Author Topic: Kevin Spacey apologizes, comes out as gay after allegation of sexual advance on 14-year-old  (Read 4308 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 07:34:58 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Frank Cannon

Yes, he'll be considered courageous - and not the predatory pedophile he appears to be.

Maybe they should rename Spacey's show King of Queens.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Media Skewered For Focus On Kevin Spacey Coming Out Rather Than Harassment
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2017, 07:38:16 pm »
Media Skewered For Focus On Kevin Spacey Coming Out Rather Than Harassment

Dominique Mosbergen
HuffPost
October 30, 2017

When the actor Kevin Spacey came out of the closet on Sunday while apologizing to actor Anthony Rapp for sexual harassment, many onlookers were aghast by the conflation.

Many accused Spacey, 58, of attempting to deflect attention from Rapp’s claim that he was 14 when Spacey picked him up, “placed him on his bed and climbed on top of him, making a sexual advance.” TV host Guy Branum called the diversionary tactic a “PR smokescreen.” ...

Now, several news outlets are being skewered for stumbling into Spacey’s trap.

As HuffPost contributor Yashar Ali noted on Twitter, the New York Daily News, ABC News and Reuters were among the news outlets that led their coverage of the scandal with the actor’s coming out rather than the harassment allegations...

More

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Funny how they all knew in this case and the Weinstein case but kept silent allowing for more helpless victims.

The Hollywood elites could "come out" in opposition, to pedophilia

(which by the way is categorized as "not curable" mental illness by psychiatrists. The best outcome, of successful treatment, is total abstinence).

The question could also then beg, what about "homosexuality?" Is that mental illness, too?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Fox News is reporting that House of Cards is ending.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/10/30/house-cards-ending-amid-kevin-spacey-sexual-harassment-claim.html

For me, the old format in the US whereby series ran on indefinitely is losing out, to the more interesting European format.

IOW fewer episodes, over fewer seasons.  House of Cards has run its course, Stacey notwithstanding.

Stacey: "Hollywood's First Admitted Pedophile."

Now we learn why he has been so coy about his sexuality in the past.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline goodwithagun

I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
What a sleazeball.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Frank Cannon

'House of Cards' to end next year after sexual allegations against Spacey
http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/357874-house-of-cards-to-end-next-year-after-sexual-allegations

If anyone is familiar with the real BBC House of Cards, the good one, they should be familiar that the story has a definitive end. The fact that they are squeezing more than 3 seasons out of that Spacey show is ridiculous.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Well, I was wondering where Spacey learned that sort of behavior, and there it is:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5032809/Kevin-Spacey-s-father-Nazi-child-rapist-brother-says.html

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
If anyone is familiar with the real BBC House of Cards, the good one, they should be familiar that the story has a definitive end. The fact that they are squeezing more than 3 seasons out of that Spacey show is ridiculous.

@Frank Cannon

The original UK show consisted of 12 episodes over 3 seasons. Over there, seasons are called series'. The late Ian Richardson was great as the antagonist.

The US series consists, thus far, of 5 seasons and 65 episodes. US TV believes in milking a series to death. I've never seen an episode but I assume that Kevin Spacey has been superb. He usually is.

I hope that Kevin Spacey does not become the victim of a witch hunt.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 09:32:17 pm by Machiavelli »

Offline musiclady

Well, I was wondering where Spacey learned that sort of behavior, and there it is:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5032809/Kevin-Spacey-s-father-Nazi-child-rapist-brother-says.html

Whoa.......... if that's true, he had a very dark past.

And should be taken off the streets to make them safer for young boys......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yeah.   The "outrage" is ridiculous.

None of these creeps give a rip about sexual predators....... OR their victims.
It's just damage control so the 'breeders' will keep watching their stuff...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

Gays are upset at Spacey because he let out their dirty little secret.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Gays are upset at Spacey because he let out their dirty little secret.
The more dirty little secrets that are let out, the more the myth of 'just like everyone else' starts crumbling. Hollywood has gone to great lengths to fabricate that facade, especially over the last few decades, and it could all fall at once if the damage control isn't effective.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

I doubt that had any impact.  I'm sure he was born that way.

Offline musiclady

Technically, I think Spacey is a "pederast" since his victim was a teenager.

Pedophilia involves pre-pubescent kids.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

I doubt that had any impact.  I'm sure he was born that way.

I'm sure if they looked hard enough they'd find that gene in him.

Offline RoosGirl

I'm sure if they looked hard enough they'd find that gene in him.

Sounds like it'd be an exact copy of his father's.   :whistle:

Too soon?

Offline Frank Cannon

Breaking: Spacey Picked Up By Authorities

« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 11:48:05 pm by Frank Cannon »

Offline Meldrew

So 1) Mr Spacey is bisexual. 2) Mr. Spacey was a darling of the Clinton White House.  Hmmm. I wonder if he ever worked them both at the same time?

Sorry for the visual.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
So 1) Mr Spacey is bisexual. 2) Mr. Spacey was a darling of the Clinton White House.  Hmmm. I wonder if he ever worked them both at the same time?

Sorry for the visual.

Jail time?  Yep, might be in "the cards"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline dfwgator

So 1) Mr Spacey is bisexual.

Which means he likes men and boys.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
More people coming out with allocations against Kevin Spacey

Breaking on CNN right now.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/02/media/house-of-cards-kevin-spacey-harassment/index.html
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline musiclady

More people coming out with allocations against Kevin Spacey

Breaking on CNN right now.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/02/media/house-of-cards-kevin-spacey-harassment/index.html

It's never just one with a pedophile. 

I'll bet there are a lot more.