, apparently in an alternate universe.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2017, 01:56:48 am »
Verlander's certainly living up to his reputation.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2017, 01:56:48 am »
Three up, three down for the Dodgers, still 1-0 Astros after five . . .

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2017, 02:08:24 am »
The Dodgers go to the pen in a double switch with a man on and two out in the top of the sixth
. . . lefty Tony Watson to pitch to lefty swinger Brian McCann, and Chase Utley out to play second,
dubious double switch considering Logan Forsythe is hitting well in the postseason . . . I get
the idea of turning Marwin Gonzalez around to his weaker side if he comes up . . . and he will,
McCann was plunked, but this is still a questionable move by Roberts, with Morrow pitching well
so far and normally very tough on lefthanded hitters . . .
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 02:14:17 am by EasyAce »

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2017, 02:13:45 am »
Marwin Gonzalez hits a bullet and Chase Utley was right there near the pad to catch it for
the third out. The Dodgers play with fire again and escape unscathed for now. 1-0, Astros, middle six . . .

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2017, 02:23:16 am »
I'm going to say something uncharacteristically girlie here....

Chris Taylor has very nice eyes.  888heartkitty

(But I hope he strikes out).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2017, 02:25:49 am »
Two on, nobody out on Verlander, and Chris Taylor inside-outs the ball punching it down the right
field line, base hit, Austin Barnes around to score, Chase Utley (HBP) stops at third, the game is tied
at one with nobody out in the bottom of the fifth . . .

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2017, 02:28:24 am »
Corey Seager sends Josh Reddick back to the fence to catch it, Chase Utley tags
and scores, 2-1, Dodgers, Taylor to third with one out in the bottom of the fifth . . .
Joe Musgrove warming up for the Dodgers . . .
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 02:28:53 am by EasyAce »

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2017, 02:33:37 am »
Bellinger strikes out swinging, side retired, but it's 2-1 Dodgers after six, and with
Verlander due to hit second in the top of the seventh his night could be over . . .
he did everything he could and was sharper than a meat cleaver in his first five . . .

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2017, 02:42:06 am »
Leadoff walk for the Astros and Evan Gattis pinch hits for Verlander with Kenta Maeda in the game
for the Dodgers, top of the seventh . . .

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2017, 02:49:23 am »
Verlander has looked sharp all season...up to the 6th inning. He gets his pitch count up by the 5th, as opposed to the 7th a couple seasons ago.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2017, 02:53:28 am »
I'll just use my game notes here . . .

Josh Reddick---looks at a strike; two balls to him; ball three; ball four and the Astros have the leadoff runner
on. Maeda up in the pen for the third time. Kenta Maeda now in the game for the Dodgers. Evan Gattis pinch
hits for Justin Verlander---ball one to him; ball two low and away; looks at a strike on the outside corner;
Barnes and Utley to the mound to talk to Maeda; swinging strike two; and a grounder to short, not hit hard,
Seager to Utley for one at second with Reddick sliding in hard, throw to first, close but Gattis is safe, but it's
a big out for the Dodgers. George Springer---strike called, slider at the knees; ball low, fastball at 94;
grounder to the hole, off Seager's diving glove into shallow left, base hit and Gattis to second. Two on,
one out, Derek Fisher pinch runs for Evan Gattis. Alex Bregman---ball one misses low and away, bouncing
and Barnes deflected it to the dirt, Maeda is pitching on fumes now, between his workload before now
and the three warmup sessions he had before coming in. And Alex Wood is warming up in the pen. Bregman
flies out to center, Fisher tags and moves to third, Springer stays on first. Jose Altuve---AL batting champion
but 0-for-3 tonight so far---fouls one off; ball one inside to him; fouls another off, 1-2 to him; grounder to
third, Turner has it and Bellinger digs out the throw for the side, and the Dodgers escape another jam. 2-1,
Dodgers, middle seven.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2017, 02:54:50 am »
Verlander has looked sharp all season...up to the 6th inning. He gets his pitch count up by the 5th, as opposed to the 7th a couple seasons ago.
Clearly manager A.J. Hinch hoped Verlander could get him through the seventh and give that tired Astros
pen a break.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 02:55:45 am by EasyAce »

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2017, 03:01:14 am »
Deep to left and she is gonnnnnnnnnnne! Joc Pederson, opposite field bomb with one out,
third bomb of the Series, this one off Joe Musgrove, and it's 3-1, Dodgers, bottom of the seventh . . .

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2017, 03:04:53 am »
Andre Ethier, pinch hit flare out to left; Austin Barnes, called out on strikes, the inning over but
the Dodgers lead 3-1 after seven . . .

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2017, 03:12:56 am »
Roberts rolling the dice asking Kenley Jansen for another try at a six-out save . . .
seven pitches, three outs, 3-1 Dodgers, middle seven, but the question becomes: if
Jansen finishes this game, will he be gassed if it gets to Game Seven?