Author Topic: Surprise! The Economy Is Beating Forecasts Again  (Read 1437 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Surprise! The Economy Is Beating Forecasts Again
« on: October 31, 2017, 04:09:38 pm »
https://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2017/10/31/surprise-the-economy-is-beating-forecasts-again/

The U.S. economy is outpacing expectations for the first time since April. What that means for the stock rally is a matter of debate.

Citigroup U.S. Economic Surprise Index, a widely-used tool used to gauge how economic data matches up to expectations, has risen to its highest level since April in recent weeks. As The Wall Street Journal’s Morning MoneyBeat newsletter noted Tuesday, a number of better-than-expected readings on the economy–from third-quarter gross-domestic product to manufacturing activity–helped pull the index out of negative territory in October for the first time since spring.

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Surprise! The Economy Is Beating Forecasts Again
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 04:18:11 pm »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 04:25:01 pm »

How about that new Donny pic? I found one that fills the screen for some of the oldsters here who have trouble seeing.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 04:26:52 pm »
How about that new Donny pic? I found one that fills the screen for some of the oldsters here who have trouble seeing.

Like I said on the other thread, I like the portrait.  They did a great job with the color correction on his skin tone.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 04:31:02 pm »
Like I said on the other thread, I like the portrait.  They did a great job with the color correction on his skin tone.

That's all natural. He only does orange during the summer. Around Christmas he does green

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 04:32:54 pm »
That's all natural. He only does orange during the summer. Around Christmas he does green

Hah, and staples antlers to the WH dog?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 04:36:44 pm »
Hah, and staples antlers to the WH dog?

I think her name is Ivanka.