Author Topic: Japanese firm gives non-smokers extra six days holiday to compensate for cigarette breaks  (Read 768 times)

Offline Suppressed

Japanese firm gives non-smokers extra six days holiday to compensate for cigarette breaks
Company based on 29th floor of Tokyo office block says every break lasts at least 15 minutes
Chloe Farand 4 hours ago
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/japanese-firm-piala-inc-tokyo-non-smokers-extra-six-days-holiday-cigarette-break-a8028541.html

A Japanese company is granting its non-smoking staff an additional six days of holiday a year to make up for the time off smokers take for cigarette breaks.

Marketing firm Piala Inc introduced the new paid leave allowance in September after non-smokers complained they were working more than their colleagues who smoked.

[...]

Excerpt.  Read more at link.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

But the proposal is likely to encounter strong opposition from pro-smoking politicians, restaurateurs and cigarette manufacturing giant Japan Tobacco, which is one third government-owned and paid the state $700m in dividends in 2015.

Well considering how screwed up Abe has the economy, there is no way in hell they are ever giving up that smoking money.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Here in the savage US, everybody gets breaks whether they smoke or not, it's the law in many places.  If the non-smokers are working without breaks, that's where I'd fix things if I were the Japs.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: