Author Topic: Most members of Houston Texans kneel for National Anthem in protest of owner  (Read 947 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Updated: 4:24 PM EDT Oct 29, 2017

SEATTLE —

Only 10 active Houston Texans players stood for the national anthem with the rest of the team kneeling down.

The Texans had indicated there would be some type of protest following comments by owner Bob McNair. McNair has issued two apologies and is attempting to explain his comments after a story in ESPN The Magazine this week revealed that he said "we can't have the inmates running the prison" during a meeting of NFL owners about players who protest by kneeling during the national anthem.

There were reports the Texans would consider staying in the locker room for the anthem, but the entire team took the field about 10 minutes before kickoff. When the anthem started more than half the active roster took a knee.

more
http://www.wcvb.com/article/most-members-of-houston-texans-kneel-for-national-anthem-in-protest-of-owner/13115252
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Looks like the inmates are running things..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.

The Texans had indicated there would be some type of protest following comments by owner Bob McNair. McNair has issued two apologies and is attempting to explain his comments after a story in ESPN The Magazine this week revealed that he said "we can't have the inmates running the prison" during a meeting of NFL owners about players who protest by kneeling during the national anthem.

It is possible the owner didn't realize that associating blacks with prison is "racist" ??

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

It is possible the owner didn't realize that associating blacks with prison is "racist" ??
As I learned the old phrase, it was "let the inmates run the asylum," which I'm sure the SJW crowd would claim is demeaning their intelligence.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

how so?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.
Quote from: IsailedawayfromFR link=topic=288541.msg1499302#msg1499302
date=1509329761
how so?

Hope you know I was being sarcastic.

When liberals rant about why there is such a high percentage of blacks in prison....
the obvious answer is "racist."

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Remind me again how disrespecting this country's flag means you are protesting your boss?

Seems these young men need some more education, as what they are doing will simply land them in the unemployment line.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mountaineer

Remind me again how disrespecting this country's flag means you are protesting your boss?
Facts, logic and common sense do not apply to this really important "take a knee" situation, dontcha know.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Does anyone have the names of the ones who refused to take a knee?

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline jpsb

The only NFL team I would watch is the Texans. Now I am done with the Texans too.