Author Topic: 'Margaret Thatcher Is My Role Model': German AfD Far Right Leader  (Read 469 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
yahoo
reuters Oct 28, 2017

[excerpt]

https://www.yahoo.com/news/margaret-thatcher-role-model-german-far-afd-leader-213624076--business.html

'Margaret Thatcher is my role model': German far-right AfD leader
[Reuters]
ReutersOctober 28, 2017
First plenary session at the German lower house of Parliament after general elections in Berlin
View photos
Leaders of the anti-immigration party Alternative for Germany (AfD) Bundestag group Alice Weidel and Alexander Gauland attend the first plenary session of German lower house of Parliament after a general election in Berlin, Germany, October 24, 2017. REUTERS/Fabrizio Bensch

BERLIN (Reuters) - Alice Weidel, a leader of Germany's far-right Alternative for Germany (AfD) party, said the late British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher is her political role model, saying Thatcher got Britain back on its feet when it was facing economic ruin.

Weidel told the German newspaper Bild am Sonntag newspaper that her party, which stormed into parliament for the first time after capturing nearly 13 percent of the vote, aimed to be ready to join a coalition government by 2021.

That could be a long shot since all mainstream parties have rejected working with the AfD.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 08:39:51 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: 'Margaret Thatcher Is My Role Model': German AfD FAr Right Leader
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 08:38:53 am »
"She said she favoured free child care and kindergartens because that would help families."

She and her Party, Reuters, or someone have a rather odd idea of what being Right Leaning is.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 08:39:14 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: 'Margaret Thatcher Is My Role Model': German AfD Far Right Leader
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 06:02:39 pm »

Reminds me a little of Anna Torv.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.