Author Topic: World Series Game Five---Live Thread  (Read 1890 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Re: World Series Game Five---Live Thread
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2017, 04:02:47 am »
Correa's homer was the one hundredth of this postseason, tying a major league
record.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2017, 04:09:18 am »
Tony Cingrani comes in for the Dodgers and gets three outs almost as fast as the Astros got
four runs to open the inning, it's 11-8, Astros after seven, but I wouldn't put this one into
the safe just yet . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2017, 04:22:02 am »
A one-out double and a plunk and Brad Peacock is coming out in favour of Will Harris
for the Astros in the top of the eighth . . .

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2017, 04:25:15 am »
And the merry-go-round goes round again. Corey Seager hits an RBI double,
11-9, Astros, one out, the Dodgers hitting in the top of the eighth . . .

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2017, 04:29:01 am »
Two on, two out, two-run game, the Astros bringing in Chris Devenski to pitch to Dodger
Andre Ethier pinch hitting for Enrique Hernandez, top of the eighth . . .

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2017, 04:32:18 am »
Devenski gets Ethier on a ground out to first unassisted, 11-9, Astros, middle eight . . .

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2017, 04:37:32 am »
Deep to right field and gonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne, goodbye! Brian McCann, one-out home run, it's 12-9,
Astros, bottom of the eighth . . . Ross Stripling relieving Tony Cingrani for the Dodgers . . . eba-dee, eba-dee,
eba-dee, eba-that's not all, folks!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 04:40:05 am by EasyAce »

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2017, 04:44:49 am »
Alex Bregman dials Area code 5-4-3 for the side, but it's 12-9, Astros after eight . . .

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2017, 04:54:04 am »
This one is hit deep to left and she is gonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne! Yasiel Puig hit a Chris Devenski
changeup into the Crawford Boxes with Cody Bellinger aboard, and it's a one-run game again . . . 12-11,
Astros, and that's defintely not all, folks!

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2017, 05:01:58 am »
Can you believe this?!?!?!? Chris Taylor shoots one up the pipe for a base hit, in comes Barnes,
and we are tied at twelve with two out in the top of the ninth!!!!

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2017, 05:04:48 am »

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2017, 05:15:19 am »
A two-out double, a fly out to left, and we are going to extra innings. Tied at twelve after nine full!
In the immortal words of Red Barber . . . .ohhhhhhhhhhh, doctor!

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2017, 05:24:55 am »
A one-out single by Andre Ethier goes for naught.

Tied at twelve going to the bottom of the tenth.

And Joe Musgrove did not implode pitching the top of the tenth.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 05:25:24 am by EasyAce »

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2017, 05:40:52 am »
I'm just going to share my game notes again . . . bottom of the twelfth . . .

Evan Gattis---fouls one off; ball one to him; ball two to him; ball three to him; the Astros
have overcome three earlier deficits and had the lead late; grounder to third, Forsythe has
it, throws him out, one away. Marwin Gonzalez---ball one to him; looks at a strike; fouls
one off; struck his ass out swinging, two away!! Brian McCann---homered his last time up,
one of the Astros' five bombs . . . ball one to him way up and in; looks at a strike; ball two
 up and away; swinging strike, deuces wild to him; he fouls off a cutter deep down the right
 field line; and he's hit by the pitch, the Astros have the winning run aboard with two out!
McCann hit on the wrist, he's waving off the Astros' trainer. George Springer---ball one to
him; ball two to him (check swing); ball three to him! Strike one called; walked him! First
and second, two out for the Astros in the bottom of the twelfth, the winning run in scoring
position. They send Fisher out to run for McCann. Alex Bregman---swinging on the first
pitch, it's a base hit, Fisher's coming home and beats the throw to the plate and the Astros
win it!!!!!!! 13-12 your final from Minute Maid!!!!!!!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2017, 05:46:31 am »
S W E E T ! ! !
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2017, 10:16:46 am »
S W E E T ! ! !

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?     

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2017, 02:05:45 pm »

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?     

:beer:

Sometimes they are just a TAD to damned entertaining for this old man's heart!   :beer:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2017, 02:52:08 pm »
Sometimes they are just a TAD to damned entertaining for this old man's heart!   :beer:

Historic World Series Home Run Rate may be Result of Slicker Baseballs

http://www.si.com/mlb/2017/10/29/world-series-baseballs-leather-justin-verlander-yu-darvish-ken-giles-kenley-jansen

By Tom Verducci October 29, 2017

HOUSTON – Pitchers and coaches from both the Dodgers and Astros complained Saturday night about the World Series baseballs—and this time the controversy is not just about liveliness. They say there is a new problem: the baseballs used in the World Series are slicker than the ones used in the regular season because of a difference in the grain of the leather. The slicker World Series balls particularly make it hard to throw a good slider, they claim.

“We had a well-pitched game tonight from both sides,” Astros pitching coach Brent Strom said after Los Angeles won Game 4, 6-2. “I’m not taking anything away from the players. I just want to know why? Why in the world would the baseballs in the World Series be different? Because you can see the difference. You can feel it. I don’t understand it at all.”

Said Dodgers pitching coach Rick Honeycutt, referring to his Game 3 starter, Yu Darvish, “Yu noticed the difference. He told me the balls were slicker and he had trouble throwing the slider because of how slick they were. He wasn’t able to throw his slider the same way.”
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2017, 02:55:24 pm »
Historic World Series Home Run Rate may be Result of Slicker Baseballs

http://www.si.com/mlb/2017/10/29/world-series-baseballs-leather-justin-verlander-yu-darvish-ken-giles-kenley-jansen

By Tom Verducci October 29, 2017

HOUSTON – Pitchers and coaches from both the Dodgers and Astros complained Saturday night about the World Series baseballs—and this time the controversy is not just about liveliness. They say there is a new problem: the baseballs used in the World Series are slicker than the ones used in the regular season because of a difference in the grain of the leather. The slicker World Series balls particularly make it hard to throw a good slider, they claim.

“We had a well-pitched game tonight from both sides,” Astros pitching coach Brent Strom said after Los Angeles won Game 4, 6-2. “I’m not taking anything away from the players. I just want to know why? Why in the world would the baseballs in the World Series be different? Because you can see the difference. You can feel it. I don’t understand it at all.”

Said Dodgers pitching coach Rick Honeycutt, referring to his Game 3 starter, Yu Darvish, “Yu noticed the difference. He told me the balls were slicker and he had trouble throwing the slider because of how slick they were. He wasn’t able to throw his slider the same way.”

Hummm! Hadn't heard that one but I have noticed that the friggin strike zone moves around a lot!  Last night during the course of the game even!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2017, 05:14:55 pm »
Hummm! Hadn't heard that one but I have noticed that the friggin strike zone moves around a lot!  Last night during the course of the game even!
That plate ump had a strike zone so wide a 747 could have flown through it. Both sides were
complaining about it---pitchers and hitters alike.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2017, 02:57:10 am »
The balls are too slick, and it's impossible to get the grip necessary to throw a slider effectively.

Game  5:  Kershaw threw 51 breaking balls with only ONE swing and miss.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2017, 03:22:28 am »
I think I found the only thing missing from Game Five . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE8gF-1D5Mg

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2017, 01:32:20 pm »
I think we all deserve a reminder here by George Carlin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIkqNiBASfI&feature=youtu.be
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2017, 01:39:34 pm »
I love your threads @EasyAce    I'm able to join in the conversation around the coffee machine in the office.  (If I don't go deep)  Thanks!!   :beer: