Author Topic: Long road to recovery for Northern California after wildfires  (Read 1075 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Long road to recovery for Northern California after wildfires
« on: October 31, 2017, 08:12:40 am »

Kathleen Ronayne

It will take at least months and likely years to fully recover from devastating wildfires that ripped through Northern California earlier this month, destroying at least 8,900 structures and killing 42 people, Sonoma County officials said Saturday.

"We don't control these things, and it makes you realize how small you are in the world when something like this happens," Sonoma County Sheriff Rob Giordano said. "I don't think we understand the level at which it is going to impact lives, and the community will be different."

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2017/1030/Long-road-to-recovery-for-Northern-California-after-wildfires
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome