Author Topic: California prisoners could vote under new measure  (Read 1183 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

California prisoners could vote under new measure
« on: October 31, 2017, 07:37:07 am »
BY CHRISTOPHER CADELAGO

California would allow prisoners to vote under a proposed new statewide initiative.

Secretary of State Alex Padilla on Monday informed proponents they can begin gathering signatures for the November 2018 ballot initiative that would eliminate restrictions on preregistering to vote. The proposal also would lift the state’s ban for those on felony parole.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article181777976.html
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: California prisoners could vote under new measure
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 07:37:55 am »
Another stupid idea from Sacramento.
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome