Author Topic: BREAKING: Top Democrat Resigns Over Sex Scandal  (Read 1742 times)

rangerrebew

BREAKING: Top Democrat Resigns Over Sex Scandal
« on: October 28, 2017, 03:24:57 pm »

October 28, 2017 By Robert Gehl

Just days after he was chosen to lead his fellow Democrats in the Florida State Senate, Sen. Jeff Clemens, a married man, admitted to an affair with a former political lobbyist.

Clemens admitted the affair Thursday and apologized in a written statement. “I used poor judgment and hurt people that I care about, and for that I apologized long ago,” he said. “But I also owe my constituents and colleagues an apology and I intend to do just that.

“No excuses are good enough or can undo the pain I’ve caused. I have spent a lot of time, long before I was contacted by a reporter, focusing on improving my behavior. I will always aim to be a better person, be as honest in my private life as I am with my public one, and continue to seek forgiveness from the people I have wronged.”

http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/breaking-top-democrat-resigns-sex-scandal

Offline stephen50right

Re: BREAKING: Top Democrat Resigns Over Sex Scandal
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 03:51:43 pm »

October 28, 2017 By Robert Gehl

Just days after he was chosen to lead his fellow Democrats in the Florida State Senate, Sen. Jeff Clemens, a married man, admitted to an affair with a former political lobbyist.

Clemens admitted the affair Thursday and apologized in a written statement. “I used poor judgment and hurt people that I care about, and for that I apologized long ago,” he said. “But I also owe my constituents and colleagues an apology and I intend to do just that.

“No excuses are good enough or can undo the pain I’ve caused. I have spent a lot of time, long before I was contacted by a reporter, focusing on improving my behavior. I will always aim to be a better person, be as honest in my private life as I am with my public one, and continue to seek forgiveness from the people I have wronged.”

http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/breaking-top-democrat-resigns-sex-scandal

<<< admitted to an affair with a former political lobbyist. >>>

If it was "tit for tat" so to speak, it could mean some serious prison time involved.

Offline libertybele

Re: BREAKING: Top Democrat Resigns Over Sex Scandal
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 03:28:36 pm »
Never heard of the guy; another DEM out the door.  888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.