Author Topic: Judge: Bergdahl to get fair sentence, despite Trump remarks  (Read 262 times)

rangerrebew

Judge: Bergdahl to get fair sentence, despite Trump remarks
« on: October 30, 2017, 04:24:23 pm »
Judge: Bergdahl to get fair sentence, despite Trump remarks
By: Jonathan Drew, The Associated Press   52 minutes ago

FORT BRAGG, N.C. — President Donald Trump’s scathing criticism of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl will not prevent the soldier from receiving a fair sentence for endangering comrades by walking off his post in Afghanistan in 2009, a judge ruled Monday.

The judge, Army Col. Jeffery Nance, said the court has not been directly affected by Trump’s remarks. Then-Republican nominee Trump repeatedly called Bergdahl a traitor on the campaign trial and suggested that he be shot or thrown from a plane without a parachute. Trump revived those comments when Bergdahl pleaded guilty on Oct. 16 by saying at a news conference that he thinks people are aware of what he said before.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2017/10/30/judge-bergdahl-to-get-fair-sentence-despite-trump-remarks/

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Judge: Bergdahl to get fair sentence, despite Trump remarks
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 09:10:07 pm »
This Army Judge has been a no-bullshit guy throughout this case, from what I can see.  It appears he's unmoved by the Defense contention Trump ruined Berghdhal's chance for a fair sentence.  A good sign, I hope. 

Hopefully soon we'll see a Meme go up with Bergdhal's sad-sack face and the words, "He Broke Me!"

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: